SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
I think what is really pissing him off is that this is yet another failed attempt as president, and that will bring him one step closer to being defined as the biggest failure as president in U.S. history.
I don't like him any more than you do but he has been very successful in the further socialization of America. Obama care will eventually become the biggest gov't boondoggle in history and no one has been able to stop it.
Since 2008, his gov't has taken control of GM, Wall Street, and countless banks- and "seems" to have turned them around. Hardly a failure.
We had better enjoy this small victory. It may be a while before we get another.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Did anyone notice Reid voted Nay? Per senate rules, by doing this he is able to reintroduce it if they feel they can muster enough votes to pass it - they need to strong arm 5 folks and reintroduce it to have it pass.
Correct! The battle was won but the real was has yet to begin. We need to not let this victory pass us by. Because they will wait til it quiets down and try it again and again and again for the next 4 years. That is the ONE AND ONLY reason Reid voted nay!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Strong arm 5 politians ... That should be easy
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Attached Images
File Type: jpg facebook-20130417-215928.jpg (58.7 KB, 221 views)
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

haha, looks like obummer is passing gas,and biden cant take it anymore.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassmanDan View Post
Since 2008, his gov't has taken control of GM, Wall Street, and countless banks- and "seems" to have turned them around. Hardly a failure.
You're joking right? Who do you think is paying for those bailouts? And wouldn't it be nice if anyone who owns a business would have the U.S. Gov't behind them to prop them up when times get tough? If you think the fact that he through Gov't/taxpayer money into the bailouts thus makes him a success...you're delusional. Obamacare was rammed down out throats before we knew what happened. This country hasn't been this divided since the civil war. No matter how you paint him, he's a failure as president.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassmanDan View Post
I don't like him any more than you do but he has been very successful in the further socialization of America. Obama care will eventually become the biggest gov't boondoggle in history and no one has been able to stop it.
We had better enjoy this small victory. It may be a while before we get another.
Shares need to hit 53.00/ea before the taxpayer breaks even on the amount of money Obama put in to bail them out. They aren't even at $30/share right now - so tell me how you measure success and turning them around?????

Just because they are still in business? I would hope so after getting $50 billion of our money.

We lost big time, and will lose more when they file bankruptcy again wait for it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Exactly what part of the bill would you guys have problems with? I just read the whole thing and maybe take exception to " Subtitle B--Requiring a Background Check for Every Firearm Sale.". Everything else seems like things I think we should do.

Title II-- Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act (Sections 201-207)

I think this is a no brainer.

Title III-- School and Campus Safety Enhancements Act. ( Sections 301-306)

I think we want to beef up Campus security and agree with everything within these sections.

I think they need to go back and get rid of mandatory background checks for every firearm sale and resubmit. Should get it through.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s649/text
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

so without Title II we will allow illegal trafficking of firearms??????
Old 04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
so without Title II we will allow illegal trafficking of firearms??????
No. It's already a federal crime. They wanted to stiffen the penalties for a law that they already do not enforce by prosecution near enough. It boils down to feel good legislation and, chiseling away at our rights.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
Exactly what part of the bill would you guys have problems with? I just read the whole thing and maybe take exception to " Subtitle B--Requiring a Background Check for Every Firearm Sale.". Everything else seems like things I think we should do.

Title II-- Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act (Sections 201-207)

I think this is a no brainer.

Title III-- School and Campus Safety Enhancements Act. ( Sections 301-306)

I think we want to beef up Campus security and agree with everything within these sections.

I think they need to go back and get rid of mandatory background checks for every firearm sale and resubmit. Should get it through.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s649/text
Personally i don't take "BIG" issue with the bill. as far as i'm concerned its was just going to be another bit of unenforceable rubbish legislation, designed to make the general public "think" that somethings being done.

My issue with these bills is, was, has been, and will continue to be, that they are used at every opportunity to further erode our constitutional rights. In summary we are safer in this century than WE EVER HAVE BEEN, Crime is down across the board dramatically. Terrorism (while horrible) represents a TINY fraction of a percentage of avoidable deaths here and world wide. Department of Homeland security's BUDGET is 20% of the federal budget!!!! in contrast the federal budget to give help to folks thinking of suicide is less than a million (surprisingly there are over 1000X more suicide deaths each year in the US than terrorism deaths.) I'm not okay with giving up ANY more of my rights based on this anymore.... Quite frankly i am pretty damned ready to have some of my rights returned.

To have our president stand at a podium and throw a little temper tantrum about the "other guys" not playing fair when he is employing all the same tricks they did (ie... the survey showing 90% of america supports this legislation... what a joke... 900 hand picked people from upper north east) is absolute horsecrap!

Hell, Rahm Emmanuel publicly stated that it was both his and the presidents opinion to NEVER let a good tragedy go to waste when pushing your agenda.

Responsible, tax paying, gun owners are not the ones at fault in these tragedy's, and to expect them to shoulder the BS just so a few people who think we live in a fairytale world can be a little bit more happy / smug is more horse****.

