SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

The thing about tithing is neat for me.........it's one of the areas of the Bible God actually lays down a challenge..........somewhere in Malichi........."test me in this".........

I have, and I have not beat him yet
Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
live it, be it............then you are good...........

I love God, it's his "followers" that scare the hell our of me
Please explain since I'm a follower. I'll admit, I'm imperfect, and I'm a hypocrite trying not to be....but I guess I should not go to Church so I don't offend you or scare the hell out of you...
Old 08-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Ling

Don't get offended here brother...........what I am trying to say is.........many people will "preach" until thier breath is gone but have no faith.

they know how to tell others how to have faith..........how to show up for study.......but have no idea how to live it.

I too am a follower.....

I see the same folks many many times want prayer, walk up and be prayed over, pass out, have convulsions and all the signs..........but at the end of it all have no faith........

I pray for them........

I have not idea why I am blessed beyond what I deserve.......
I am given blind confidence.........no idea why......

Totally confident on who I am ..........could have it all wrong.......but then again........
Old 08-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
The thing about tithing is neat for me.........it's one of the areas of the Bible God actually lays down a challenge..........somewhere in Malichi........."test me in this".........

I have, and I have not beat him yet

Can you recall where it defines what a tithe is and why it was in place?

The verse in Malachi also refers to the storehouse, but in reality what was the storehouse? Why was it needed and who was it for? Was it for God? Does God need you to give him something he already owns(food and animals)? Does he need money, which is supposed to be the root of all evil and something that means nothing in the afterlife and should mean little during this earth age?

How much was outlined to be given, whether monetary or agrarian?

God has to smile more when you give to those around you instead of the brick and mortar business of church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2015, 06:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

The Great Commission
Matthew 28:19-Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

It takes money to spread the gospel message, that's why I tithe. The 10% figure is debatable, but anybody who is trying to live a Christian life should WANT TO contribute something to the furtherment of God's kingdom.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

There is only 1 way to be a believer and that is to believe that Jesus Christ died as a sacrifice for your sins and that he rose from the dead and sits in heaven.

Now, going to church as a believer is a different topic. You don't have to go and nobody is counting your absences except for you and your local church. But just be aware of a couple of things. One, God says he will be present when 2 or more or gathered in His name. There is a real feeling of that presence and it is assuring and comforting. Church is 'one' of the places that happens. Also, God's word tells us that the devil is real and he walks around looking for the weak. Standing with others is a good thing. At times, you will need their strength and at times, they will need your strength. And this leads to the fact that we have all been giving gifts from God. These gifts were given to us to assist 'the body', the family of God. Its no different than God gave our body different parts. We are much stronger as a whole than an individual. Too many of us think we don't matter. We all matter and all have been given something to make our local group of believers stronger.

Church is a way that brings local believers to get together and celebrate God's grace and say thanks, but also that we may stand together in strength and support of one another 24/7/365 not just on Sundays.

Going to and belonging to a local group of believers is much more about playing your part and being there for others than it is about 'getting' anything and definitely not about keeping count.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Can you recall where it defines what a tithe is and why it was in place?

The verse in Malachi also refers to the storehouse, but in reality what was the storehouse? Why was it needed and who was it for? Was it for God? Does God need you to give him something he already owns(food and animals)? Does he need money, which is supposed to be the root of all evil and something that means nothing in the afterlife and should mean little during this earth age?

How much was outlined to be given, whether monetary or agrarian?

God has to smile more when you give to those around you instead of the brick and mortar business of church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree.......however, no one group does more for the poot than the church.......none, nada......

While things are different now, there was a time the poor knew to reach out to the church.......

now I guess it's the government
Old 08-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Bob

OK.. I feel U.. I need a Big Rib Rack..... FREEEE )))))))))
Old 08-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
The Great Commission
Matthew 28:19-Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

It takes money to spread the gospel message, that's why I tithe. The 10% figure is debatable, but anybody who is trying to live a Christian life should WANT TO contribute something to the furtherment of God's kingdom.
sure wish there was a "like" button..... X100
Old 08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Redfish

I'll just say that this morning about 3am, I woke with a very bad headache, even made me nauseated. Almost took a "sick day" from Church. Decided I needed to go and have a visit from God and be uplifted in song, worship, and fellowship. Still had my headache after church, but my soul was stirred this morning. It is unexplainable, but I needed that this morning. Wonderful sermon on God's Holiness, and his demand that we be Holy (not mistake or sin free, but going in the right direction). Our Pastor at Highland Baptist Church in New Iberia hit it out of the park this morning. Ya'll on this thread were in my thoughts this morning and I prayed for each of you. Have a Blessed Day men.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
I'll just say that this morning about 3am, I woke with a very bad headache, even made me nauseated. Almost took a "sick day" from Church. Decided I needed to go and have a visit from God and be uplifted in song, worship, and fellowship. Still had my headache after church, but my soul was stirred this morning. It is unexplainable, but I needed that this morning. Wonderful sermon on God's Holiness, and his demand that we be Holy (not mistake or sin free, but going in the right direction). Our Pastor at Highland Baptist Church in New Iberia hit it out of the park this morning. Ya'll on this thread were in my thoughts this morning and I prayed for each of you. Have a Blessed Day men.
Good for you and thank you for prayers. Seek the comfort and wisdom of God in however you see fit.