SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 648

I agree fully with picking up the trash. The problem is you will have to take it for a ride with you cause there are no trash bins to place the refuse.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

They have had several "sting" operations in the past. over 100 vialations were written in one weekend. It slowed people down for maybe 2 weeks then the crap starting building again. I don't know the answer to the problem but just sitting out and writting a littering ticket isn't it. Maybee some comunity service but that probably wont work either because people forget easily. The best thing to do in the meantime is kick in the by-catch around you when you leave and grab the trash there to. I know it sucks but if we dont there wont be any places left to enjoy.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
I'm not trying to blame all of the worlds ills on the "Communist in Chief" by any means, but has anybody else noticed that in the last 2 or 3 years acess to Federal lands seems to be less acessable. Not trying to hatch a consipiarcy theory, but I know these trash problems have been going on for many years now and I can't remember them ever shutting everyone out for the reasons of "public health hazard". I think Salazar may be been instructed to limit hunting and fishing opportunities on Federal lands as much as possible in an effort to pander to the liberal base(animal rights people). Obama told the libs at a rally that his justice department was "doing things under the radar to effect gun control" maybe this is also happening with the hunting and fishing too?? There are too many other ways to control this problem without running everyone off of federal lands. Maybe this new approach to an old problem is just a concidence, but I am suspicous nontheless.
Your way of thinking might not be all the time right.
----------------------------------------------------------------
A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service proposal to expand hunting opportunities would allow waterfowl hunting on Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge, the U.S. Sportmen’s Alliance announced yesterday (July 13).

The move is part of a plan to provide additional hunting opportunities on 10 refuges across the country.

“The proposed expanded hunting opportunities on these Refuges are a testament to the long-term work of the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation, and shows how both organizations fill a vital need for sportsmen,” said Bud Pidgeon, USSA and USSAF’s President and CEO.

In 1997, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance pushed for changes in laws ensuring that hunting and fishing were priority public uses on compatible refuge lands. The National Wildlife Refuge System Improvement Act was signed into law, and has been essential in opening new Refuge lands to sportsmen.
More than 300 National Wildlife Refuges allow hunting.

Also on the list for new hunting opportunities are:
Coldwater River National Wildlife Refuge (MS) – would allow migratory bird hunting of ducks and geese; upland game hunting of squirrel, rabbit, and raccoon; and big game hunting of deer and hogs
• Arapaho National Wildlife Refuge (CO) – would allow elk hunting
Crane Meadows National Wildlife Refuge (MN) – would allow deer and turkey hunting
Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge (MN) – would open new areas to migratory bird, upland game, and big game hunting
Northern Tallgrass Prairie National Wildlife Refuge (MN/IA) – would open new areas to migratory bird, upland game, and big game hunting and allow additional species of migratory birds and upland game to be hunted
Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge (MN) – would allow turkey and deer hunting and would open new areas to migratory bird hunting
Currituck National Wildlife Refuge (NC) – would allow deer and hog hunting
Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge (TX) – would open new areas to deer, feral hogs, rabbit, and squirrel hunting
Ouray National Wildlife Refuge (UT) – would allow turkey and elk hunting

Recently, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation, along with the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service and other defendants, won an important court victory protecting hunting on Refuge lands. The case, filed by anti-hunting groups, sought to stop hunting on a number of Refuge
Old 07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
Your way of thinking might not be all the time right.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation, along with the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service and other defendants, won an important court victory protecting hunting on Refuge lands. The case, filed by anti-hunting groups, sought to stop hunting on a number of Refuge
PETA had a big lawsuit on refuges and the legal costs and man hours were ridiculous fighting this lawsuit. Even refuges like Tensas were part of this, kinda hits home. We think these wackos are only out west, but it affects us too. This had nothing to do with Obama (good or bad), he missed court that day for golf
Old 07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Animal rights people like PETA have made it thier life's mission to shut down hunting and fishing. Liberal lawmakers pander to and agree with people like PETA. Liberal lawmakers are in charge of running our country right now, that is why I am sucpicious when things like this happen.