SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

QUOTE=Finfeatherfur;295095]Spoken like a true immature male that thinks he knows the law!!!:*****:[/QUOTE]

immature my ***...i know my rights, and if i dont have to consent, like hell i wont. majority of the time people get "caught" with something it's because they consented to a search. if the officer has probable cause or reason of suspicion, get a warrant, or hell , go at it, and search without one. i have nothing to hide, it's just absurd to consent to a search and have something like this happen, or worst.

you sir, cannot speak on this issue, ol' biased azzs

cops have a job, that my taxes pay for, why in the world would i help a cop do his job to try and incriminate me....GTFOH

also, never roll your window all the way down, and never leave the door open or unlock if told to step out. ..

and if you feel things are getting heated or cop is acting hard assed, video the whole thing for your protection...(i'd just ask to speak to a ranking officer, someone with stripes--that usually takes care of things)
----YES WE KNOW HOW COPS ARE WITH HAM SAMWICHES..esp in n.o
PS my best friend is a cop...
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

We desperatly need a popcorn icon. Casey, can you get on this ??
Old 07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Man this is getting ugly
Old 07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Ugly? This is the best thread in a long time!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Tripletail

i know enough of the law to protect my self, and self-incrimination is just ....well.....RahTARDED
Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink View Post
ugly? This is the best thread in a long time!!!
yeah you right dink what was i thinking? Continue on fellas
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856
Default I was wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
Hustler, I am sorry for your friends situation and if it happened the way you say it did, then it is wrong...Period...and the civil process with rectify the situation. There are always two sides to a story then the truth somewhere in the middle.

As far as your quoted comment, allow me to retort....I was not a nerd in school, in fact, I was a little bad azz that knew everything about everything...knew my roadside rights to search and seizure and even told a few cops what was going and not going to happen....THEN, I GREW UP! and like FFF I wanted to do something that made me feel good about making positive changes....THEN....Life showed me that when you are in law enforcement or any other public service...You are damned if you do and damned if you don't....and you starve like a church mouse because of what they pay....So I left that....but what never left me was the respect for them...knowing what they have to deal with day in and day out and work thier guts out just to make ends meet....and are rarely received well by society....Because most people think just like what is on this board...This happened to me so I hate them all...they are ALL crooked....That is why...But no, I didn't take it as disrespect, just fun conversation.
I was wondering if there were any current officers or former officers commenting on this thread, well said Sir. I am a reserve officer and I do the job for FREE as a road deputy, so I don't often comment either way in these types of threads because I am bias....... every situation is different and you just never know what you got, so most officers are on the defense 98% of the time, it's not a bad attitude, just making sure they get home to their families after shift is over!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfreak View Post
I was wondering if there were any current officers or former officers commenting on this thread, well said Sir. I am a reserve officer and I do the job for FREE as a road deputy, so I don't often comment either way in these types of threads because I am bias....... every situation is different and you just never know what you got, so most officers are on the defense 98% of the time, it's not a bad attitude, just making sure they get home to their families after shift is over!
maybe not a bad attitude where you come from but definatly a bad attitude on this side of the state!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Not necessarily the bad attitude that's the problem......its the power trip
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I don't understand what some of y'all are doin to draw so much attention to your selves. I worked on the road all over Louisiana and East Texas 8yrs and on my days off have driven anywhere from Colorado, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and everywhere between and have had my share of tickets but never once have I been asked if I had drank, done drugs or had anything on me or in my truck. I don't understand but maybe some of y'all should stop and question yourself to why a cop feels the need to even ask you.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 699

WOW, dude just needed advice on getting his knife back!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
I don't understand what some of y'all are doin to draw so much attention to your selves. I worked on the road all over Louisiana and East Texas 8yrs and on my days off have driven anywhere from Colorado, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and everywhere between and have had my share of tickets but never once have I been asked if I had drank, done drugs or had anything on me or in my truck. I don't understand but maybe some of y'all should stop and question yourself to why a cop feels the need to even ask you.
As retarded as you look, they knew you weren't capable of hiding anything.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Blue Marlin

1 of the 2 lights that illuminate my license plate was out........he was lookin for anything and everything. Wasn't weaving, speeding.....nuthin
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,350
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
1 of the 2 lights that illuminate my license plate was out........he was lookin for anything and everything. Wasn't weaving, speeding.....nuthin
Cmon Dink, we all know you fit the profile:gr inpimp:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 172

i think if you just follow the law and abide by the rules you have nothing to worry about stop complaining if you broke the law.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J. Rambo View Post
i think if you just follow the law and abide by the rules you have nothing to worry about stop complaining if you broke the law.
That's what I'm thinkin'. I ain't never been "searched".
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Flounder

Cash: 823

i used to get pulled over after night fishing by calc parish and state police all the time for license plate lights and what not. it always occured during hours after midnight. it was probably the fish smell coming out the cab of the truck that prompted them not to search any further and that i appeared to be telling the truth. i'd just get a flashlight shined in my eyes, reminded to get it fixed, and sent on my way. although lcpd would always write out the ticket for that infraction. never did bother me though.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Tripletail

DWC if yall havent done it, then you have no right to comment....

DWC= Driving While Colored

BAM!!!!! holla

yes they do profile, ESPECIALLY in LOUISIANA!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I got searched in my younger days in a bar parking lot by about 5 or 6 undercovers rollin in a tan trailblazer. I just told them where the "stash" was with complete honesty and I didnt go to jail that night.(It didnt help that I was chillin in a big conversion van behind a bar). They said they wouldnt arrest us and thanked us for being honest. Wrote a ticket and told us to go back in the bar for a while before we drove. Honesty is the best thing if you actually DO have something to hide. Start lyin to them and they lay the full force on you.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I got searched in my younger days in a bar parking lot by about 5 or 6 undercovers rollin in a tan trailblazer. I just told them where the "stash" was with complete honesty and I didnt go to jail that night.(It didnt help that I was chillin in a big conversion van behind a bar). They said they wouldnt arrest us and thanked us for being honest. Wrote a ticket and told us to go back in the bar for a while before we drove. Honesty is the best thing if you actually DO have something to hide. Start lyin to them and they lay the full force on you.
They said we were like Cheech and Chong in that van!