SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Personally i don't take "BIG" issue with the bill. as far as i'm concerned its was just going to be another bit of unenforceable rubbish legislation, designed to make the general public "think" that somethings being done.

My issue with these bills is, was, has been, and will continue to be, that they are used at every opportunity to further erode our constitutional rights. In summary we are safer in this century than WE EVER HAVE BEEN, Crime is down across the board dramatically. Terrorism (while horrible) represents a TINY fraction of a percentage of avoidable deaths here and world wide. Department of Homeland security's BUDGET is 20% of the federal budget!!!! in contrast the federal budget to give help to folks thinking of suicide is less than a million (surprisingly there are over 1000X more suicide deaths each year in the US than terrorism deaths.) I'm not okay with giving up ANY more of my rights based on this anymore.... Quite frankly i am pretty damned ready to have some of my rights returned.

To have our president stand at a podium and throw a little temper tantrum about the "other guys" not playing fair when he is employing all the same tricks they did (ie... the survey showing 90% of america supports this legislation... what a joke... 900 hand picked people from upper north east) is absolute horsecrap!

Hell, Rahm Emmanuel publicly stated that it was both his and the presidents opinion to NEVER let a good tragedy go to waste when pushing your agenda.

Responsible, tax paying, gun owners are not the ones at fault in these tragedy's, and to expect them to shoulder the BS just so a few people who think we live in a fairytale world can be a little bit more happy / smug is more horse****.

Enact and ENFORCE real laws that MAKE IT PAINFUL for CRIMINALS to continue using guns, Stop playing revolving door jail with non violent criminals who just want to smoke a damn joint or something... legalize that crap and tax it. Revoke the Joke that is NAFTA and put our country back on even footing to deal fairly with other countries in the area of trade.

There are a thousand other things that can be done which will make real sustainable change, that will help the people of this country and not just our mega businesses.

We are a no longer a real republic, we have become a Corporatocracy... and we are quickly moving to become a third world one at that. The shell game is to keep everyone focused on ineffective home programs to deter Guns, Drugs, and Terrorism. Let's not focus on the economy and what's really causing it to take a big ****. because that's not important is it...................
Holy smokes ... You put my every thought into perfect words haha
Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

AceArcher.......you are my new SC hero.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I hate to see you leave me hanging like that
Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

I do want to correct some stuff i said in the other post... after a bit more research I found that the anticipated total budget of DHS this year is going to be somewhat north of 44 Billion dollars. This is a good bit less than 20% of the budget...... and all i can claim in defense is that i must have been looking at some pie charts on gov.org incorrectly.

I do feel that the point i made is still the same, It's still an extraordinarily large amount of money that our gov'n spends on a dept that has a very dubious return on investment. When you then factor in the "cost" of constitutional rights being stripped away as well...

not cool....

We really have to find a way to get these darned politicians under control (Don't kid yourself, neither party is any better than the other)

Personally i think the only solution is to work our way to a viable 3rd party system, but i don't know how we could ever manage a hat trick like that.

In any case, thanks again for the kind words.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Lol... brother you better find a stronger hero than me.. my cape's all busted up..

Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I hate to see you leave me hanging like that
Classic Dub!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

I do want to correct some stuff i said in the other post... after a bit more research I found that the anticipated total budget of DHS this year is going to be somewhat north of 44 Billion dollars. This is a good bit less than 20% of the budget...... and all i can claim in defense is that i must have been looking at some pie charts on gov.org incorrectly.

I do feel that the point i made is still the same, It's still an extraordinarily large amount of money that our gov'n spends on a dept that has a very dubious return on investment. When you then factor in the "cost" of constitutional rights being stripped away as well...

not cool....

We really have to find a way to get these darned politicians under control (Don't kid yourself, neither party is any better than the other)

Personally i think the only solution is to work our way to a viable 3rd party system, but i don't know how we could ever manage a hat trick like that.

In any case, thanks again for the kind words.

the point is still clear......

The more of these "departments" created the more people directly on the government dole. The paid dole, then the entitlement dole. Together are far more than 50% of the voters.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
the point is still clear......

The more of these "departments" created the more people directly on the government dole. The paid dole, then the entitlement dole. Together are far more than 50% of the voters.
In the famous words of a very wise Cajun somewhere.....

Tru Dat!!!!!