SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Btw thanks for all the advice. I should make him read this post. You guys are awesome.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
I just left my house and he is still sleeping.I actually gave him an ultimatum sun. I told him If I did not see a change he was gone Friday. Looks like he is going to make me go through with it. I'm going to cancel his car insurance and he will need to be gone when I get off of work Friday. Me and my wife talked about this last night. Her biggest problem is he lies to her. Damn this makes me feel like ****. I gotta do what I gotta do.
What do you consider a "change"? To evaluate a person's preformance.....you must have goals that are "measurable". Take out the garbage....is not something that you can measure. Take out the garbage ever day.....this you can measure.

Make a list of things you want him to do each day or week. Tell him do each thing ever day/week...... if you miss one day/week.....you are gone the next day.

Let it be his fault that he got kicked out.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Really feel for you man......

I believe you know the right thing to do here.
You are not doing him any good letting him free load.....it's time.

He has to go.
All you might try is going and paying first and last month rent somewhere.......it he can't make the rent he is out of his own accord.

I'll be praying for you, your family and your brother.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 894

I didnt read the rest of the comments so if someone already said this I apologize. You need to kick him out,if not it will eventually take a toll on your marriage! He is not your problem! Obviously it would be different if he were helping but hes not!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
I just left my house and he is still sleeping.I actually gave him an ultimatum sun. I told him If I did not see a change he was gone Friday. Looks like he is going to make me go through with it. I'm going to cancel his car insurance and he will need to be gone when I get off of work Friday. Me and my wife talked about this last night. Her biggest problem is he lies to her. Damn this makes me feel like ****. I gotta do what I gotta do.
yeah you may feel like **** but now he knows that your seriously wanting him to do something with his life and if he wouldn't get out I'm sure it would start affecting your marriage which would be the last thing you'd want it to affect. I know it took a lot of courage and for that I say, awesome job
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
King Mackeral

Well he made me do it. He is now officially gone. He was pissed but ohh well. Maybe he will get his **** together.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Well he made me do it. He is now officially gone. He was pissed but ohh well. Maybe he will get his **** together.
Sucks it had to be that way... but you did the right thing Jason
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
It took a lot out of you to do such a thing, I am sure. Know that you did what is best for you and the family you chose. Situations such as that can put such a strain on a married life.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

You don't bite the hand that feeds you..tell him that
Old 04-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Longcast, I fell your pain 100%. I am in the exact situation with my wifes brother who is 23. He was supposed to move in until he got on his feet and that was 2 years ago. He stays in my little boys room and comes home from work in the evenings, takes a shower, then leaves again to return at all different hours. He constantly uses my hunting and fishing stuff and does not take care of it. He pays nothing for rent or groceries but always eats and soaks up the electricity. He offered to take 3 or my deer I had in the freezer quartered up to get processed since he does not pay us anything and I was actually surprised. About 6 weeks go by and I still dont have the meat back and he said it was in a big cooler at the tractor barn where he farms at. I learned not to believe him so called the processor. The processor said he called him over 20 times and finally gave up and gave the meat away in my ice chest. That was the last straw for me. That along with several expensive hunting items was all I could take. He would not answer my phone calls last week so i texted him that if my freezer was not loaded with meat and a new 150 quart ice chest was not at my house by this past Sunday when I got home from the camp he better have his clothes out and not come back. I returned Sunday and there was no meat and ice chest so all his clothes are now in the laundry room and he has not come back. My wife said she feels bad cuz he has no where to go but he has had 2 years to find something and between partying and gamblinghe never has a penny at the end of the month. The only bill he has is a cell phone bill and he doesnt even have a penny saved. I dont feel bad for him at all, i feel disrescpected and angry to have been taken advantage of for so long thinking I was helping somebody but I have learned he is a compulsive liar and obviously has no respect for the people that have tried to help him out.

I know he is your brother but take it from me,the longer you let him stay and get away with things the harder it becomes to take action and make him leave. You are not doing him any favors or teaching him anything though you are probably like me and thinking you are. My hardest part is it was not my brother it was my wifes so i was fighting 2 battles,one with him and one with my wife. I dont mind helping anyone out but when people constantly dont try and help themselves that is when my patience run out.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

let them know the military will house them, give them clothes and feed them. It will give them direction and they will get to travel and see the world. He can also get a good trade if he uses a little gray matter when joining. The armed forces are looking for guys like them to reshape into productive being.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM
King Mackeral

Quakhead he tried the military. I dont think he made a year in the navy. Ragincajun has is worse than me. Man I feel for you bro. These grown men have no clue about life.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Quakhead he tried the military. I dont think he made a year in the navy. Ragincajun has is worse than me. Man I feel for you bro. These grown men have no clue about life.
ha..tell him BOP(bureau of prisons) or DOC(DEPT of Corrections) got a spot for him...guareenteed 3 hots and a cot. get his ged too..lol...learn to make fine arts. and be bubba's BIOTCH----the route he's going, he'd be sure to hit rock bottom
Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 AM
King Mackeral

Some friends of his told me he was staying with this girl. She had a good job,and her own place. She even gave him the money for a new tire. He is still rolling on a donout. Hahaha. She figured out real quick what he was about.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
King Mackeral

Booya he could never handle jail. He is way to much of a pretty boy. Lol. He could not shower three times a day snd sleep till 5. Ohh and he would have to do some work.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Tripletail

with a twic card, there's no excuse in not having a job....unless you are skilled and looking for a specific skilled job. Riggers are always hiring, 14 to start, staffing agency's always looking for riggers. Painter/blasters are always looking for people...hard job, but pays decent. helpers can get 13-15 and once deemed worthy, can fetch anywhere from 16-21 /hr plus **** TONS of OVERTIME. Get him a taste of that offshore money...sounds like offshore would be perfect gig for him....14/7 come in burn one check.leave, the other check arrives....got a place to stay, work, eat, and only needs to worry about a place on land for a week or 2 a month.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
King Mackeral

I payed for his twic card. He is still waiting for it to arrive. I agree. A 28 year old man with no kids and no wife should be working. My best friend is a Capt on a work boat. He has offered my brother the chance to go work and make some good Money.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
King Mackeral

Sorry did not mean to summit that. He will not take my buddys offer. I would but my wife is not cool with me working offshore. I would not be able to go to school either.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

It's not your problem to take care of him, you're his brother.
After 18, he should be on his own.
You made a deal with him, he didn't uphold his end of the deal.
I wouldn't worry about it. You held up to your end of the deal.

My dad took care of me as long as I was in school. As soon as
I quit college and went to work, I was out on my own.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

u should practice tpugh love like how our grannies did us....thats a good excuse to hit him lol