SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

LET'S HAVE A CONTEST!!!

Lets see how many videos we can find of stupid fisherman doing things that are dumb, dangerous, unsportsmanlike, etc. Jeez, we can start with 50 Bill Dance videos.
I see there are some on here who are really talented at digging up videos.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Well, I got my slap for the 141 mph incident. Scary part is, I was on interstate with no traffic, going to an officer in distress call in a new Charger and it had more to give. Felt like I was doing 110 which I have done many times before - in the course of duty and pursuits. Another thing that scared me afterwards, was the fact I still had pedal left. Not sure what they will do but will surely have to be cognizant of the fact it will push the envelope. More officers are killed in car crashes than anything else, and I don't want to be one of them. Watching the road, talking on radio, etc, I really don't monitor my speedometer. When they told me how fast the computer had me at my first instinct was "no way"....."I would never drive that fast". I went to my own GPS and sure enough - it was right. Those cars are dangerous simply because they are capable of those speeds!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

But officer I was looking and my computer and messing with my radio. I didn't notice my speed.
" oh your free to go " said no cop ever.
Couldn't pass that one up sorry .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

So your telling me that if I become a cop, I can drive 141mph...

Oh yea, how about that distressed officer, what happened to him?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM
King Mackeral

hawsquatch! - you are a Ducks fan so I will give you the benefit of a doubt. I know you are California LEO, but here in the south, "we don't take one for the team"! If you are willing to get cut for an 86y/o where do you stop. Why not go ahead a take a round from a .22 in the vest? You may be a Superman in Cali, but don't pull that shat down here, you will be terminated and looking for a job.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
So your telling me that if I become a cop, I can drive 141mph...

Oh yea, how about that distressed officer, what happened to him?
What I'm saying is if you are a cop and drive 141, you will get in a ton of crap over it!!!! Just like I did!! I took my lick!

And I cannot discuss the officer issue since the case is still pending. I will tell you people had to take an ambulance ride on this particular call.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

If i was a cop id probably drive alot faster than im supposed to. So i cannot be mad that yall do it. Im am not a cop and ive always Tested and tuned my racecars on the street. Of course im not stupid and dont wanna harm anyone else and ive always done it on streets that i know have no traffic on them. I have done 160mph plus on roads in "MEXICO" . but i no longer own racecars bc i knew eventually i was goin to hurt myself.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
King Mackeral

[QUOTE=Clampy;636827]But officer I was looking and my computer and messing with my radio. I didn't notice my speed.

I understand completely, and wouldn't pass up a chance to gig someone either - I do it all the time, especially when I stop idiots on the road. However, I think we can all agree on my description as to what was taking place and the situation is just a little different than Joe Blow driver going down the road doing 75 in a 55. Don't you agree?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
If i was a cop id probably drive alot faster than im supposed to. So i cannot be mad that yall do it. Im am not a cop and ive always Tested and tuned my racecars on the street. Of course im not stupid and dont wanna harm anyone else and ive always done it on streets that i know have no traffic on them. I have done 160mph plus on roads in "MEXICO" . but i no longer own racecars bc i knew eventually i was goin to hurt myself.
Stock???? What in the world were you driving??? Really freaked my out because for years the old Crown Vics would start to shake and "float" at anything over 115. This Charger literally drove the same at 80 as it did at 140. No difference in performance or "feel" for the road.....at all!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Ling

no my cars were no wheres near stock. Weighed about 1800-2000lbs and made 5x the stock hp
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

When I had my 2010 Camaro 140 was a cake walk. When I had it I was a vouluteer fireman. Responded to a medical call one night in the pouring rain. Once I hit the hwy I poured the gas to that baby. Kinda scared myself when I realised I was doing 127 in the pouring rain. Yeah I slowed down immediatly.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
King Mackeral

Well, as they tell us - speed isn't the problem, stopping is the problem!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Ling

Just like they tell us at work while climbing up high in piperacks and such. The fall doest kill or hurt u! Its that sudden STOP! lol
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Ling

[quote=Finfeatherfur;636833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
But officer I was looking and my computer and messing with my radio. I didn't notice my speed.

I understand completely, and wouldn't pass up a chance to gig someone either - I do it all the time, especially when I stop idiots on the road. However, I think we can all agree on my description as to what was taking place and the situation is just a little different than Joe Blow driver going down the road doing 75 in a 55. Don't you agree?
Defiantly. I'm just playing. I also hold the opinion that since I hold a CDL and considered a professional driver I should be allowed to go at least 10 over.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Stock???? What in the world were you driving??? Really freaked my out because for years the old Crown Vics would start to shake and "float" at anything over 115. This Charger literally drove the same at 80 as it did at 140. No difference in performance or "feel" for the road.....at all!
Exactly why I think the speed limit should be a per car basis. Those limits were set when we were driving junk. Example. If you are in a 1995 Chevy 1/2 ton with bailing wire antenna and showing belts on tires and you get stopped for driving 78 in a 70 then take him to jail. If you are in a 2010 or up anything 80 ( as long as you are it driving crazy ) shouldn't be a issue. I know there are holes in my logic I'm just saying.
" I wanna go fast ! ".

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Well, as they tell us - speed isn't the problem, stopping is the problem!
Very true.lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 AM
King Mackeral

This is my last post on this topic. Please take the time and watch this video completely. When the lay person talks about "restraint" and "why didn't the police just do this or that", think about this man's family. He gave the elderly man some restraint, and it got him killed. Please listen carefully and turn up the volume - you will hear him take his last breaths on the audio. As I stated earlier, it is so easy to come on the SC and post videos about what should have been done. Until you are there, you have NO CLUE!

P.S.- this is video is one of many used in shoot/don't shoot training classes for officers. At the end of the day, I want to go home!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Ling

The problems a cops get shown hundreds of videos like this in training and they get conditioned to think everyone wants them dead. The public gets feed videos of cops beating , shooting and tasering people so it's easy to see why both sides feel the way they do. Cops have to be trained that way and it's 100% understandable by me. When a unstable person gets trained that way is when a dude gets shot 40 times picking up his wallet. To answer the question shoot or no shoot than dude would have got popped before his car door shut.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Sailfish

I view cops with very little trust. I respect them and im polite when I have to deal with them but I do not trust them. My feeling would be different if they had to play by the same rules as everyone else.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Flounder

Cash: 647

Quote:
hawsquatch! - you are a Ducks fan so I will give you the benefit of a doubt. I know you are California LEO, but here in the south, "we don't take one for the team"! If you are willing to get cut for an 86y/o where do you stop. Why not go ahead a take a round from a .22 in the vest? You may be a Superman in Cali, but don't pull that shat down here, you will be terminated and looking for a job.
LOL, Yup I figured I would pull the old Cali style supercop trick and sit back and drink me a cruelty free fair trade vegan latte while reading a copy of the PETA newsletter until granny gets done with her spaz attack and falls asleep. We get all tactical like that up in here.

Here in the west we take one for the team all the time, but the team is the citizens I defend and protect and proudly answer to as their servant. You must play for some other team I haven't heard of.