SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
That's all well and good. But the man paid for a lease and if he chooses to skybust or pass shoot it really is no one's business. He paid, it's his!
x2...I do not like to sky bust....but maybe they should not lease blinds that are so close.....its all about how much money the landowner can get.....period

last year I was on a good rice field lease that had four blinds....really should of only been 2 but like most landowners or people that may lease or sub lease a blind, it is all about the money,,,,,well the guy who ran the farm did not like when others hunted unless he happen to hunt that day. He wanted you to pay 5 k and hunt 1 or 2 times a week like a Dr buddy of his who was leaseing one of the blinds on the farm....he basically told the landowner we would shoot early or late and all kinds of other crap. Well we lost the lease but I found a good one for this year. Best part was he got run off by the landowner before the start of the season...not sure why.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

I'm sorry, letme explain how the sky busting affects it as far as geese... When he sky busts into a big group of geese, the group that was constantly dropping and heading towards the blind, when shot at breaks up and heads a completely different direction.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Time to eat my "crow"...no pun intended. How does the farmer come out smelling like a rose after setting up the blinds like this. Hope both of you work it out and thanks for comming forward to defend. Always two sides to a story and i stuck my foot in my mouth before hearing the other......sorry again.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I'm sorry, letme explain how the sky busting affects it as far as geese... When he sky busts into a big group of geese, the group that was constantly dropping and heading towards the blind, when shot at breaks up and heads a completely different direction.
I understand the affects of skybusting. Believe me, I do. I hunt the refuges. But you need to understand that it is not the fault of either party that the blinds are too close to each other. You have to understand that he paid for a lease. It's his lease. I can assure you, no one will dictate my actions on MY lease that I paid for.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I guarantee that there isnt one person on this site that can truthfully say "I never sky bust". Not one person. Everyone does it out of necessity sometimes. If its a slow day and nothing wants to work, and all you get is one or two groups of snows flying over.....you are going to shoot, period. As yall know we have had a terrible season this year, and sometimes the only shot we get is at a group of snow on the pass. Oh well, coming up empty handed sucks when you pay that much money.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake chuck duck View Post
i guarantee that there isnt one person on this site that can truthfully say "i never sky bust". Not one person. Everyone does it out of necessity sometimes. If its a slow day and nothing wants to work, and all you get is one or two groups of snows flying over.....you are going to shoot, period. As yall know we have had a terrible season this year, and sometimes the only shot we get is at a group of snow on the pass. Oh well, coming up empty handed sucks when you pay that much money.

x2 everybody sky bust sometimes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
I understand the affects of skybusting. Believe me, I do. I hunt the refuges. But you need to understand that it is not the fault of either party that the blinds are too close to each other. You have to understand that he paid for a lease. It's his lease. I can assure you, no one will dictate my actions on MY lease that I paid for.
Look guys. I'm not asking this guy not to shoot at birds. Im asking that he not skyblast or shoot crows or shoot blackbirds while we have birds working our spread as I wouldn't do that to him.

I guess it would be like catching 2-4lb trout under the birds and this guy coming into them on plane and shutting down right in the middle of where you are catching em. And then you find another school and he does it again......and again......and again. Its public water and he as just as much right to do that as you do to sit there and catch em.

The first time he did it most people would be ready to jump in the boat and kick his a$$. How many of you would politely ask him to stop as I did not just the first time he did it but several times.

Its just common courtesy and sportsmanship that seem to be missing from so many people's vocabulary these days and with 2 young boys in the blind with me that I'm trying to show the "right" way to do things, its frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
I've read all this, and think I have figured out who the real *** is. Cajunsorc, you are the winner. I am always suspicious of a hunter who says he "works" birds to within 15 yards. Much of your *****ing seems to be an effort to brag about what a great hunter you are. I wouldn't want to hunt a blind, that before I shoot, I would need to peep up to make sure no birds were circling the next blind over.
And as far as me bragging about me being a great hunter.....................That IS what this is ALL about as you can see all of my hunting pictures and posts about our great hunts posted here on this site in hunting reports. OH YEAH--I LOVE to brag soooo much that I didn't post any!!!!!

