SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,696
Default

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414156839.236845.jpg

Yesterday afternoon


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 AM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Attachment 76273

Yesterday afternoon


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Look at you! Sharing and stuff!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:27 AM
revspiggles revspiggles is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: lafayette
Posts: 146
Cash: 1,150
Default

Gunner...give me a heads up more than a day in advance...man I'll take you up on your offer. split gas etc..obviously. I am in the old 78 17ft whaler..usally by myself or with 1 other. My boat has some fuel issues so its in the shop this week. Hopefully I will be out there next Tues or Thurs am. I fished hard hard 2 weeks ago 8-9th...but only caught a few when I realized the inside was late this year compared to next. Good luck yall this wekend
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:31 PM
cnjcaldwell cnjcaldwell is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: duson
Posts: 6
Cash: 612
Default

I went out yesterday morning and didn't do so good. A few here and there. Caught a lot but all ran about an inch short.. I was fishing the points around the trash pile. I prefer to tightline with a double rig and shrimp. Always fished big lake the past 15 years now trying to learn the bay since its closer to home. Had quite a few boats out for a weekday but didn't see anyone catching anything and they would come and go. Water clarity was decent. Bite was good as long as the tide was falling. When it stopped so did the fish.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 PM
cnjcaldwell cnjcaldwell is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: duson
Posts: 6
Cash: 612
Default

And in case your curious about topwater I tried that also. Tried numerous baits and colors. Caught one flounder and didn't really get any other bites. Flounder was on a purple and green cocahoe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:33 PM
fishingonewild's Avatar
fishingonewild fishingonewild is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 547
Cash: 772
Default

legallimits and marshrat yall both made very good points there and I respect that big time too.. and marshrat u saying u have a network of people that u keep in touch with which is a good thing and I wish I had that kind of network but I don't so which is why I am on here to be able to learn better and know more of how to do and what to do for my self and help others too.. but all good.... so im looking forward to be out there in vbay tmw. who knows I mite see some of yall out there...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 PM
fishingonewild's Avatar
fishingonewild fishingonewild is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 547
Cash: 772
Default

cnjcaldwell thanks for the info and ill do my best out there...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:45 PM
cnjcaldwell cnjcaldwell is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: duson
Posts: 6
Cash: 612
Default

No problem.. ill be out tomorrow morning
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM
MattMigues's Avatar
MattMigues MattMigues is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Iberia
Posts: 601
Cash: 1,768
Default

Dang! Ya'll morning fishermen are killing me I gotta wait till afternoon and bite has been inconsistant! Having panic attacks here!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2014, 02:01 PM
irokcj5 irokcj5 is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Iberia
Posts: 219
Cash: 937
Default

Hey Matt! Was on the water at 6:30, started at the cove, nothing, went into weeks bay, very choppy and muddy, didn't even stop, turned around back into shark bayou and found a nice wide cut. trolling on the way in, picked up a nice trout. Nothing after that for 2 hours. Went out of Shark Bayou and anchored near the shore across from beach and witin 25 minutes, picked up 2 fat reds and another trout. Left at 11am. Good luck this evening. I'm heading to Golden meadow in the morning with the kayak.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 PM
MattMigues's Avatar
MattMigues MattMigues is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Iberia
Posts: 601
Cash: 1,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Hey Matt! Was on the water at 6:30, started at the cove, nothing, went into weeks bay, very choppy and muddy, didn't even stop, turned around back into shark bayou and found a nice wide cut. trolling on the way in, picked up a nice trout. Nothing after that for 2 hours. Went out of Shark Bayou and anchored near the shore across from beach and witin 25 minutes, picked up 2 fat reds and another trout. Left at 11am. Good luck this evening. I'm heading to Golden meadow in the morning with the kayak.
Good luck Uncle! I won't be able to make it out this weekend we have a busy schedule but I'll be thinking about fishing! One evening next week if you can we need to make a trip before the time changes. Thursday and friday are out but just get in touch with me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 PM
fishingonewild's Avatar
fishingonewild fishingonewild is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 547
Cash: 772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Hey Matt! Was on the water at 6:30, started at the cove, nothing, went into weeks bay, very choppy and muddy, didn't even stop, turned around back into shark bayou and found a nice wide cut. trolling on the way in, picked up a nice trout. Nothing after that for 2 hours. Went out of Shark Bayou and anchored near the shore across from beach and witin 25 minutes, picked up 2 fat reds and another trout. Left at 11am. Good luck this evening. I'm heading to Golden meadow in the morning with the kayak.
at least ya caught something than none at all...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM
biggun's Avatar
biggun biggun is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,868
Cash: 4,112
Default

Guys... U have to put in the "Time", "Effort". Some days I run 90-100 plus miles. Try all the spots. Water is awesome someday's in the bay.. On the WEST SIDE.. U see ONE BIRD PICKIN???? STOP.. That simple.

I'll confess. I caught all them specks at Tiger Shoals. Remember fishing is a month late for some reason.

I saw one trout with a shrimp hair out of its gill. Never saw any shrimp or baait jumping. It's Stick and move.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-24-2014, 05:23 PM
fishingonewild's Avatar
fishingonewild fishingonewild is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lafayette
Posts: 547
Cash: 772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Guys... U have to put in the "Time", "Effort". Some days I run 90-100 plus miles. Try all the spots. Water is awesome someday's in the bay.. On the WEST SIDE.. U see ONE BIRD PICKIN???? STOP.. That simple.

I'll confess. I caught all them specks at Tiger Shoals. Remember fishing is a month late for some reason.

I saw one trout with a shrimp hair out of its gill. Never saw any shrimp or baait jumping. It's Stick and move.
in other words we gotta drift to get on them even if we don't see any bait jumping out of the water or etc... thanks for report will see how it goes tmw
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map