SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
I have not fished live in quite a while, close as I get is gulp shrimp.

I tore up the Reds this year, only found a few trout so far, a mere 50 with the wife two weeks ago, and hope to continue to get after them soon...

The boat was a mess, so needed a good cleaning. A well waxed boat is so much easier to clean, and now keep a brush on board to get the slime out before it sun dries, while on the water.

I have been looking but not real hard for some mullet, like that for catfish bait, want to run some jugs later this fall in the ICW, see what happens.

Like your idea on the live mullet, they are much easier to handle.
I have found a few trout in the bay but not as good as last Sept/Oct. Bigger fish this year though. I have caught more flounder than reds since the shrimp started moving. I can't say I have been harassing them that hard though. The reds aren't holding up in their usual spots. The sharks got back in one of my holes and occupied it all summer. Caught a few bulls on marsh island and a few others here and there.

I hear tell that little whole bream or cut bream is the be all end all jug line bait. But I believe its illegal to use though which I have never really understood. But if you want Mullet, they are fairly easy to find around ICY, especially if the tide is high. Check the Shallow Bayou weir in the Fearman area. It always seems to have more than the other two as long as the waters moving. If you don't mind getting your cast net dirty you don't have to go that far. There's a dead end cut on the West side of the 4 mile that fills up on a rising tide. If its falling head down the old Vermilion River. They pile up in the curves and mouths of any cut or canal that branches off from it. If you are around FWC there are always a few right around the ice house at high tide. You don't have to look too hard around there. But you will play hell keeping your boat clean. I have a live well on my front deck as well as a wash down pump so I don't really worry about it.

I never fish live bait but my dad and brothers do so I know where to catch them. My cast net is in a glass case that reads break in an emergency. The bay looked like a big cup of cappuccino, when I saw the froth I didn't really have a choice.

My dad got all excited when he saw me getting the fish out of the boat, but when I told him I caught them on live mullet he was got giddy. After he gave me crap for 20 min about having to use live, he informed me that I am taking him this after noon so I am going to see if I can get on them again.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 430

I see a lot of prop/skeg work from those pics fishfighhter.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Good luck, hope you get them today, I spend most of my time east side, many times I go out and only see one or two boat and I really like that. Once I have learned the area things are starting to work out well.

Now you making me think to take day off tomorrow and give it a shot.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I have found a few trout in the bay but not as good as last Sept/Oct. Bigger fish this year though. I have caught more flounder than reds since the shrimp started moving. I can't say I have been harassing them that hard though. The reds aren't holding up in their usual spots. The sharks got back in one of my holes and occupied it all summer. Caught a few bulls on marsh island and a few others here and there.

I hear tell that little whole bream or cut bream is the be all end all jug line bait. But I believe its illegal to use though which I have never really understood. But if you want Mullet, they are fairly easy to find around ICY, especially if the tide is high. Check the Shallow Bayou weir in the Fearman area. It always seems to have more than the other two as long as the waters moving. If you don't mind getting your cast net dirty you don't have to go that far. There's a dead end cut on the West side of the 4 mile that fills up on a rising tide. If its falling head down the old Vermilion River. They pile up in the curves and mouths of any cut or canal that branches off from it. If you are around FWC there are always a few right around the ice house at high tide. You don't have to look too hard around there. But you will play hell keeping your boat clean. I have a live well on my front deck as well as a wash down pump so I don't really worry about it.

I never fish live bait but my dad and brothers do so I know where to catch them. My cast net is in a glass case that reads break in an emergency. The bay looked like a big cup of cappuccino, when I saw the froth I didn't really have a choice.

My dad got all excited when he saw me getting the fish out of the boat, but when I told him I caught them on live mullet he was got giddy. After he gave me crap for 20 min about having to use live, he informed me that I am taking him this after noon so I am going to see if I can get on them again.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Great job Marque! Even if it was on live bait... I have been seeing the same with the reds, glad to know its not just me.

Storm Surges usually push Salty water into the bay. I bet we see fishing pick up as soon as the bay starts to clear up.

I cant get back out until Nov 5th so leave some fish for me.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 758

9:30 this morn, Oct 29th, drove to Cypromort and tide was back to normal, about 50 empty boat trailers were at the landing but could not see a single boat from the state park. Don't have any idea where the boats were. Only 2 kayaks were in The Cove and the water was dirty. Save your gas until the water clears.