SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You guys are both right........ I know ecxaclty what you’re paying in taxes then to top it off with insurance...... I was going to buy two eighteen wheelers to haul oil and water ....Started doing the legal trail and it was plum stupid.......Then the liability on top of all that.....

It’s the American way!!It really doesn’t bother me if someone cheats and don’t pays tax.........It just bothers me when they have something like this and they want to sue for $200,000 when there Taxes showed $15,000...... This is my point...

this i agree with i don't believe in sueing except for very special circumstances.......but i don't know enogh about shrimping to say anything either.....why can't they just move there boat to a different area?.....i mean when i don't have work i go look for it. this may not even be possible but im gonna do what i got to do
Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OFwlKlr View Post
Something seems fishy! "fitness"
Fishy or not. They use a CPA that guarantees his deductions and will challenge any audits for free. They pay him a good bit but the guides all got together and formed a corporation in Delaware (I Think its Delaware) and they have been in business for YEARS and no problems or "Fishy" audits yet. They have it so well organized financially it is very impressive. I know because I have see the corporations statements every year when they purchase a FLEET of boats EVERY year.

Needless to say, they are sitting pretty good right now and recently the "corporation" purchased 3 more campsites for a total of 7 that the "Corporation" owns in different areas along the coast. So they have canceled trips and lodging fees that were booked up. BP has already offered to pay the full amount of their cancellations from guided trips and the lodging throughout this process until it ends. They thought it was fair and wanted to accept but the lawyer told them to hold off. So the guides got together and thought it was a fair deal, contacted the BP lawyer them selves and told them that they will not sign anything but a accounts payable receipt as they collect each weekly payment. Then as trips were getting booked regularly BP will still pay the unused rooms or camps and the guides that were not booked. After they get back to the normal business that was averaged out over a period years (Which is ALL documented) then they will sign a (I forget what the legal term was he said) but it was something like a paid in full for a documented loss of income.

I told them that I thought they were very fair about this. The Lawyer wanted to "Go After Them." They didn't feel it to be necessary, as long as they were being compensated in full for a true loss of documented business due to the spill. They are true people. They also are volunteering for clean up for free but using BP boats and gas.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
If you are not cheatin you are not trying.........
Agree
Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyCajunGirl View Post
Fishy or not. They use a CPA that guarantees his deductions and will challenge any audits for free. They pay him a good bit but the guides all got together and formed a corporation in Delaware (I Think its Delaware) and they have been in business for YEARS and no problems or "Fishy" audits yet. They have it so well organized financially it is very impressive. I know because I have see the corporations statements every year when they purchase a FLEET of boats EVERY year.

Needless to say, they are sitting pretty good right now and recently the "corporation" purchased 3 more campsites for a total of 7 that the "Corporation" owns in different areas along the coast. So they have canceled trips and lodging fees that were booked up. BP has already offered to pay the full amount of their cancellations from guided trips and the lodging throughout this process until it ends. They thought it was fair and wanted to accept but the lawyer told them to hold off. So the guides got together and thought it was a fair deal, contacted the BP lawyer them selves and told them that they will not sign anything but a accounts payable receipt as they collect each weekly payment. Then as trips were getting booked regularly BP will still pay the unused rooms or camps and the guides that were not booked. After they get back to the normal business that was averaged out over a period years (Which is ALL documented) then they will sign a (I forget what the legal term was he said) but it was something like a paid in full for a documented loss of income.

I told them that I thought they were very fair about this. The Lawyer wanted to "Go After Them." They didn't feel it to be necessary, as long as they were being compensated in full for a true loss of documented business due to the spill. They are true people. They also are volunteering for clean up for free but using BP boats and gas.
That's a group of men with good business sense. Attorneys aren't always the way to go. They would have likely been years out of their money and lost 33-40% of it in attorney fees. If BP is willing to pay as they go, it works out a lot better for them in the short and long run. Waiting two or three years to get back a couple months worth of income isn't wise if you consider how much you had to put out of pocket in the meantime to cover that money.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
What does the law say you can earn up to in cash before you need a 10-99????

I have not busted that on any given item
I believe $500
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
I believe $500
ANything $600 and up is to be a 1099 or regular taxes taken out.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

yall dont know anything,

i WORK IN THE OIL FIELD, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT TAXES

so just stop talking about
Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
yall dont know anything,

i WORK IN THE OIL FIELD, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT TAXES

so just stop talking about
Somebody's on a roll this morning!

Of course, I'm a moron, tool and measly car repair man! I can't even spell my name correctly!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
That's a group of men with good business sense. Attorneys aren't always the way to go. They would have likely been years out of their money and lost 33-40% of it in attorney fees. If BP is willing to pay as they go, it works out a lot better for them in the short and long run. Waiting two or three years to get back a couple months worth of income isn't wise if you consider how much you had to put out of pocket in the meantime to cover that money.
You are exactly correct. BP have already been paying them for the losses on the spot as they turn in the cancellations papers with the total amount that they were charging customers for either 1 guided trip for however many, or the whole kit and kaboodle with lodging and all. One of the guys said that BP is being extreamly fair to them and cutting the checks to the corporation on the spot.

They think that BP is doing this with them because they have everything documented and NO Lawyer is involved. The Lawyer for BP that cuts them the checks told them BP is being careful about paying people because EVERYONE has Lawyers and they are asking for ridiculas amounts of money for things like emotional distress from people that live as far north as Baton Rouge that doesnt even have property on or near the coast.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Somebody's on a roll this morning!

Of course, I'm a moron, tool and measly car repair man! I can't even spell my name correctly!
Funny thing is. You can tell when he copy and pastes. It's a different font and spelled right.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
Funny thing is. You can tell when he copy and pastes. It's a different font and spelled right.
Still waiting on a reply on where all his resume` has taken place. I guess sometimes we forget when we are being the only "right person" in the world that people haven't always done just one thing for a living.

This "car repair man" has been a lot of places in the world for work in wherelse but the oil and chemical industry. Heck, while I'll never know what he knows, I've actually worked on a platform too!

I'm on my second passport now and it's got S. American stamps in it already!...But I don't know didley because I'm a car fixer upper!