He knew where the blinds were BEFORE he paid for the lease and we had several lengthy phone conversations prior to him leasing the blind. I have learned a valuable lesson and would like to thank everyone for their opinions. Sorry, if I ruffled anyones feathers.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

How hard is it to move a blind ?? Can it be done after duck season so all this childish bull crap would stop ?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
How hard is it to move a blind ?? Can it be done after duck season so all this childish bull crap would stop ?
I will probably lease the blind next year and use if for a dry field goose blind. Problem solved.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
I will probably lease the blind next year and use if for a dry field goose blind. Problem solved.
Kinda sounds like thats what you wanted all along. Just my $0.02
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Kinda sounds like thats what you wanted all along. Just my $0.02

Nope. I could have leased it this year. Its hard to pony up $4500 for only 2 or 3 hunts a year.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Blue Marlin

I mean i have guys hunting to the west of me that sky blast all the time. Hell even we do it on slow mornings. Even though it pisses me off when i got a group of birds working and they shoot at high ones passing nothing i can do about it period! It's there blind they can hunt how they want to.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Even if you had birds working your blind, but he was steady killing birds sitting in his decoys (as in not sky busting) making your birds flare.......would you still be irritated? Probably so.

Point being, its a known fact that it screws you up when others shoot, sky bust or not. Thats hunting 101. Matter a fact if you are the one with the "duckier blind", put yourself in his shoes. Think how much you shoot compared to him. Could you be screwing him up just as much? Think about it...

Keep in mind no one really knows the truth except yall 2. We are all just a bunch of Judge Judy's, you both got a chance to speak and now we tell you who is wrong. (really just killing time at work lol )
Old 01-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake chuck duck View Post
even if you had birds working your blind, but he was steady killing birds sitting in his decoys (as in not sky busting) making your birds flare.......would you still be irritated? Probably so.

Point being, its a known fact that it screws you up when others shoot, sky bust or not. Thats hunting 101. Matter a fact if you are the one with the "duckier blind", put yourself in his shoes. Think how much you shoot compared to him. Could you be screwing him up just as much? Think about it...

Keep in mind no one really knows the truth except yall 2. We are all just a bunch of judge judy's, you both got a chance to speak and now we tell you who is wrong. (really just killing time at work lol )

x2 good point LCD
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Even if you had birds working your blind, but he was steady killing birds sitting in his decoys (as in not sky busting) making your birds flare.......would you still be irritated? Probably so.
That's what I was thinking. Does a guns muzzle blast sound different to ducks when you sky bust as compared to decoying ducks making them flair more? LOL!!

If the sounds of gunshots are messing up your hunt's then you either have to deal with it or go buy yourself 10,000 acres somewhere and put yourself one blind smack in the middle so you can have peace and queit!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
That's what I was thinking. Does a guns muzzle blast sound different to ducks when you sky bust as compared to decoying ducks making them flair more? LOL!!

If the sounds of gunshots are messing up your hunt's then you either have to deal with it or go buy yourself 10,000 acres somewhere and put yourself one blind smack in the middle so you can have peace and queit!!
agreed!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Red Snapper

I would think that anytime "Sky bustin" would screw you up is if you were sitting the same blind. You have shot plent enough birds so far. Its one thing to take your hunting seriously, but once you start worrying about what everyone else is doing, it tuns into a different story. Next season you will have your duck blind and your goose blind back. Sounds like you win.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Now both sides story has been spoken.... I know if I dropped $4,500.00 on a blind and I wanted to hunt in a pink dress and shoot my decoys that is my business. Not that I agree with sky busting but I can say we have all done it at some point. Even Phil Robertson had to learn how to hunt at some point, he wasn't born with a beard and face paint.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
I would think that anytime "Sky bustin" would screw you up is if you were sitting the same blind. You have shot plent enough birds so far. Its one thing to take your hunting seriously, but once you start worrying about what everyone else is doing, it tuns into a different story. Next season you will have your duck blind and your goose blind back. Sounds like you win.
Your first statement is wrong. Sky busting educates birds. When you sky bust, how many birds are you killing out of a group? None! Maybe 1. Now the whole group has seen what a blind looks like and since this happens several times a morning, they learn a lot. I think what Cajunsorc is trying to get across is being misinterpreted. Does a muzzle blast from 15 yards teach a bird just as much as a blast from 100 yards? Absolutely! But when your smoking 6 or 7 birds a flock, ain't many left to remember you so which is more efficient? I didn't learn how to work birds by shooting as soon as I could kill them, I learned by missing out on some birds a lot of days. A lot of people get caught up in wanting to "kill" more than "hunt". I was lucky enough to have someone teach me the right way to do things
Old 01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Red Snapper

Not denying any of that at all. Just saying that when it comes down to it, it aint illegal is it? Point being, he paid his dues, worry about you not the other guy. Especially if you have taken more birds than most other guys this season already. If obviously aint messin you up that bad.
Closed Thread