SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641
Default Help Poachers LAW SUCKS!!!!

Help...the law SUCKS!!!!

I have a problem need help. There is a guy hunting on the property next to ours, he has cut trees down on our land so he can see onto us. His stand is right on the property line but he is clearly hunting on us, he even has his rice bran on us and he has to climb over a fence to come onto us. Well on 10/21/11 I was making an afternoon hunt got on stand at about 4:15pm and then at about 5:00pm I watched the man climb in the tree. At 6:15 I had a 5 point buck walk out in the bean field, looked at him and decided not to shot, he was maybe a 2 year old and small so I started to film him with my video camera. Well he walked right in front of me about 30 yrds away and was walking straight towards the man in the tree, when the buck got about 75 yrds from me and directly in between me and the man in the tree, two button bucks came out of the woods into the bean field to meet the other buck. Well then it happened the man shot the buck and then shot one of the button buck right in front of me on our land. Then I sat and filmed two men walk out of the woods and retrieve the two deer. They clearly shot the deer on our property. I stoped them and told them the cops and dept of WLF were on the way. They dropped the deer and left the property before anyone arrived. Well the sheriff dept. arrived took our statement and went look for the Man (I do know who he is and I have it all on film). The lazy wildlife agent called me and said it was to late to start the investigation 8:00pm and it would mess up his schedule and he would come meet me in the morning. Long story short they came, watched the video and told us we could keep the deer and they could only charge the men with a tagging violation for not tagging the deer. They did not care at all that he shot the deer on our property or cut down our tress, because he stated we do not own the deer the state of LA owns the deer. so it is perfectly fine to shoot any deer on anybody's property as long as you follow the hunting laws, the only thing is you can not go retrieve the deer without permission from the land owner. So the scum bag got off with a trespassing violation and a Tagging violation and to top it off the lazy WLF agent took the deer from us that he told us we could keep so we cleaned them and iced them down only to be giving back to the low life who shot them!!! does anybody believe any other laws were broken and is there anything I can do since the Dept of WLF will not help Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I think what he told you was a crock of Sh**. I would contact someone else about this. Maybe go the the LDWF and talk to the head guy there. I wouldn't put up with that kind of BS.

Last edited by evidrine; 10-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

wish I had more insight on this matter...sounds like you have a problem on your hands along with a less than motivated wlf agent...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Goo up the food chain at LDWF.

he was trespassing, what about the SO?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

LDWF is NOT going to do anything about trespassing. That is up to the sherriff.
If he is a local and y'all are not ,good luck!
Don't let it drop contact the sheriff and make them tell you what they are going to do ?
LDWF is going to be your problem as it sounds like they don't want to do anything. Take it up the chain of command.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

are you leasing land? if so contact the owner and they can make them move stands a certain distance from property line. i am not sure how true this is but i have been told that if you go to a barber shop and get human hair and spread it the deer will not enter that area.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

1. Pretty sure there is a law stating you have to be at least 200 feet or yards from property line, at least there used to be.

2. Should have called the sheriff's department and went through him. Any time we have had problems with something of this nature we always went through sheriff's department.

3. I would contact the WLF and report this warden. He obviously is a lazy SOB. Find a contact email on their website or something.

4. I would have given that dude an A S S whippin!! Or maybe just started shooting around him.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Sailfish

was atleast one a big black guy? did you have a black and stainless gun?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

i have found over the years you cant fight these type of people fair. start knocking down stands and fight dirty.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Sailfish

what's the latest on this
Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Need more info. Trespassing is not LDWF issue, it is a sheriffs dept issue. IF you have the video evidence of a guy shooting 2 deer and can prove that, you have a case. If not, then a tagging violation is all that can be given. There is no law saying that you have to clean a deer and take it to your house. Once you shoot a deer and find it, that is YOUR deer, you can do with it what you want - clean it or you can feed it to a dog if you would like. Not to take up for the agent, BUT that guy has likely worked all day and got a call at 8 pm and there is no real urgency to take care of the matter at 8 pm, that can wait til the next day. I don't really like bashing agents especially when they are severely understaffed across the state, and most of the time they have to respond to people that are all armed

You need IronMan's phone number, he will take care of this
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-e...ia/trespassing
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

[QUOTE= There is no law saying that you have to clean a deer and take it to your house. Once you shoot a deer and find it, that is YOUR deer, you can do with it what you want - clean it or you can feed it to a dog if you would like. [/QUOTE]

Actually this is a false statement.

I was actually cited for "Wasteful Game Violation" when a buddy of mine discarded a deer he had shot b/c he was too lazy to clean it the next day once we finally got the water lines unfrozen. We all received this violation even though he's the one who shot the deer. We also received a "tagging violation" as well for not tagging the deer properly.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

Put a gallon of diesel around his stand. He won't see anything for the rest of the season. You just hunt somewhere else and let him waste his time. Don't get mad, get even!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

If the stand is on the property line, take the half that's on your side.......
Old 10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Also, if you are on leased land (individual or timber company) and the person in question has removed trees on that leased land, contact the land owner and advise.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Diesel don't work. I hunt 10yds behind where I work in tx. There is diesel, oil, antifreeze all over and I still see deer...I have a goose call that has raccoon fighting sounds on it with a remote, u can put it under his stand and when you see his flashlight in the am start playing it he won't wanna go back...lol
Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641
Default update

well, dept of WLF called me this morning due to a post on the internet. I was told they are investing the matter and they want the video so they can watch it, they want see if any other violation were committed, but was told that the guy had every right to shoot the deer even though it was on my property... they just cant go retrieve the deer...BS, my reply was I dont care who owns the deer it does not give you the right to shot on your neighbors land with a high power rifle. I was told that this is also going to be looked at...I hope so I have friends who are state rep. and they also have received the complaint and they are working on this as well. From what I understand they are going to be charged with trespassing and more charges my follow, don't want to say what they are just yet, and a tagging volition as well...Keep kicking the ant pile till something happens!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabulator View Post
well, dept of WLF called me this morning due to a post on the internet. I was told they are investing the matter and they want the video so they can watch it, they want see if any other violation were committed, but was told that the guy had every right to shoot the deer even though it was on my property... they just cant go retrieve the deer...BS, my reply was I dont care who owns the deer it does not give you the right to shot on your neighbors land with a high power rifle. I was told that this is also going to be looked at...I hope so I have friends who are state rep. and they also have received the complaint and they are working on this as well. From what I understand they are going to be charged with trespassing and more charges my follow, don't want to say what they are just yet, and a tagging volition as well...Keep kicking the ant pile till something happens!!!
All I have to say is, your avatar is awesome!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Sailfish

where do you hunt? I work with a guy that was telling a story just like yours but he was on other end of the deal..... I am not taking a side on this because who ever was wrong was wrong but its crazy how close his story goes with this