SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,520

That's fantastic news Corey and JDM!

Thank ya'll for taking the lead on this project.

EVO

Last edited by PaulMyers; 12-19-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,350

Great job Corey and JDM and everyone else who helped out on this project.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Thanks to everyone who helped with this. My mom met up with the Braquet's and got the clothes for the West Side family. I'm offshore so my mom will be handling paying the utility bill and going get a gift certificate at local meat market. She also donated a $100 fuel card. Big thanks to Mom!!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

I know it is not possible but it would be great to see these folks recieving our contributions. Guess that idea is a little self serving but seeing the joy on folks faces is a priceless picture.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I know it is not possible but it would be great to see these folks recieving our contributions. Guess that idea is a little self serving but seeing the joy on folks faces is a priceless picture.
The west side family will not be witnessed by anyone here, from my understanding. Eman, Mrs. Eman and, I will be delivering the east side family's gifts. Really, I'm torn on the deal as to whether or not I want to be there but, I don't think they'll let anyone on the property that they don't know. It will be neat to see the expression of the kids but, Mom and Dad, I'm not sure. I hate to sound like a softy but, if one of em cries, I'm not sure I won't myself.

The above being said, I will give a full report on how it goes on delivery day! However, although the question has come up before, there will not be any pictures taken by us. I did get two disposable cameras for the family so they can take pics if they want. When they are done with them and, if they want to give me copies that they don't mind being published, I'll sure put em up!!!

Again, thanks everyone for your participation in this great event! This type of stuff makes me very proud and humble all at the same time. God Bless you all!

Last edited by southern151; 12-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,565

Great work, guys!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

It will be neat to see the expression of the kids but, Mom and Dad, I'm not sure. I hate to sound like a softy but, if one of em cries, I'm not sure I won't myself.
That makes 2 of us!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Red Snapper

Looks like I may be stuck offshore but my mom will be taking care of the utility bill for the west side family today. She also will be picking up the food for the Christmas dinner that was donated and headed to slaughter house/meat market to get gift certificates. Best part is she just joined up on here. -Mommy2jcj-
Thanks Frances, aka Mom:-)
Old 12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Looks like I may be stuck offshore but my mom will be taking care of the utility bill for the west side family today. She also will be picking up the food for the Christmas dinner that was donated and headed to slaughter house/meat market to get gift certificates. Best part is she just joined up on here. -Mommy2jcj-
Thanks Frances, aka Mom:-)
Nice, thanks mom!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Huge and humbling success today! I'll do a better write up tonight after church or tomorrow morning.

God Bless you all for helping with this! We really surprised the heck out of a wonderful family today and, as he said, restored some faith in people by this!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cool Corey
Old 12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

That's fantastic Corey!

I can't wait to hear the rest of what you have to tell us.

EVO
Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Swordfish

I think i received the best Christmas present ever this afternoon.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I think i received the best Christmas present ever this afternoon.
Inquiring Minds want to know the details.
Cough it up eman!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Swordfish

I will let Corey give the details. But i will say that i don't think there was a dry eye at the house.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Blue Marlin

I don't know where to begin...

When we got there, they were just getting home. As I got out, the boys and Dad came to greet me. I asked Dad, "You guys got plans for a Christmas dinner?" He said, "We don't have anything." I said, "Good, we're at the right place because, we have an awesome meal for you guys tonight!" There was a bit of an awkward silence until the boys started helping unload the truck and we broke out Bob's cooler that was slap LOADED with all the best grub. Mom and Dad kinda stood there taking it all in. At that point, Dad grinned and said a very sincere thank you and that he sure was glad that there were still people in this world like us.

We got dinner unloaded and kinda BS'd for a minute and then I told him that a meal wasn't all we brought, you could hear a pin drop. When I opened the doors on my truck, it was stacked with all sorts of wrapped boxes and stockings! Mom and Dad stood in amazement/disbelief. He kept saying that we didn't have to do this and Eman simply replied that we knew we didn't have to but, this is what we(all of us @ SC) wanted to do.

Around that time, Dad broke down and told of us of how bad this year had been for them. He was crippled in an accident, his mom had died, the wife's dad had died and now, his dad is dying. He explained with tears streaming down his face how, this was the first time that he'd never been able to help his own family. He wasn't sure what to do or how to do it. I'll be real honest here and say that my eyes were watered up pretty bad at that point.

We hugged and the boys were steady digging through their new stuff! Man, they were loving their new fishing rods!(Thanks for reminding me that they were back there, Eman!) He wanted to know how to get ahold of all the great people that helped put this together. When we explained who the group was, he admitted that they don't even have cable tv, let alone, own a computer. I told them that I would let you guys know. He asked that God Bless you all and, if anyway ever possible he could help any of us, he'll be right there!

Mr. and Mrs. Eman left and I was about to when one of the boys came running out to his momma. He showed her something and she sighed and broke down crying. The boy came and said, "Mr. Corey, thank you guys for the $125 gift card to Old Navy." I smiled and said, "You're welcome, young man." I told him that there's better cards in there for him than that one so, off he RUNS!!! Mom said, "I can't believe you got my kids a $125 gift card," with tears streaming down her face. I said, "We didn't get THEM a $125 gift, we got them each one." She cried more and, at that point, so did I.

I knew I had to go and I wanted Mom and Dad to have some time to take all of this in and enjoy their time with their kids so, I wished them well and a very Merry Christmas.

One thing he said to us today, which made me feel like a million bucks was, "I can't believe there's people out there like you guys...I just can't believe it!" He also said, "I hope God blesses you guys for what you've done for us!" I simply replied, "He already has."

Thank you all so much for your help in this! Thanks, Eman for an awesome meal! Thanks Chicken for letting us do this! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
I am a different person for what I experienced today!

God Bless you all!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post

God Bless you all!
He already has Corey.

A big thanks to you, Eman and everyone else involved.!

EVO
Old 12-24-2011, 09:19 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
He already has Corey.

A big thanks to you, Eman and everyone else involved.!

EVO
X 2.... Mission Accomplished. Count your blessings!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
X 2.... Mission Accomplished. Count your blessings!!!!

And times 3.

Merry Christmas Everyone
Old 12-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Swordfish

I have to add that the Dad kept saying that he didn't know why we were doing this and didn't know how to thank us . I told him we did it because we knew they could use a lil help this year .Corey told him the only thanks we needed was when he got his family back on there feet was to PAY IT FORWARD.
I really think that won't be a problem.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY SALTY CAJUN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!
The wife and i had our Christmas yesterday standing in that front yard !!!!