SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Andy I'm not here to argue with you. I'm stating truth. And all that stuff you just tried to slander me for could not be farther from the truth. I'm coming from a place of love. I am not here to convert you to my religion or tell you how to raise your family. I'm just sharing some biblical truths with you. I want to see you thrive and be the best husband and father you can possibly be. God wants to be the center of your life. And with God the center of your life, everything else will fall into place. Going to church doesn't save you. Relationship with God and trusting that Jesus is who he says he is does. Love you bro
Old 08-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Is that what God is telling you to do? Or is that what you are telling you to do? The defining factor here is does your beliefs line up with the bible? And if your bible tells you to quit worshipping and stop sharing the gospel because of the possibility of being killed then we need to find you a new bible with all the pages. Because that is not what the bible teaches.

Now let's be realistic God is not wanting you to quit your job and put your family in the poor house because your out on 7-12s once and a while. However if your job allows you no time for worship then you may need to look for a new job. God first, family second, then everything else. If it isn't in that order you've got it wrong. No exceptions
So you would give up your believes (or the five or ten dollars you put in the plate) to provide for your family ??

Or you going to work every day/night that's a church day and keep them out them out of the poor house, off the streets doing wrong it make a quick buck, or you going to support your family and do no matter what it takes to provide for them and teach them your skills when you get a day off??
Old 08-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Andy I'm not here to argue with you. I'm stating truth. And all that stuff you just tried to slander me for could not be farther from the truth. I'm coming from a place of love. I am not here to convert you to my religion or tell you how to raise your family. I'm just sharing some biblical truths with you. I want to see you thrive and be the best husband and father you can possibly be. God wants to be the center of your life. And with God the center of your life, everything else will fall into place. Going to church doesn't save you. Relationship with God and trusting that Jesus is who he says he is does. Love you bro
Very well said, and I respect you more now cause you said it, like I said earlier to each there own for what's best for them and there family. We in agreement here.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
So you would give up your believes (or the five or ten dollars you put in the plate) to provide for your family ??

Or you going to work every day/night that's a church day and keep them out them out of the poor house, off the streets doing wrong it make a quick buck, or you going to support your family and do no matter what it takes to provide for them and teach them your skills when you get a day off??
For me personally if it was a long term thing of 7-12's I would look for another job. Actually have done it before for that reason. God will make a way and provide for me. He has shown me that countless times. And if I'm having to work like that to keep myself afloat then I would downsize and sell some stuff because I must be living too far above my means. Which I have also realized and done before
Old 08-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Um to be honest I would say no IMO. Tithing should be income and time. And the translation of tithe means 10%. It's to help spread the word of god and further his kingdom. Now there's a lot of shady "church" operations out there that you should never let your money see. However there's a lot of church's that should also. Find a church that follows the bible and not someone's own agenda. These are the places that have ppl so against church and even worse Christ these days. If you go to a church and feel like they want your money then you need to find a different church ASAP. If your in the right church, you will know it because you will want to be there worshipping and being part of god's movement throughout that church and the communities that it is affecting. If you feel like your buying some guys luxury car with your tithes, you need to find a new church not stop tithing. Tithing is from god, not being good stewards of it is not of god. Time to find a church that is on track with the bible and God.
Point well made man. I respect the sanctity of the house of God very much. Yes you are correct that everyone has to find a place they feel like is right for them. If it's a multi million dollar church that owns six city blocks then go. If it's a country church that still does dinner on the grounds after sunday school then go. If it's your deer stand or duck blind where you sit there and look at God's creation alone and thank him for making and protecting something as small as you then go. Not everyone walks the same path but I refuse to believe multiple good paths won't meet at the end.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Spot on.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Sailfish

