SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,517
Thumbs down

I would think that if the Streams really wanted do do some good, they would do it on their own land. My mother and my brother both have houses out there. I take my granddaughter fishing out there. I think they need to fill in some of the Greywood open water but they probably don't want to mess up their waterfront lots when it is developed out to the waters edge. Everyone involved on the other side has enough money to make these 50 or so homeowners look like trailer trash. (No offence to the people on this site that live in Mobile Homes.)

I sure will miss that 800" of water front.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
I would think that if the Streams really wanted do do some good, they would do it on their own land. My mother and my brother both have houses out there. I take my granddaughter fishing out there. I think they need to fill in some of the Greywood open water but they probably don't want to mess up their waterfront lots when it is developed out to the waters edge. Everyone involved on the other side has enough money to make these 50 or so homeowners look like trailer trash. (No offence to the people on this site that live in Mobile Homes.)

I sure will miss that 800" of water front.
It IS their own land!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

Quote:
Originally Posted by "K" View Post
Totally agree Big Kahunaz!! You would think that the wetland service company, with as many other acres as they own, could find another place take dump spoils. It is hard for me to understand how the destruction of 230 acres of open water in Lake Charles will enhance the environment. Where are the local government officials in this? Also, this appears to me to completely alter fish habitat. There is a shad and shrimp nursery in this area that will be devasted.
You must not know a lot about marsh eco systems. It will enhance shrimp nursery, not devastate it.

FOR THE RECORD - I am neutral on the issue. I don't care either which way. Just pointing out facts about the project.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
It IS their own land!!
I wonder exactly where they are drawing the line because my mom and brother own a lot of the bottoms between Fernwood and the Gettings Estate all the way to the South bank. The bay behind St Charles subdivision.

Sent from my EVO
Old 08-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,025
Default Any updates on this?

Trying to bump this topic back up. Anyone know if this is still in the works?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
bet if it was yalls waterfront that you paid for yall wouldn't be so excited about this.....i know i would be pissed after i built my house on the water and they gonna fill it in and all i would have is a canal
Too bad! "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". Any project putting marsh back to what it was 50+ years ago is the only things that should be done. Period. But it should be the oil companies paying for it. not tax payers! But if it affected the homeowners property values they should be compensated as well.

edit: Sorry just realized how old this thread was.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Thanks for bumping this topic, I fish that area quite often, this would definitely hurt the area in my eyes. Looking forward to hearing any news on the topic.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

The way I see it, its a good thing. Those people that were complaining about that project built there homes on an old landfill. And youre going to complain about something beneficial to the lake system? Hmmm.

That being said, I don't think this project ever got off the ground. I know someone at Stream, and we talked about it about a year or 2 ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2