SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

I dont think this one will even reach the gill net
Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

You asked for opinions and hoped he saw it, well he did and he defended himself being very respectful to you. No major mudslinging at all, just his side of the story. Yall two are the only ones who can work this out, but if you killed 400 birds out of your blind just how bad is he messing you up. I know alot of guys who won't kill 400 birds out of their blinds in 5 - 10 yrs. Some places just don't have the birds or guys don't have the time to hunt. Oh well good luck to both of you.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

cajun you killed 400 birds chill out he said he is not going to get in next year so let it be you won. now you can get the blind for your self to make sure it is hunted the way you want it to be hunted next season
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Frankly, the man paid for a lease. If he chooses to shoot black birds and crows that is his business on his lease. It is really none of your business. You hunt your blind the way you see fit and he will hunt his the way he chooses to hunt. It is neither of your fault that the blinds are too close.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
As for our neighbor to the South no hard feelings, in the future make it a point to voice your opinions privately or to the persons you have a problem with. Discussing problems in an open forum does nothing to resolve the issue.

I had several discussions with Duckenticer about the issues I had and each time he said he understood. I still have several texts and a voice message from him concerning those conversations. We had 0 problems with the guys that hunted that blind last year and the only issue that we have had this year is the lack of respect from fellow hunters while trying to work birds. Ideally, the blinds would be further apart. I have an older gentleman that is hunting 250yds to my left and has been there almost every day that I have and we have had 0 problems because he returns the respect that we show him. Shooting blackbirds, crows, etc. is an issue when someone else is trying to work birds. I am very sorry that Duckenticer feels "cheated" but he is the one that has created the problem and I only posted here after several attempts to discuss things with him "one on one". I can't imagine doing the things that duckenticer has done this year, much less after someone talked to me several times regarding my actions. Also, I can tell you that we do not "skyblast" birds from my blind and this is just another attempt by duckenticer to discredit me in light of the accusations made toward him. I will tell you that I only posted on here to "get his attention" in hopes that he would see this and stop his kidlike hunting behavior as I threatened to expose him to everyone. So his only defense has been to come out and attack me and try to discredit everything I have said. My only advice is that he should evaluate his hunting skills and ethics infront of someone else other than me. I was informed by the hunter prior to Christmas to video his actions as proof of what he is doing in the blind. If I do get any incriminating footage I will post it here........[/QUOTE]

If we happened to shoot at crows, blackbirds while your group was working birds I am sorry, it was not intentional. As far as incriminating footage, go ahead and do whatever you feel like you need to. We did try at some far geese and I admit it. Also doug, I don't feel "cheated". Like I said before I posted this for two reasons.

1. To alert other hunters to the problematic situation they might be stepping into.

2. To defend the accusation that I shot at your hunters. I did not, because I did not have a phone. Please remove this accusation, it is completely untrue. Please acknowledge this.

Again, I have no ill feeling toward you Doug. I will not be upset by this situation. Like some of the other posters said, it is just nice to get to see a sunrise and enjoy it with friends. Killing is a bonus.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Duckenticer--If you were not firing at our blind I sincerely apologize for the accusation. However, the coincidence of your firing 3 succesive shots in our direction at one crippled blackbird after a text message was sent to you could easily be misinterpreted. I would like you to set the record straight as to me shooting at birds high as you know we have passed on many "marginal" shots in order to get a close shot and in some cases those birds left with us never getting to shoot. Also, as to the speck calling incident--the speck was south of my blind cupped over my decoys with you calling the entire time and we DID kill it and I did send you a text requesting you not to call at birds I was working because we had refrained from calling at those you were working.

Also, I would like everyone to understand that we DO NOT hold birds in our field-we don't run birds out on the way to the blind. That being said, we are not killing birds that are returning or "want to be in this spot". All of our birds are coming because we make them come--and whether its calling, decoys spread or camo everyone there has the same opportunity as us. Maybe we are just better at convincing the birds to come to us - maybe its the calling, maybe its the decoys, and maybe-just maybe letting the birds get close enough to kill multiple birds out of each group adds up. Just a thought.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142
Default here ya go guys

duck.jpg

ducks.jpeg
Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

First, let me say Dougs pond doesn't "hold birds". Decoys, calling, and cover makes for better kills.