Ones heart has to choose to see God. He can be right in front of you and never seen or he can be found in the simplest seemingly minute things if you choose to allow your heart to see him.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Point well made man. I respect the sanctity of the house of God very much. Yes you are correct that everyone has to find a place they feel like is right for them. If it's a multi million dollar church that owns six city blocks then go. If it's a country church that still does dinner on the grounds after sunday school then go. If it's your deer stand or duck blind where you sit there and look at God's creation alone and thank him for making and protecting something as small as you then go. Not everyone walks the same path but I refuse to believe multiple good paths won't meet at the end.
As long as those paths follow the bible then you sir are correct. Unfortunately you can't trust all churches and church leaders. That's why it's so crucial to read his word and have a personal relationship with God.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Ones heart has to choose to see God. He can be right in front of you and never seen or he can be found in the simplest seemingly minute things if you choose to allow your heart to see him.
BOOM!!! He's there all the time waiting and wanting you just have to seek him
Old 08-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
BOOM!!! He's there all the time waiting and wanting you just have to seek him
Hence my belief. If one truely feels God in church they should go. If one says yeah I need to go to church but doesn't truely have their heart in it they should stay home. If Andy truely finds his peace with God while on his tractor I believe he is absolutely right. If Meaux finds his peace with God in a duck blind I believe he is absolutely right. If you find your peace with God at a church I believe you are absolutely right FF. Seek and you shall find.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983
Default Good stuff you've posted in this thread!

Quote:
As long as those paths follow the bible then you sir are correct. Unfortunately you can't trust all churches and church leaders. That's why it's so crucial to read his word and have a personal relationship with God.

Accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior early on in life and have tried to always put him first by living for him and giving him the first day of the week which is Sunday, as well as giving him the first 10% of my income. Doesn't mean I don't fall short sometimes, but after seeing what he did for me on the cross of Calvary I don't want to live my life any other way. The same goes for my family as well.....I try to lead them according to God's word. Their is one way to eternal life in heaven and that road is narrow according to the bible....only through faith in Jesus Christ, not Allah, Buddha, Mohammad, etc. Unlike these fake gods, Jesus Christ was the only one powerful enough to rise from the grave! Hallelujah, what a savior!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Boom to each there own, I personally don't need someone that went to school and has a following to tell me how to believe in the Lord. It was just a simple question as to what others thank, to expand my thoughts and believes !
Old 08-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderNI View Post
Accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior early on in life and have tried to always put him first by living for him and giving him the first day of the week which is Sunday, as well as giving him the first 10% of my income. Doesn't mean I don't fall short sometimes, but after seeing what he did for me on the cross of Calvary I don't want to live my life any other way. The same goes for my family as well.....I try to lead them according to God's word. Their is one way to eternal life in heaven and that road is narrow according to the bible....only through faith in Jesus Christ, not Allah, Buddha, Mohammad, etc. Unlike these fake gods, Jesus Christ was the only one powerful enough to rise from the grave! Hallelujah, what a savior!
Agreed. I didn't accept The Lord until I was almost 40 years old. He completely changed my life and saved my marriage. I'm far from perfect but I was a complete jerk before.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Agreed. I didn't accept The Lord until I was almost 40 years old. He completely changed my life and saved my marriage. I'm far from perfect but I was a complete jerk before.
Great for you man!!! None of us are perfect by any stretch but thanks to Jesus we are forgiven.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I forgot to respond to the original question of this thread. I go to church every Sunday except during duck season. Then I worship The Lord by watching the marsh come alive with a couple of dear friends. Let me be clear, going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger. What makes you a Christian is having a relationship with Jesus Christ period.... I go to church because I enjoy it and have made some great friends there. It gives me a opportunity to hear Gods word and learn a little more about the bible but it doesn't make me a Christian. Duckman is just as much a Christian and never goes to church (if he believes in Jesus which I believe he does). The only thing that matters is belief in Jesus, not going to church.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
I forgot to respond to the original question of this thread. I go to church every Sunday except during duck season. Then I worship The Lord by watching the marsh come alive with a couple of dear friends. Let me be clear, going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger. What makes you a Christian is having a relationship with Jesus Christ period.... I go to church because I enjoy it and have made some great friends there. It gives me a opportunity to hear Gods word and learn a little more about the bible but it doesn't make me a Christian. Duckman is just as much a Christian and never goes to church (if he believes in Jesus which I believe he does). The only thing that matters is belief in Jesus, not going to church.
You are right and I believe we are all right. Choose your path by faith. Help your neighbor and do no harm unless it is to protect yourself or your family. For those that may think I contradict myself my neighors are part of my family. I will defend them the same as the rest of my pack. I fear not the sheepdog beacause I am the wolf. I dabble not in the means of the shepard. For his flock is his family and he will defend it so. God has set forth a path for me and I will follow it. God Bless you all and do not beat your weapons into plows. They will be needed.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Andy in your original post you seem to be asking a question then making a statement to defend yourself...I don't think you ever have to go to a church...I am catholic and the way I see it you follow the 10 commandments all else falls into place...If it is for you to have to work then maybe thats the way the GOOD LORD intended it...I don't think that makes you no worse than nobody else...As for myself I go to church every sat. afternoon...I do not think I am obligated to go , I go to try and learn more about my faith...To be honest most times I walk out without a clue as to what the sermon was about...Before mass starts I open the book and start reading hoping to get some understanding from it...Once the priest passed by and told me I was on the wrong reading for the day...I told him I just open the book and figure where it falls thats what the GOOD LORD wants me to read today...As for keakar you need another church...I also pass the basket and at least half don't contribute and there is no one to frown upon them....My mother and father wanted me and my 5 sisters to have a catholic education and the priest let us all ,6, 1 thru 8th grade go to the catholic school without a dime ever being paid...There is a food bank at the rectory for anyone who ask's...But it does take a lot of money to keep any building operational....As for a dress code we have whats called the dog people,,,,those who train and field trial their retrievers in the spillway come in full camo and even hip boots and they are most welcome,,,,maybe one day they might bring their dog....The catholic church in winnfield up in north la. in winter is full of hunters in their camo coming in after a hunt .....
Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
You should try to go to church as often as possible. It helps you learn more about god and in a good church you form a solid group of believers that hold each other accountable and help each other stay on track. When a sheep is led away from the pack, it is easily devoured. And satan uses this mindset that I can worship...on the water, on the deer stand,_insert place of hobby_...as a tool to get ahold of you and slowly change you. Before you know it, worshipping at the church regularly becomes a thing of the last and your living like the world. Can you worship at any of these places? Absolutely!!! But are you is the question, or are you putting your hobbies before god? And the bible teaches about tithing among many other things so the "church" is not a made up thing to create revenue

