SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
You don't understand Executive Orders.

Executive Orders must still be lawful. An Executive Order will not be used to discriminate against an entire group of people based on their religion. Even if it's attempted, it will be challenged and it will fail. This is not a dictatorship.

Try again.
Discrimination laws are for U.S. Citizens, stopping Muslim immigration until we figure this out as Trump says is about National Security. So if all the ISIL terrorists that are Muslim had red dots on their forehead, we'd have to let them in according to you, or we'd be discriminating against the "red dot" Muslims.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

I'll ask again

Do you lock your doors at night or when you go to work? 99% people aren't thrives, but yet we all do we all lock our homes and cars up to prevent that 1% that are from breaking in

We need to lock our "Home sweat home" up
Old 03-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
Discrimination laws are for U.S. Citizens, stopping Muslim immigration until we figure this out as Trump says is about National Security. So if all the ISIL terrorists that are Muslim had red dots on their forehead, we'd have to let them in according to you, or we'd be discriminating against the "red dot" Muslims.
So, you've conceded stopping Muslims from traveling, particularly American Muslims, is not going to happen?

That's progress.

Now, about this silly immigration argument. People intending to bomb a country don't need to immigrate there. They can be a tourist, temporary worker, student or any other "legitimate" visitor. A citizen. If you really think all bombers are immigrants, you're incredibly naive.

The bottom line is stopping immigration until Donald Trump "figures this out" (a laughable idea) is not going to do anything to stop the threat of terror in the US.

Terrorists are not as simple as some of you are. If you stop immigration, they'll just find another way.

Immigration is not the problem. The terrorist themselves are the problem and that's what we need to focus on stopping. Terrorists. Not the immigration of all Muslims.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Redfish

Quote:
So, you've conceded stopping Muslims from traveling, particularly American Muslims, is not going to happen?

That's progress.

Now, about this silly immigration argument. People intending to bomb a country don't need to immigrate there. They can be a tourist, temporary worker, student or any other "legitimate" visitor. A citizen. If you really think all bombers are immigrants, you're incredibly naive.

The bottom line is stopping immigration until Donald Trump "figures this out" (a laughable idea) is not going to do anything to stop the threat of terror in the US.

Terrorists are not as simple as some of you are. If you stop immigration, they'll just find another way.

Immigration is not the problem. The terrorist themselves are the problem and that's what we need to focus on stopping. Terrorists. Not the immigration of all Muslims.
Your simple mind was the one trying to apply US discrimination laws to those trying to immigrate here, always holler discrimination. Sounds like you're the one that's naive
Old 03-23-2016, 06:48 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

When you find out the water coming out of you faucet has poison in it you don't keep drinking it you shut off the faucet and don't drink it until the poison is removed........
Old 03-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Your simple mind was the one trying to apply US discrimination laws to those trying to immigrate here, always holler discrimination. Sounds like you're the one that's naive
Wasn't referring to immigration at that point. Not surprised you couldn't make the distinction.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
When you find out the water coming out of you faucet has poison in it you don't keep drinking it you shut off the faucet and don't drink it until the poison is removed........
Seriously, Berkey Water Filters are a wonderful thing. You should check them out. Maybe get one for your family.

Just filter the water, man. That's been my point all along.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

But FYI

Trump 2016
Hell with Muslims
Build a wall
Let's kicks ISIS *** !!

Make America Great again
Old 03-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Seriously, Berkey Water Filters are a wonderful thing. You should check them out. Maybe get one for your family.

So you want to install a filter while Trump want's to build a dam. How does your filter disseminate between good & bad particles?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

So just keep drinking the water till you can get a filter??

No you have to identify what poison it is, how bad it is, call the correct specilist, find out the correct filter, get the filter and run it until you are posion free.
Until then STOP DRINKING THE WATER!! Until you know it's safe

Last edited by marty f; 03-23-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Redfish

Quote:
So just keep drinking the water till you can get a filter?? No STOP DRINKING THE WATER!!
Nah. We already have a filter. Keep filtering. Replace the filters we have with better filters.

Water is part of life, dude. Just filter out the contaminants and keep it moving. Cutting all water out of your life doesn't solve the problem.

Again, the problem isn't the water. It's the contaminants. Removing contaminants is a solution. Shutting off water is a stop-gap measure, but it doesn't really solve the problem. After you shut off the water, you're still going to have to remove the contaminants. See the difference?

Thanks for this analogy, by the way. Explains my position perfectly.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Y'all got me thirsty now.

Bernie is pretty much out of the equation now so my slogan is "Anybody but Hillary 2016".
Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Nah. We already have a filter. Keep filtering. Replace the filters we have with better filters.
When it's comes to life or death if you need a " better " filter then the one you have isn't good enough. Stop bringing in contaminated water until it's safe, in a world that one drink can kill you instantly are you willing to take a drink, knowing you need a better filter? You can live with out water for 4 or 5 days. Hence the urgency to fix this she it NOW
Old 03-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Redfish

Oh, yeah ... that Berkey Water Filter ... outstanding. It can filter pond water, creek water, rain water collected from your roof, even municipal water ... giving you fresh, clean water to drink.

I wish we had one after Katrina. We have a pond behind the house. With a Berkey Water Filter, having clean drinking water would have been one less worry.

They have portable and travel sizes too. You all should really check them out.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Redfish

Quote:
When it's comes to life or death if you need a " better " filter then the one you have isn't good enough. Stop bringing in contaminated water until it's safe, in a world that one drink can kill you instantly are you willing to take a drink, knowing you need a better filter? You can live with out water for 4 or 5 days. Hence the urgency to fix this she it NOW
I believe in continuous improvement. Don't believe in sitting on laurels. Getting complacent.

Wanting a better filter does not mean the one we have is not working as well as it can.

Water filtration systems need filters replaced on a regular basis. That's part of the process. If new and better technology comes along, might as well take advantage of it.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Redfish

Quote:
So you want to install a filter while Trump want's to build a dam. How does your filter disseminate between good & bad particles?
Dams don't clean water. They just hold water back, they don't make sure water is safe to drink.

You're trying too hard to defend a defenseless position.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Dams don't clean water. They just hold water back, they don't make sure water is safe to drink.

You're trying too hard to defend a defenseless position.
Your position on trying to equate US discrimination laws which are in place for US citizens only, (which are Great laws, I might add). To try to holler discrimination when referring to immigration policy, undermines your credibility, which my friend puts YOU in a defenseless position!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Get on board the Trump Train
Or get ran over

Chooooo Chooooo
Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Your position on trying to equate US discrimination laws which are in place for US citizens only, (which are Great laws, I might add). To try to holler discrimination when referring to immigration policy, undermines your credibility, which my friend puts YOU in a defenseless position!
It's interesting that out of all the things I said today, you're hung up on discrimination.

Whether I was right or wrong, that's very telling.

You totally missed my point. However, there's no reason to try to explain it to you because your mind is closed to everything except your narrow point of view.

Talking to you is like trying to explain baseball to a chicken. You might understand a cluck, but that's it.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Redfish

Quote:
It's interesting that out of all the things I said today, you're hung up on discrimination.

Whether I was right or wrong, that's very telling.

You totally missed my point. However, there's no reason to try to explain it to you because your mind is closed to everything except your narrow point of view.

Talking to you is like trying to explain baseball to a chicken. You might understand a cluck, but that's it.
No, I'm not hung up on discrimination, YOU brought that up, which coincides to YOUR narrow point of view! Which doesn't even apply here! That's very telling!

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-23-2016 at 11:09 PM.