SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189
Default Boat build/Motor cost

I am about to start a boat build soon within the next few weeks. I am planning on building a 18 x 56 or 60 not sure yet aluminum flat with a small V....(this is why I was so interested in your boat mstulb)....anyways I know it's wide but I want a good
Wide all purpose boat...I'm right at 2000 for material cost right Now...that includes welding materials and aluminum...I pretty much want a wide open boat that has plenty of room to fish out of and haul stuff up and down the river....any opinions that may better my I dea are welcomed...

My question to you all is what Size motor would you all put on this behemoth?? I want it to be tiller driven. I also am not sure if I'm going new or used yet....this boat will be used alot this summer in hopedale with high gas prices so i need to be able to get some speed out of it....???