SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949
Default big lake

did anyone do any good sat morning in the storm that past threw. we were working birds on north end and it got rough quick.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

I think we saw you. You were in that 17' flatboat just south of the rigs? Looked like a good set.

We didn't do much until after 9 when things settled a bit.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Evans had to rescue 2 guys in a aluminum boat. The boat did sink but they were able to tie it to the bay boat and drag it back to shore.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Trophy Trout

we were in my dads boat we picked 1 and lost about 10 at the boat and then the wind picked up so just rode around to try and teach my dad some of the spots i use to fish.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Flounder

Cash: 649

Saturday was a tough day for me also. Began the morning at 6:00am in Turners. A buddy of mine had been regularly busting them between dawn and 9:00 am under birds. Satuday morning no birds no fish. Moved to Texaco Cut area and picked up a couple in shallow area near shore until wind began picking up around 8:00 with a cloud band associated with some remnant disturbance . Started run from Texaco Cut to south end and was greeted by stiff SE winds , huge swells and muddy water. Checked wind speeds on ndbc capl1 station at cameron jetties. Wind gusts were up to 35 mph. No wonder it was so rough!!! Hope noone was swamped. Winds subsided somewhat around 9:00 but lake was pretty well stirred up from disturbance. Fished reef near mouth of old river channel and butterfly boats. Bro in law's boss caught limit there thursday with HBRG. No fish again. Fished reefs north of old jetties, pipeline, washout,mouth of oyster bayou in west cove, cross reef, etc. Tide cycle and levels were way off from Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service projection. Picked up 4 trout and 5 reds for the day. Looking back, considering the lake conditions I probably should have focused on just fishing the ship channel.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 951

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
Evans had to rescue 2 guys in a aluminum boat. The boat did sink but they were able to tie it to the bay boat and drag it back to shore.
We were in some little fish before we had to go get those guys. I never seen big lake get that big that quick had me nervous!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Trophy Trout

the seas doubled in just minutes. all we needed was 1 more hour there were birds everywhere and were solid fish.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

We had a real tough time finding keeper Trout anywhere yesterday. Lots of 10 inch trout in the main lake yesterday which I thought was wierd for this time of year.