Enact and ENFORCE real laws that MAKE IT PAINFUL for CRIMINALS to continue using guns, Stop playing revolving door jail with non violent criminals who just want to smoke a damn joint or something... legalize that crap and tax it. Revoke the Joke that is NAFTA and put our country back on even footing to deal fairly with other countries in the area of trade.

There are a thousand other things that can be done which will make real sustainable change, that will help the people of this country and not just our mega businesses.

We are a no longer a real republic, we have become a Corporatocracy... and we are quickly moving to become a third world one at that. The shell game is to keep everyone focused on ineffective home programs to deter Guns, Drugs, and Terrorism. Let's not focus on the economy and what's really causing it to take a big ****. because that's not important is it...................

Last edited by AceArcher; 04-18-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Personally i don't take "BIG" issue with the bill. as far as i'm concerned its was just going to be another bit of unenforceable rubbish legislation, designed to make the general public "think" that somethings being done.

My issue with these bills is, was, has been, and will continue to be, that they are used at every opportunity to further erode our constitutional rights. In summary we are safer in this century than WE EVER HAVE BEEN, Crime is down across the board dramatically. Terrorism (while horrible) represents a TINY fraction of a percentage of avoidable deaths here and world wide. I'm not okay with giving up ANY more of my rights based anymore.... Quite frankly i am pretty damned ready to have some of my rights returned.

To have our president stand at a podium and throw a little temper tantrum about the "other guys" not playing fair when he is employing all the same tricks they did (ie... the survey showing 90% of america supports this legislation... what a joke... 900 hand picked people from upper north east) is absolute horsecrap!

Hell, Rahm Emmanuel publicly stated that it was both his and the presidents opinion to NEVER let a good tragedy go to waste when pushing your agenda.

Responsible, tax paying, gun owners are not the ones at fault in these tragedy's, and to expect them to shoulder the BS just so a few people who think we live in a fairytale world can be a little bit more happy / smug is more horse****.

Enact and ENFORCE real laws that MAKE IT PAINFUL for CRIMINALS to continue using guns, Stop playing revolving door jail with non violent criminals who just want to smoke a damn joint or something... legalize that crap and tax it. Revoke the Joke that is NAFTA and put our country back on even footing to deal fairly with other countries in the area of trade.

There are a thousand other things that can be done which will make real sustainable change, that will help the people of this country and not just our mega businesses.

We are a no longer a real republic, we have become a Corporatocracy... and we are quickly moving to become a third world one at that. The shell game is to keep everyone focused on ineffective home programs to deter Guns, Drugs, and Terrorism. Let's not focus on the economy and what's really causing it to take a big ****. because that's not important is it...................
^THIS!!! Very well stated AceArcher
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:

My issue with these bills is, was, has been, and will continue to be, that they are used at every opportunity to further erode our constitutional rights. In summary we are safer in this century than WE EVER HAVE BEEN, Crime is down across the board dramatically. Terrorism (while horrible) represents a TINY fraction of a percentage of avoidable deaths here and world wide. Department of Homeland security's BUDGET is 20% of the federal budget!!!! in contrast the federal budget to give help to folks thinking of suicide is less than a million (surprisingly there are over 1000X more suicide deaths each year in the US than terrorism deaths.) I'm not okay with giving up ANY more of my rights based on this anymore.... Quite frankly i am pretty damned ready to have some of my rights returned.

Well stated! What this administration doesn't want to look at is that when the economy tanks, violent crime spikes. People become desperate. Yes, some people are just ruthless, I do understand that but, it is well known that tough economic times drives up robbery and the likes.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Well stated! What this administration doesn't want to look at is that when the economy tanks, violent crime spikes. People become desperate. Yes, some people are just ruthless, I do understand that but, it is well known that tough economic times drives up robbery and the likes.
What should give ALL of us pause is the fact that the fed has deemed DHS important enough to give it the MAJORITY OF THE US BUDGET..... more than the military or anthing else......

It makes me wonder just what kind of hell is coming down the pipeline to inspire the DC Think Tanks to "think" that this is necessary.

Trying not to be to conspiracy theory here... but usually where there is smoke...... you know....
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
That's the way I see it too. And that is why I don't have much of a problem with most of the bill.

I agree with the rest of your write-up. Well said.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Can anyone post a video of Obama's hissy fit before the mods delete this thread? I can't find it on the World Wide Web.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Swordfish

Here's some

http://youtu.be/tDRxOtoCzF4

Of course it's the NRAs fault.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Swordfish

Also if u catch when he blatantly calls Americans dumbasses when's he says "most Americans thought this was already the law". Shows how stupid he thinks the regular person is. And I kinda have to agree with him cuz they voted him in office.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Flounder

Cash: 740

[quote=swampman46;571352]
Quote:

You're joking right? Who do you think is paying for those bailouts? he's a failure as president.
You are correct that we are paying for his policies- I don't agree with his policies either. Most Americans must agree with him because they re-elected him.
In that respect, he is successful in furthering his agenda and in getting re-elected. Unfortunately, that is what counts no matter what you call it.
Yes, I know that his policies are killing this country but after this last election, there isn't anything we can do about it until the next election.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

Someone get this man a beer!!! Well said!!!!

Quote:

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .