SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LOL

1st off I never bashed a religion I stated 100% facts from the bible

and you might have noticed I never said what religion one should follow! I have lots of Catholics in my family and I'm certain they will go to heaven because they also know the Bible !

Again Im far for perfect but I do know what the BIBLE says and I know the way to Heaven is though GOD(Jesus)

I cant not find anywhere in the Bible where is says pray though a saint to God, so there for I will just do what the Bible says to do!
Same with Mary, Yes she was a great woman of the Bible but never was it said to pray to Mary!

Again I'm no Bible thumper and I do not to pretend im perfect and I NO where the person I should be. But I do know the Bible and I do know 100% what it says!

If you can prove me wrong in what I have stated by using the Bible , I will listen and take it in.

As my Great Grand Paw James Waltrip once said! Hell will be filed with Religious people of all kinds !!

anyway im staying out of this but i will agree with the last statement of this post, what your grandpaw said.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

Think what you want challenge what you want. but in the end...you'll find out.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Flounder

Cash: 654

Revelation 5:8 "Prayers of the holy ones " John refers to the saints as "holy ones"

1Timothy 2:1-4
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fish View Post
Revelation 5:8 "Prayers of the holy ones " John refers to the saints as "holy ones"

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Revelation 5:88 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

Well I guess we can add religion to the list of "Things W knows best"
Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

its easy to regurgitate bible scripts...true test is living by them.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
its easy to regurgitate bible scripts...true test is living by them.
Extremely well said!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Flounder

Sorry this is the quote I had from the King James

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

In Paul's letter to Timothy in addition to prayers he says we should ask for intercession. Which is what we do with the saints and Mary.

Whatever has gotten you to hate the Catholic religion, as a Catholic, I apologize . We are not taught to go out and offend. Unfortunately, a lot of times we do.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Flounder

Amen Sulphite Amen agree with u 100%
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fish View Post
Sorry this is the quote I had from the King James

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

In Paul's letter to Timothy in addition to prayers he says we should ask for intercession. Which is what we do with the saints and Mary.

Whatever has gotten you to hate the Catholic religion, as a Catholic, I apologize . We are not taught to go out and offend. Unfortunately, a lot of times we do.

Again sorry to bust your bubble but that does not in no shape ,way or form say :
Pray to saints or any other gods
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Flounder

Cash: 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Again sorry to bust your bubble but that does not in no shape ,way or form say :
Pray to saints or any other gods
Please do not imply that Catholics pray to other gods, as praying to "other" gods is contrary to the belief of all Christians !!!! Once again lets be clear that Catholics also do not pray to saints. We pray with them just as Christians of all faiths often gather to pray together for some form of supplication.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Flounder

Cash: 815

I wonder if Haynie would build "W" a boat with a pulpit instead of a console.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Flounder

Oh ok
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Flounder

[QUOTE="W";559701]you are 100% right.....I have been in a 3 day battle with some people on facebook

Im far far from a saint

So "W" you apparently do believe in saints and recognize they have a very spiritual relationship with God !!!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Seems we have some people here that have had these arguments before?? You can always tell a hater, they have what they believe to be the truth in hand that proves the catholic religion wrong. It's always us(catholics) defending our religion... I never see a gang of catholics chewing up some baptist or Methodist just because they chose a different religion. Most of us were raised in our religions, we were born in it.. Like W's his religion in family is strong in their past... You will not hear me or probably any catholic barking at him telling him he is wrong. So why do you guys feel so compelled to discuss and bash the catholic religion??
Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
Seems we have some people here that have had these arguments before?? You can always tell a hater, they have what they believe to be the truth in hand that proves the catholic religion wrong. It's always us(catholics) defending our religion... I never see a gang of catholics chewing up some baptist or Methodist just because they chose a different religion. Most of us were raised in our religions, we were born in it.. Like W's his religion in family is strong in their past... You will not hear me or probably any catholic barking at him telling him he is wrong. So why do you guys feel so compelled to discuss and bash the catholic religion??

Well said T-Top. What all Christians must find strength in is that Jesus Christ was perfect and even he was persecuted and crucufied. Just as Jesus Christ did we must also find strength from persecution of our faith or religious beliefs.

Regardless of what is said about Catholics by other Christian faiths, there were an estimated 30,000 non Catholic Christians in Rome to witness the selection of the successor of the first Pope, the Apostle Peter. Regardles of religious belief, one cannot deny the Pope is the most respected religious position in the entire world !!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

God is a fair and just God....God is love...

Hmm...

If god loves everyone unconditionally and is FAIR AND JUST, yet knows each soul from beginning to end, how is it fair that he creates a soul that will go to hell? Where's the fairness in that? Really. God is all knowing from beginning to end. He knows where a person will end up before they are created. How is that fair and just, and how would God love that person if he knows they are going to hell before they are born???

Also, just look back to the dark ages where the only people who knew how to read and write was the catholic church....accepting money for forgiveness?? Sounds like grade a bull s h I t. And you shouldn't have to confess your "sins" to anyone but God to be forgiven.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
God is a fair and just God....God is love...

Hmm...

If god loves everyone unconditionally and is FAIR AND JUST, yet knows each soul from beginning to end, how is it fair that he creates a soul that will go to hell? Where's the fairness in that? Really. God is all knowing from beginning to end. He knows where a person will end up before they are created. How is that fair and just, and how would God love that person if he knows they are going to hell before they are born???

Also, just look back to the dark ages where the only people who knew how to read and write was the catholic church....accepting money for forgiveness?? Sounds like grade a bull s h I t. And you shouldn't have to confess your "sins" to anyone but God to be forgiven.
Ok...
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

If you think free will is true, then you have to refute that God knows reach soul from beginning to end.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Flounder

[QUOTE=mcjaredsandwich;559874]God is a fair and just God....God is love...

Hmm...

God doesnt create a soul which will go to hell. He actually creates one which is born only with the venial sins. God does however create souls with free will. If one uses that free will to choose the ways of satan and not repent before death, scripture tells us we will certainly suffer in hell for eternity.