SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 02-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 855
Default Vermilion Bay

Anyone happen to be in Vermilion Bay in the last few days? I want to see if I'm fishing or just going for a boat ride tomorrow. (Hopefully fishing, If anyone is having any luck.)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

finished the work on my boat and was wondering the same thing.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Me too!!!! But I'm just dreaming at work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Fished the Franklin Drainage went out the Jaws, fished hard for Catfish and nothing, water was 49 in the drainage, and 43 in the Jaws, lots of current must have the Chareton Drain open, need some warmer water, but was muddy as heck.
Going to dip in the freezer stock for some fish and pop open some oysters and a cool one today.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
Fished the Franklin Drainage went out the Jaws, fished hard for Catfish and nothing, water was 49 in the drainage, and 43 in the Jaws, lots of current must have the Chareton Drain open, need some warmer water, but was muddy as heck.
Going to dip in the freezer stock for some fish and pop open some oysters and a cool one today.
Figured it would be cold,but not that cold! Gunna take a week of warm weather for it to get right.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

Quote:
Went to Humble Cut on Saturday and fished in the marsh a few places managed a blue cat and a channel cat.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,213

" tom bayou " fyi
Old 02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default c&m

the water on the east side of the point is just cold and muddy, we were out there sunday morning, basically just boat riding, the river is high right now and will be rising, fishing around v.b will be tough this year, you will have to get to marsh island for any thing with scales
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
the water on the east side of the point is just cold and muddy, we were out there sunday morning, basically just boat riding, the river is high right now and will be rising, fishing around v.b will be tough this year, you will have to get to marsh island for any thing with scales
Reds will still be in the bay no matter how fresh the water gets. Just needs to warm up some. Now for trout yeah it will be a while.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

Aww yea soon as it gets warm it's going to be time to tear up some reds in v bay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 503

Lol y'all people give vermilion bay a bad wrap just fish I've caught over 100 reds so far this year in the bay. Reds are stacked up this time of the year find one and you'll probably end up going home with your limit. This past Sunday caught and tagged over 50 reds in the bay. Cold water doesn't bother reds like it does trout as long as water temp is above 40 you will probably catch reds.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Last time was out there, went to Marsh Island, Jan 19 did well with Reds, but it was slow, could not get them to eat the normal baits. I like artificial and the muddy water is tough. All the clouds lately never let me get a good look at where good water may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack attack View Post
Lol y'all people give vermilion bay a bad wrap just fish I've caught over 100 reds so far this year in the bay. Reds are stacked up this time of the year find one and you'll probably end up going home with your limit. This past Sunday caught and tagged over 50 reds in the bay. Cold water doesn't bother reds like it does trout as long as water temp is above 40 you will probably catch reds.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Great White

Quote:
Last time was out there, went to Marsh Island, Jan 19 did well with Reds, but it was slow, could not get them to eat the normal baits. I like artificial and the muddy water is tough. All the clouds lately never let me get a good look at where good water may be.
I much rather fish artificial too but sometimes a big shrimp on a jighead works better.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

I know some guys that been fishing catfish on lines along northern bay and said hes been throwing back as many reds as hes catching catfish.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 629

There are very few spots to fish artificial in and around vbay! An normally only yield small fish. Give your self a chance an use dead shrimp or live bait. May have to fight through some catfish but it's better than catchin damn lady fish on artificial.

This ain't Gi people it's VBay
Old 02-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Trophy Trout

If and when I learn where and how to catch the Blue Cat in VBay, I will be all over that. Set some jugs at the Avery and Commercial Canal on the bay side and did not do well. The place is close and is a way to get out and fish, and it keeps my freezer full when and my neighbors happy too! The right time of year, I normally dont have much trouble with specs, reds and flounder. We also get a a few Crab and shrimp too.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 629

I tell ya what about 3 years ago we were fishing trout in weeks bay right out of shark bayou. Using live shrimp. We could catch 5 trout then a blue cat then 5 trout then a blue cat. I have never seen that. I jug to the west of you an do very good during the winter months. Maybe try weeks bay! Let me know if you do.

Tight lines
Old 02-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
If and when I learn where and how to catch the Blue Cat in VBay, I will be all over that. Set some jugs at the Avery and Commercial Canal on the bay side and did not do well. The place is close and is a way to get out and fish, and it keeps my freezer full when and my neighbors happy too! The right time of year, I normally dont have much trouble with specs, reds and flounder. We also get a a few Crab and shrimp too.

This time of year last year I was at palmetto state park and they had a guy launching with a deck boat ( like a pontoon) and wearing their butts out on jugs. I stayed there two days and so did he, his ice chest was slam full every day. 2+2=cats?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Great White

The bayous off shark bayou are also good for catfish. My grandpaw and I used to run lines out of intracoastal city by little bay and 4 mile. We would load the boat this time of the year with cut mullet. We always did best baiting late in the afternoon and let it soak overnight and check the next morning.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

I've also caught some nice catfish off of onion bayou off the 4 mile. Baiting them late in the afternoon and letting them soak over night is for sure the ticket.