SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Yes I saw it.....its still out of the water on the left side. Right side is Low low.....engine under water and all.....looks like he ran up onto it, so boat is sitting in top........sucks!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Post the pic
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Blue Marlin

Can't on mobile
Old 07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Got pic from THT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310562438.720396.jpg (15.5 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Can't on mobile
nvm....yows that looks bad...THATS A REALLY BIG CAT TOO...

uh oh...seems like on THT they pointing fingers and playing the blame game
Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
nvm....yows that looks bad...THATS A REALLY BIG CAT TOO...

uh oh...seems like on THT they pointing fingers and playing the blame game
Yeah....read some the comments, the non locals can't understand how this obstruction wasn't marked, obviously theyve never been to Venice or anywhere on our coast. This isn't Florida!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Yeah....read some the comments, the non locals can't understand how this obstruction wasn't marked, obviously theyve never been to Venice or anywhere on our coast. This isn't Florida!
same goes for trout and tripletail limit discussions lol
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Wow man that is crazy I hope no one was hurt to bad and everything goes well for him and the customers, hate to say it but this has lawsuit written all over it.
Hope everything works out for the best and all are ok
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Well, that is a wellhead, and although the pic is not very good, it does not appear to be "submerged" to me. A "wellhead" is also known as a "tree" and I can clearly see the tree. Without having access to the tree, valves can not be manipulated by the operators for work on the well. This is also appears to be a normal shallow water well set up, where the tree is protected by some cribbing (timber) and usually has a boat landing. Now, depending on wether it is in state or federal waters determines what aids to navigation are required. If this is in state waters, and the platform is under water from the high river, then that is a whole different issue. If this is in federal waters and the aids to navigation were not working, well, let's just say somebody's gonna have a new boat and a whole lot more!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Well, that is a wellhead, and although the pic is not very good, it does not appear to be "submerged" to me. A "wellhead" is also known as a "tree" and I can clearly see the tree. Without having access to the tree, valves can not be manipulated by the operators for work on the well. This is also appears to be a normal shallow water well set up, where the tree is protected by some cribbing (timber) and usually has a boat landing. Now, depending on wether it is in state or federal waters determines what aids to navigation are required. If this is in state waters, and the platform is under water from the high river, then that is a whole different issue. If this is in federal waters and the aids to navigation were not working, well, let's just say somebody's gonna have a new boat and a whole lot more!!!!
I hope for the latter, for his sake!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Quote:
True!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

was it dark when he hit it???? I dont believe that was in Federal waters...no way could it be in federal waters......That is a state welll 100% no one is that stupid to let that fly in fed waters and it would of have to pass years of inspections ....
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

I dunno if it was in the dark ir not but it was storming and it doesn't look to be submerged in the pic but in 3-4 foot seas and a bad enough rain he might of never saw it...never now this does suck though and I can't say that it's not in state or federal waters...I know for sure east and west bay are full of them sukkas and some are in fed waters....
Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,574

GCC on the THT just may be W...have the same mentality...he knows it all.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Well, no matter the outcome, this is a tradgedy that could have been worse. I personally know Josh and I hope and pray he can bounce back from this quickly. I hope that everyone injured makes a full and speedy recovery!

I went to Josh's website yesterday and sent him a little note letting him know the fishing community of South La is thinking of him and hoping for the best. I hope everything turns out ok for him and his clients!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Well, no matter the outcome, this is a tradgedy that could have been worse. I personally know Josh and I hope and pray he can bounce back from this quickly. I hope that everyone injured makes a full and speedy recovery!

I went to Josh's website yesterday and sent him a little note letting him know the fishing community of South La is thinking of him and hoping for the best. I hope everything turns out ok for him and his clients!

X2....it's truly eye opening that something like this happened to such an experienced captain...makes me wonder how some people who have no business running a 30 + foot boat do it...anything can go wrong on the water and that's always the case no matter who or how seasoned you are...
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Blue Marlin

It wasn't dark. It was 8:30am. It was pouring rain, so I'd venture to guess the seas were kicked up. If so, this wouldn't be very visible, especially in the rain. For the Hull to be in one piece like That, he couldn't have been going very fast
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
It wasn't dark. It was 8:30am. It was pouring rain, so I'd venture to guess the seas were kicked up. If so, this wouldn't be very visible, especially in the rain. For the Hull to be in one piece like That, he couldn't have been going very fast

If the seas were rolling, you think it's possible he came down on it, not necessarily ran into it? Looks like it is resting on top of that corner piling?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Good point, but if he was going that slow, would he have seen it in the trough before he hit?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Good point, but if he was going that slow, would he have seen it in the trough before he hit?

No airbrakes on them boats, and definitely no take backs, unfortunately. As stated, I just hope he and his crew are ok, material things can be replaced, we can't!