Next, I was hunting the day of the front when you were "shooting at" those snows. Those were some ridiculous shots. I was the one Calling that day. Nobody else in the blind felt confident enough. I can assure you NO high shots were taken. Should I have taken a couple? Yes. That was miss opportunitys at birds. But I like to work the birds as close as possible especially with a younger kid in the blind.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
First, let me say Dougs pond doesn't "hold birds". Decoys, calling, and cover makes for better kills.

Next, I was hunting the day of the front when you were "shooting at" those snows. Those were some ridiculous shots. I was the one Calling that day. Nobody else in the blind felt confident enough. I can assure you NO high shots were taken. Should I have taken a couple? Yes. That was miss opportunitys at birds. But I like to work the birds as close as possible especially with a younger kid in the blind.
Fool, you are one class act!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104

Lmao this is ridicoulous. Quit wasting band width. Meet somewhere and beat the crap outta eachother and video that and post it here. Cause thus he said she said crap is for the birds. Lol. Sound like to eight year olds
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman444 View Post
Lmao this is ridicoulous. Quit wasting band width. Meet somewhere and beat the crap outta eachother and video that and post it here. Cause thus he said she said crap is for the birds. Lol. Sound like to eight year olds
What that guy said. Lol. Let's get it on.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
What that guy said. Lol. Let's get it on.

LOL!!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

In my opinion, shooting blackbirds in an area with close blinds is not a way to make friends. If it was ducks, no problems. That's what you went hunting for. The first ducks to a blind get shot at. If your ducks come in too late, you just have to take it. Hunting that close, it will happen.

Second, if someone called me or texted me while I am hunting, the phone will get turned off. I don't pay attention to the phone when hunting. I don't normally bring it with me if I were hunting, unless I was hunting alone. Just for emergency calls only.
If it is a slow day, just answering the phone or the ringing can screw up a hunt.
You have to piss but you don't have to answer the phone.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

$4600 and blinds 450 yards away is junk IMO....would have passed on that situ....sounds like ya'll fight'n over the same birds....jus my 2 cents....good luck wit ya'lls problem fellas!!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 794

I've read all this, and think I have figured out who the real *** is. Cajunsorc, you are the winner. I am always suspicious of a hunter who says he "works" birds to within 15 yards. Much of your *****ing seems to be an effort to brag about what a great hunter you are. I wouldn't want to hunt a blind, that before I shoot, I would need to peep up to make sure no birds were circling the next blind over.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
I've read all this, and think I have figured out who the real *** is. Cajunsorc, you are the winner. I am always suspicious of a hunter who says he "works" birds to within 15 yards. Much of your *****ing seems to be an effort to brag about what a great hunter you are. I wouldn't want to hunt a blind, that before I shoot, I would need to peep up to make sure no birds were circling the next blind over.

X2
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Blue Marlin

SAW THIS ON THE THREAD ABOUT GETTING ON A NEW LEASE AND HAD TO JACK IT AND PUT IT ON HERE. LMAO!!!

You should take up duck hunting instead. I hear there is a good lease coming up next year that is way away from any other blind (450 yards)

You will be fine as long as you don't call at all, don't ever go, don't shoot at geese or ducks, and never ever shoot to the north
Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000
Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

The one time I have hunted this blind, duck enticer was acting completely idiotic and shooting way to high. So seeing that makes me believe it all.

P.s. I like to work the birds as close as possible. I like a challenge and convincing big groups to cup into a tight spot is my shizz. And on top of that the morning I hunted that hole I had a 11 year old in the blind, so that gave another motive to work the birds a little closer.

Just my .2
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
The one time I have hunted this blind, duck enticer was acting completely idiotic and shooting way to high. So seeing that makes me believe it all.

P.s. I like to work the birds as close as possible. I like a challenge and convincing big groups to cup into a tight spot is my shizz. And on top of that the morning I hunted that hole I had a 11 year old in the blind, so that gave another motive to work the birds a little closer.

Just my .2

That's all well and good. But the man paid for a lease and if he chooses to skybust or pass shoot it really is no one's business. He paid, it's his!
Closed Thread