SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Moose are complete sheet heads and don't scare easily. They regularly stomp people to death. He might have been able to get away without killing it but I would have prolly done the same thing. Ground check him.
#TeamPeople

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats right! moose kill a looooot of people every year in the "deep north."

id like to see anyone in that position, after already being stomped once, try to do something different and expect to live.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
So you are opposed to "stand your ground" laws and favor a duty to retreat?

Failing to retreat = provocation?
Go count something math boy
Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

I just thought it was a video worth sharing.... Didn't think it would start a sh*t storm like this..
Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Lmao
Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Weak! That dude could have backed up n let that moose leave, he basically provoked the moose . Like others said a warning shot would have made it run off . Dude is an idiot .
I'll agree on this, he could have sat there and enjoyed looking at it and when it moved out the way went around it. No need to pull up closer and when it doesn't move pull up again provoking it again.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
You must have watched a completely different video than I did, because he was not attacked almost immediately as you describe. I'm not a PETA guy, just someone that works and hunts in the woods all the time and knows how to handle myself around wildlife. He had no GOOD reason to act as he did. Contrary to what MathGeek believes, "stand your ground" did not fit this situation UNTIL the moose got aggressive, then he turned and walked away, and the guy continued to provoke him by moving down the path.

None of that was smart. He could have moved around him or tracked back and found another route around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
track around in the deep snow and maybe get stuck? he wasnt provoking it, he was trying to scare it, obviously. oh well idga dang
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Im pretty sure adrenaline had a lot to do with what happened in this video. I do not agree with what happened that's for sure. I wasn't in the situation so I cannot say what I would have done. Id like to think that I would have backed up and waited for him to move/leave or maybe found an alternate route. The guy wasn't on foot he had the ability to move very easily.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
track around in the deep snow and maybe get stuck? he wasnt provoking it, he was trying to scare it, obviously. oh well idga dang
Yeah, maybe you've got a point. I can see that. Idk, who knows what they would have done here. I just know if that's a full grown moose or a bear, I'm not going to keep moving down that trail, I'm going to back out or wait and see what it does. I'm sure that animal felt threatened by him, and that is why it charged. Either way, it is what it is. To each his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

And if this would have happened to me I would have for sure destroyed all evidence including the damn video... really how stupid can you be?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Snowmobiler shoots moose with Glock

Wonder how long he sat there before he turned on the camera. I'm sure he didn't just round the corner and give the moose 2 seconds or else. Get off the trail and get stuck in bear country with a goofy, adolescent moose hanging around?? Doubt it. And was that his lady following him?

How many of you hunt over a pile of corn from a big box in the sky, but are saying this guy was wrong?

That moose was young, dumb and clumsy. He wouldn't have made it very long anyway, playing on a trekked path and charging gas powered bears that are standing over 7'... I wish he would have played out the cow scene from Me, Myself and Irene

Last edited by Goooh; 02-26-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Wonder how long he sat there before he turned on the camera. I'm sure he didn't just round the corner and give the moose 2 seconds or else. Get off the trail and get stuck in bear country with a goofy, adolescent moose hanging around?? Doubt it. And was that his lady following him?

How many of you hunt over a pile of corn from a big box in the sky, but are saying this guy was wrong?

That moose was young, dumb and clumsy. He wouldn't have made it very long anyway, playing on a trekked path and charging gas powered bears that are standing over 7'... I wish he would have played out the cow scene from Liar Liar
hahaha
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Red Snapper

me myself and irene
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Red Snapper

i forgot about that, so funny!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BHh3OcVGYg.../s1600/cow.gif
Old 02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Everyone is missing the real point here. This dude dinked a freaking moose with a Glock. Shouldnt we all be concerned with finding out what caliber he was shooting.lol
Old 02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Everyone is missing the real point here. This dude dinked a freaking moose with a Glock. Shouldnt we all be concerned with finding out what caliber he was shooting.lol
damn right!

ida just hopped off the snowmobile and barebacked that hoss in a rear naked choke till he dropped.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Yall are arguing over one dead moose. How many get killed by hunters or cars every year? Only thing I think he did wrong was not stopping to put one in its head to make sure it died quick.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,241

we don't know the details... so why speculate! i would have shot his *** too!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

I watched it a second time to be sure. At the 52 second mark that moose started charging again. It then met its fate about 1 second later. I am pretty sure I would've done the same thing and I think the shooter's immediate response to flee for a couple hundred yards proved his fear of the situation. It appears he tried to fire a scare shot about 2 seconds before and it made it worse or didn't help at the very least. I definitely don't have a clue in the snow, but that trail at that spot didn't look like anything was an option but forward It already charged once and IMO came way too close and appeared dangerous. Those hooves will mess you up quick. He might have been young, but plenty big enough to do major damage. unfortunate - yes, but justified IMO. If he wouldn't have shot it and that second attack proved deadly, we would have all called him an idiot to let that happen with a pistol on his side.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Flounder

Cash: 660

Did y'all not see the moose almost stop his a** BEFORE he drew his gun? I don't get it. Put yourself in his shoes He was trail riding and came across a wild animal. 9/10 that animal goes the other way when you ride up on em. . He showed plenty of restraint by allowing that moose to get as close as it did. Bad situation. could he have done something different? Sure, but I guarantee he didn't want that moose stomping his snowmobile.