SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Has this thead been hijacked or what?????
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Yeah it finally got good!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Has this thead been hijacked or what?????
DUH!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Ratdog,

Sorry if you thought it was an infraction. It was not. As Casey said, I was welcoming you back.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I apologize, I did not word that post correctly. What I meant to say was, it is obvious you are an academic. I have relatives who are professors at various universities and they over explain things all the time because that is what they are used to doing in academia. I did not mean to come across as insulting you
I didn't take it as an insult, but more as friendly advice. I am guilty as charged for over explaining.

But I hope no one reads my comments in this thread as encouragement to be more academic.

My intention in this thread is to encourage folks not to write things that they would not say in front of their pastor, priest, or rabbi. I'm advocating for more kindness and respect. Did not someone important once say, "Anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fires of hell."
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I didn't take it as an insult, but more as friendly advice. I am guilty as charged for over explaining.

But I hope no one reads my comments in this thread as encouragement to be more academic.

My intention in this thread is to encourage folks not to write things that they would not say in front of their pastor, priest, or rabbi. I'm advocating for more kindness and respect. Did not someone important once say, "Anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fires of hell."
Now that there I can understand my brother!!

All I really needed to know I learned in kindergarten, right?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post

No worries MathGeek. Like you my "real job" is a very technical profession, I have to interpret new SEC rulings, and other matters most people could care less about. When I get on this site it is more like being at the camp with the guys for me. I do appreciate all of your very meaningful well thought out posts. I get 300 emails a day and I am in and out of the site all of the time so sometimes I just do not have time to read the longer posts.

Thanks for your efforts and for trying to keep our site family friendly and productive.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Ratdog, I just read all 66 posts and I am one confused MF . . . ain't nobody slanged any **** . . . and the issue is still going . . . and another thing . . . I paid for your premium membership so you could have equal access to all issues, especially those that concerned you . . . I firmly agree that you have a right to address any issues that concern you and I made it happen. . . you had someone on your side from the get go . . .

Pilgrim
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by PReaux View Post
Ratdog, I just read all 66 posts and I am one confused MF . . . ain't nobody slanged any **** . . . and the issue is still going . . . and another thing . . . I paid for your premium membership so you could have equal access to all issues, especially those that concerned you . . . I firmly agree that you have a right to address any issues that concern you and I made it happen. . . you had someone on your side from the get go . . .

Pilgrim
All joking aside, Preaux is your boy and he has been by your side from day one.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Math geek,
Morning I jus worked up. An feel bad for the appearance of jacking da thread.
It is now obvious that hoopels feel bad too about things done in da past.
So I apologize for appearances. It's just that u seem to have the same opinion I do about edicat an proper online relations.
Lol at da priest thing cuz I would love to see one call a priest things I've seen on here. Or for that matter letting my Nefu come here an see what I think are grown USPS acting like fools.

So thanks for da pos t and sorry for my jack.

Mama say if day relize da sewed up then might give a second try.
Mama always right even if I think she wrong.

So back to da thing that salty is supposed to b about.

FISHING!

An good luck to all da hoopels an there midgets one day we will all be salty fishing family friends in da big trout jetty in da sky.
But right now vermillion vill is my new subject.

Good luck bro an good job.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Amen Ratdog. Good morning bro!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Math geek,
Morning I jus worked up. An feel bad for the appearance of jacking da thread.
It is now obvious that hoopels feel bad too about things done in da past.
So I apologize for appearances. It's just that u seem to have the same opinion I do about edicat an proper online relations.
Lol at da priest thing cuz I would love to see one call a priest things I've seen on here. Or for that matter letting my Nefu come here an see what I think are grown USPS acting like fools.

So thanks for da pos t and sorry for my jack.

Mama say if day relize da sewed up then might give a second try.
Mama always right even if I think she wrong.

So back to da thing that salty is supposed to b about.

FISHING!

An good luck to all da hoopels an there midgets one day we will all be salty fishing family friends in da big trout jetty in da sky.
But right now vermillion vill is my new subject.

Good luck bro an good job.
You are welcome to jack a thread I've started any time. Happy to have you back!

Got any fishing tips to share? What you catching lately and what are you catching them on? I'm on my way to LC, arriving on Sunday. We'll be hitting Calcasieu pretty hard, with maybe a trip to GI. In town until at least 21 June, maybe an extra week.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

great post guys, getting down to business, how would you go about getting facts to support the benefits of a 25 fish limit? seems we got a bunch of pro fishermen that can produce plenty of data on fish caught, and we have a MathGeek to crunch the numbers... In the end, he with the most data wins.

just a thought here.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130
Default some keys to discussion

a big part of being successful in internet discussions is proper grammar and spelling.... how are you going to get your point across, when it takes the reader 15 minutes to comprehend what you are trying to get across.

1. its a burden on the reader to try and decipher some foreign language. 2. you should have enough repspect for the reader to proof read your message and make adjustments, rather than just slapping some jargon across the monitor and expecting us to conform to your laziness.
3. If you think your point is important enough to put on the computer in discussion, please take pride in getting it across the correct way.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
great post guys, getting down to business, how would you go about getting facts to support the benefits of a 25 fish limit? seems we got a bunch of pro fishermen that can produce plenty of data on fish caught, and we have a MathGeek to crunch the numbers... In the end, he with the most data wins.

just a thought here.
There are several approaches to acquiring and analyzing data for "stock assessments" which is how biologists determine how a fishery is doing. Unfortunately, the experimental designs and randomization for CPUE (catch per unit effort) type studies are very complicated and unlikely to be fulfilled by anglers keeping their own records. Carefully measured lengths can be useful for generating length frequency distributions, but only if a captain measures the length of every trout caught in his boat for a period of time. Measuring only the bigger fish biases the data.

My wife Amy and I will be in LC from 11 June until at least 21 June. We'll be conducting a length-weight survey where we need to carefully measure and weigh (using carefully calibrated scales) as many speckled trout, redfish, and black drum as possible. These careful weight and length measurements will allow computation of a relative condition factor (a measure of fatness which indicates how well the fish have been eating). This study design allows an assessment of the stocks relative to their available food much more simply than CPUE (catch per unit effort) assessments and is generally more accurate than length frequency histograms which are biased by sampling methods.

We'll probably be concentrating at Calcusieu Point, because getting enough black drum measured was the big challenge last year, and very few drum are landed at Hebert's. The relative fatness or thinness of these three species can be very informative, especially when compared to the data from previous years. We'll be posting times and locations here at Salty Cajun. We especially need black drum, as they are a sensitive bioindicator of the oyster situation. We also struggle to get enough bull redfish in the data set.

Other valuable data would be the top ten tournament weights from previous years and any stock assessment data LDWF is willing to share.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-07-2012, 08:47 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default hahaha

funny
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2767.png (101.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png IMG_9617.png (57.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png IMG_0372.png (66.2 KB, 59 views)
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

dang MathGeek, i bet you forgot more than I know...
Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
dang MathGeek, i bet you forgot more than I know...
Or ever knew
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Or ever knew
Too much time in the office solving math problems and not enough time fishing.