SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194
Default Fired with Cancer

https://www.yahoo.com/health/lay-off...308014352.html
Old 09-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Freaken sad but this kind of crap happens everyday !! I know of a case not of cancer but of an off the work accident that was not of the employers fault . Out of work over a year and lost his position with company and had to rehire and a dramatic pay cut.

No loyalty in the work places anymore ! It's all about profit margins and cuts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (111.8 KB, 583 views)
Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Man I want to believe so bad that this is a made up story by a disgruntled employee. How can anybody do that to a person at the worst time in their life? This speaks volumes to the direction this world is headed.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Happened to a friend and co worker of my wife here locally. The kicker is they are both RN's on an Oncology unit!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

read the whole story. the guy was trying to help her draw her unemployment.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth move View Post
read the whole story. the guy was trying to help her draw her unemployment.
Unemployment pays less than Disability and with long term disability she would of been covered by insurance but by laying off now she has to pay Cobra

No loyalty in the work place anymore god forbid you get sick
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Unemployment pays less than Disability and with long term disability she would of been covered by insurance but by laying off now she has to pay Cobra

Yep doctor didn't want his insurance cost to go up
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

a couple months ago they laid off our most dedicated employee who practicly built the company. he got cancer and was off for a while.
when he was ready to come back they laid him off and hired a guy to replace him.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

And btw only a coward send a letter

If you going to fire me do it In my face that way I have a choice to make also

Whip your aZZ or walk away quite !!

But do it like a man
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
And btw only a coward send a letter

If you going to fire me do it In my face that way I have a choice to make also

Whip your aZZ or walk away quite !!

But do it like a man
I agree with you on this one..... Don't send a letter and don't have your "suck azz" do your dirty work.

Be a responsible business owner. Lead by example.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I agree with you on this one..... Don't send a letter and don't have your "suck azz" do your dirty work.

Be a responsible business owner. Lead by example.
That's a trait that's quickly disappearing. People spend more time communicating through text, twitter, Facebook, etc that they plain forgot how to talk to people. Now you have bosses who fire through email and employees who walk off a job or leave their key in the desk with no notice. How hard is it to say thank you for the service/opportunity but its time for a change? It's common courtesy.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:13 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
That's a trait that's quickly disappearing. People spend more time communicating through text, twitter, Facebook, etc that they plain forgot how to talk to people. Now you have bosses who fire through email and employees who walk off a job or leave their key in the desk with no notice. How hard is it to say thank you for the service/opportunity but its time for a change? It's common courtesy.
I agree.... I have been laid off twice in my life. The first time nobody knew it was coming. Most of the guys were happy but to me it was a kick in the nuts. I was married with 2 small children and it made me bitter as hell.

The second time was on Christmas Day. When we clicked out that morning from working nights the OWNER was standing there with checks, personally shook everyone's hand and thanked them for their work. It still sucked but I admired that man for the way he did it.

Every time I see him in the store or where ever I always remind him of that story and actually thank him because that morning is when I decided to go back to trade school and become a Machinist. Best decision I ever made.

And on the other hand an employee needs to be man enough to turn in a 2 weeks notice and continue to be a productive employee for the following 2 weeks in appreciation for being able to work for said Company.

Just how I was raised...
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: 722

I totally agree, can't communicate without Texting, people skills are disappearing, I am in the biz to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I agree.... I have been laid off twice in my life. The first time nobody knew it was coming. Most of the guys were happy but to me it was a kick in the nuts. I was married with 2 small children and it made me bitter as hell.

The second time was on Christmas Day. When we clicked out that morning from working nights the OWNER was standing there with checks, personally shook everyone's hand and thanked them for their work. It still sucked but I admired that man for the way he did it.

Every time I see him in the store or where ever I always remind him of that story and actually thank him because that morning is when I decided to go back to trade school and become a Machinist. Best decision I ever made.

And on the other hand an employee needs to be man enough to turn in a 2 weeks notice and continue to be a productive employee for the following 2 weeks in appreciation for being able to work for said Company.

Just how I was raised...

Sadly lots of companies don't accept 2 week notices anymore. My good friend who was a very loyal employee here went to the Presidents office on a Monday and told him his last day would be the following Friday. The pres told him thanks for you service but your last day is today, you can go pack your office right now and leave. Thier excuse was they didn't want him stealing anything off the server.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i think there will be a dramatic halt in his business after this going public. hope he goes bankrupt.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:

and I had cobra, it only lasts for 6 months maximum then mandatory terminates you and at that point you are cut off from that and you are now on your own with Obama care

something tells me she is going to be needing a lot of care and for a lot longer then 6 months
Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Terminated one on Friday. I should have done it on Wednesday but, I was in Ohio and, would have had to do it over the phone. Something told me that he needed to see how serious I was and, a phone call wouldn't get my point across.

No, he doesn't have cancer but, he did seem to have an issue with my office manager who also happens to be my wife...Bad deal all the way around.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Terminated one on Friday. I should have done it on Wednesday but, I was in Ohio and, would have had to do it over the phone. Something told me that he needed to see how serious I was and, a phone call wouldn't get my point across.

No, he doesn't have cancer but, he did seem to have an issue with my office manager who also happens to be my wife...Bad deal all the way around.
never a good idea to not get along with the wife of the boss if she works there too, there is always only one result from that lol