Tithing in the bible is not at all what the church teaches about tithing.

Tithing is not mandated on the church. There are instances where tithing is mentioned in the New Testament, but Jesus is actually pointing out that they are still abiding by an old law while overlooking the main laws in place, I.e. Judgement, mercy and faith. Jesus mentioned tithing twice in this way and both times the tithe he spoke of was agrarian (herbs and spices specifically).

It's amazing to me that people actually give 10% of their income to a guy on a pulpit (who says the money is for God) because he has made them scared of burning in hell, all by manipulating or misinterpreting the words in a book. Read it yourself folks.

Church is an ancient equivalent to Facebook, people just copy, paste and believe - someone we know or like said it, so damnit it's gotta be true!

I'd bet most people who have shared stories from TheOnion are avid tithers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

To answer the specific question asked, "how many times a week does one have to go to church to be a real/true believer (I take that as Christian). ZERO is the answer. The Bible does not say you have to go to Church to be saved. It says to admit you're a sinner, REPENT from your sins (that means turn away), accept Christ as Your personal Savior and "follow him". Then be baptized to show the world you have repented and given your life over to Jesus. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with the Creator, and the Christ. The Bible does say not to forsake the assembling of yourselves. The early Church in Acts gives us examples of assembling together often. Nobody was making them go, they chose so that they could hear the Word of God preached, so they could be be with fellow believers and be strengthened in their faith, and so they could share with others about the saving Grace of Christ. They assembled because they gave their heart over to Jesus, and Jesus became their reason for living. So the question is not how many times do you HAVE to go to church to be saved and be a Christian, but what can keep you from it if you have found the truth of salvation for eternal life. What would keep you from attending to worship Christ with Christian brothers and sisters. Yes work takes us away sometimes, we travel, and sometimes we're so weary and tired we may miss every once in a while, but if it bothers you more to GO to Church than to MISS Church, then maybe you really don't think Christ is worth it and should admit it and move on. Same with any relationship, if there is not relationship, split!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

live it, be it............then you are good...........

I love God, it's his "followers" that scare the hell our of me