SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I will say that although I don't completely agree with all of CC's points I do believe his team is very well trained. I will not talk about anything him and I have talked about but his team is very well trained and on the same page at all times.
I disagree with the cut and dry "we have the guns not you don't" policy. I see were ccp holders could help in a bad situation but I understand hi concern will skill levels of ccp holders. I have witnessed people get a ccp that are just scarey. I think a church clear to carry qualification would be a good thing but it's not my church and not my choice. I'm a small town guy. People that don't belong stand out. By "don't belong" I don't mean we hate new people. Just that new faces are easily picked out from the group.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Maybe it's cause I grew up not far from new orleans......I guess people to the west lead a more sheltered life and now reality is setting in ... I see where guy's want to carry a pistol bow hunting.....Heck when I met up with my now wife I walked the swamp with my father n law trapping with only a hatchet....When the hogs moved in just let them present themself....If someone wants to shoot you they gunna shoot you before they ask if you CC...Maybe you may get the upperhand but I think you in a losing battle....
Old 08-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Sailfish

I see no wrong in having to earn your ability to carry in church but I think the chance to earn it should be offered.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
Maybe it's cause I grew up not far from new orleans......I guess people to the west lead a more sheltered life and now reality is setting in ... I see where guy's want to carry a pistol bow hunting.....Heck when I met up with my now wife I walked the swamp with my father n law with only a hatchet....When the hogs moved in just let them present themself....If someone wants to shoot you they gunna shoot you before they ask if you CC...Maybe you may get the upperhand but I think you in a losing battle....
Nope man reality has been here. He don't have to ask for my cc permit. He can clearly see my gun on my side. Could tyrone come through the door and see my gun and put one in the back of my head? Yep he can. Staticistics have proven time and time again that the average criminal does not want a fight. The odds are ware in my favor that tyrone will see my gun and wait intil I checkout and leave before robbing the place. At that point my gun did it's job. I'm safe and my family is safe. It's not my fault if everyone else in the store didn't bring a gun
Old 08-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Sailfish

Although bubba I agree that no matter how much you train or how good you are doesn't mean you live. Helps your odds but isn't a garuntee.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Nope man reality has been here. He don't have to ask for my cc permit. He can clearly see my gun on my side. Could tyrone come through the door and see my gun and put one in the back of my head? Yep he can. Staticistics have proven time and time again that the average criminal does not want a fight. The odds are ware in my favor that tyrone will see my gun and wait intil I checkout and leave before robbing the place. At that point my gun did it's job. I'm safe and my family is safe. It's not my fault if everyone else in the store didn't bring a gun
Duck I for one would rather see your gun on your side and feel safer then not knowing what you trying to hide.....Think about it ,,,,a criminal is not going to walk in and advertise he has a gun....Guns don't scare me....People hiding guns scare me.....
Old 08-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
Duck I for one would rather see your gun on your side and feel safer then not knowing what you trying to hide.....Think about it ,,,,a criminal is not going to walk in and advertise he has a gun....Guns don't scare me....People hiding guns scare me.....
And sir I could not agree with you more.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I don't know man, if I had it on my mind to shoot people I think the first person I would take out would be anyone who could shoot me back. I know these guys aren't the brightest, but seems like a reasonable assumption. I would much rather no one know that I am carrying.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Red Snapper

Also, I'm in my early thirties. Hardly a youngster anymore. Anyways.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
I don't know man, if I had it on my mind to shoot people I think the first person I would take out would be anyone who could shoot me back. I know these guys aren't the brightest, but seems like a reasonable assumption. I would much rather no one know that I am carrying.
And you have a valid point. Can't argue that. CC is a very good thing but stats show that after the initial CC allowed crime drop it levels off. CC stops crime in progess but does little to prevent it. By the time bad guy finds out you have a gun stuff is getting bad fast. I'm not saying OC prevents crime either but the odds are better it will keep me from being involved in said crime. If I get to walk out of the door what happens after is not my concern. I'll call 911 from my truck if need be.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Also, I'm in my early thirties. Hardly a youngster anymore. Anyways.
Wouldn't say you're a youngster. I'll be 40 next week. Have run about 15, 000 rnds through mu primary comp gun. Another 5/10 k through my other handguns. If ypu wana add in rifle play and hunting we gota be getting close to the 100k mark.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Red Snapper

Well I was accused of being a "hard headed youngster" a little while ago. Just thought I should clear things up.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Red Snapper

I wish I could still shoot that much. With the price of ammo now I have to be careful or i will go broke. It's easy to get carried away though.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

I wonder what God thinks about a security team with guns in the church.

If a pastor feels the need to have armed security, what does that say about his relationship with God (or lack thereof)?
Old 08-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

If a pastor feels the need to have armed security, what does that say about his relationship with God (or lack thereof)?
Actually I believe God would be all for it. There are many references in the bible about a shepherd protecting his flock.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:

Matthew 10:22
Nehemiah 4:9

It says that, although he is a man of God, he cannot control evil.
[SIZE=3]Because we live in a real world in which he recognizes the dangers that are present. To do otherwise is to stick our heads in the sand and ignore an ever-present danger among us[/SIZE]

Vidrine and Duck, I didn't intend to insult you calling you youngsters. To me, you are youngsters, I did my first gig with the Sheriff's Office in 1969, at the age of 16. COMPARED to my old butt, you are youngsters, my youngest daughter is 40, to me, she is still a youngster. It is meant as an endearing term, not an insult.

On a lighter note, let me invite you both to our show Saturday night. I am one of the owners of VFA, Vengeance Fighting Alliance. We promote MMA fights. Saturday at 7 pm in the Rosa Hart Theater at the LC Civic Center, we have 12 bouts. I'll get you comp tickets to come and enjoy the show just so I can meet you. I won't be on the computer much from now till Sunday, busy erecting the cage and getting everything ready for the show. Take a look www.vfamma.com
D
Check out some of our last fights on facebook.

Last edited by CajunChristian; 08-13-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
I wish I could still shoot that much. With the price of ammo now I have to be careful or i will go broke. It's easy to get carried away though.
Yes it can get pricey in a hurry. Reloading will help with the cost if you want to shoot a lot. I even started casting my own bullets about 5 years ago. Only use those for practice though. It's extra work but I enjoy it. Something to do during those cold rainy months.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:

My goodness. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Bad things happen to good people sometimes my friend. Evil is everywhere is this screwed up world we live in.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

If this thread hasn't derailed enough times. I wonder if the Westboro Baptist Church has armed security?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
If this thread hasn't derailed enough times. I wonder if the Westboro Baptist Church has armed security?
I commend Hooper for making possibly the most epic Saltycajun thread of 2015. Bravo sir! You should be proud.

Capt Coon, I seriously doubt they do. That's their whole gimmick. Come to a town and flame a solemn event such as a funeral and hope someone attempts to harm them, then sue the city for millions for failing to adequately protect them. If they had their own security, that would be defeating their purpose.

Since we discussed holsters, Church Security Teams, conceal carry vs. open carry, the legalities of carrying at a church and on private property, the inadequacies of the required firearms training, mega churches vs. small town churches, MMA, and WBC; that only leaves one question left............... 9mm or 45?