SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

lets hook it up mallard. im thinkin bout in august when the heat is on maybe the full moon, i think them gals will be out in droves ta feed by the lights. waddaya think?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

who are these lights made by?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I have fished w/ the green lights off a dock at grand isle. WOW is all i can say.
We pulled fish away from the HPS lights that were shining down into the water.
They are fantastic. Not familiar w/ big Lake but I'm sure that they will work great over the reefs.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Ling

hey heat23, go search night fishing lights on ya search engine...holdon, ill get the site for ya.http://www.fishinglights.com/ there ya go. a lil expensive but dude wwaaayyyyy brighter than any other light ive seen
Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 852

I've used the 4fter's with pretty good success. Here's how I use them, you'll need some weights to hold them under the boat. I usually use a small coffee can filled with cement, or a 5lb on each end. I attach the light off of each cleat and make sure it hangs at least a foot under the bottom of the boat. Tie wraps work good here. The light reflecting off the hull helps. I also usually use 2 lights, one for each side.
I've never had much luck with arty's under them although I've heard some have. I generally start with shrimp, or mullet, but keep a 5ft long small diameter mesh bait net ready for when the glass minnow show up. These are the best bait you'll find...IMO.
Carolina rig with a #8 treble, or #2 Kahle, and a weight suitable enough to keep the bait under the light, or near it. If the currents running hard and your bait is 50ft away from the light, your limiting your chances.
The other thing is water depth...never done good up shallow. 8-12 ft depth and your in the zone, at least thats my experiance.
Sometimes it takes awhile for the fish to show up, a little current is good, a whole lot isn't...timing is everything so check tide charts.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Ling

yeah i was thinkin that i would hafta get a long extension to the plug to get it away from the boat. so its not necessary ta get it out far from the boat? that saves me a headache,just tie it on to a cleat thats cool.i have the model with the weight built in to the bottom of the unit.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
I've used the 4fter's with pretty good success. Here's how I use them, you'll need some weights to hold them under the boat. I usually use a small coffee can filled with cement, or a 5lb on each end. I attach the light off of each cleat and make sure it hangs at least a foot under the bottom of the boat. Tie wraps work good here. The light reflecting off the hull helps. I also usually use 2 lights, one for each side.
I've never had much luck with arty's under them although I've heard some have. I generally start with shrimp, or mullet, but keep a 5ft long small diameter mesh bait net ready for when the glass minnow show up. These are the best bait you'll find...IMO.
Carolina rig with a #8 treble, or #2 Kahle, and a weight suitable enough to keep the bait under the light, or near it. If the currents running hard and your bait is 50ft away from the light, your limiting your chances.
The other thing is water depth...never done good up shallow. 8-12 ft depth and your in the zone, at least thats my experiance.
Sometimes it takes awhile for the fish to show up, a little current is good, a whole lot isn't...timing is everything so check tide charts.

Hope this helps.
i was thinkin of tryin near the dropoff on the lake coupla good flats and reefs near a dropoff. i think thatll be a good spot
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Ling

thanks for the pointers flatout, i appreciate it. when we go ill post a thread a nd letcha know how we do, thanks again
Old 07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
lets hook it up mallard. im thinkin bout in august when the heat is on maybe the full moon, i think them gals will be out in droves ta feed by the lights. waddaya think?
That sounds good...It will have to be on a Fri. or Sat. night...I love to night fish...just PM me when it gets closer, and we can set something up...Thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Ling

sounds great mallard, ill holla atcha
Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Redfish

If your using the ones with a weight in the bottom tie the cord end to one cleat and hang vertically. This will work too, I just have the other types. My buddy has those type and we've done well. Mine are more the green light type and his are the moon glow type bulb.

When the glass minnows come in you gotta be quick with the net. They're hard to catch, the secret is to be quick.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Redfish

Quote:
i was thinkin of tryin near the dropoff on the lake coupla good flats and reefs near a dropoff. i think thatll be a good spot

Drops are good. I've done the flats in West galveston and never had any luck. Passes, jetty's, well's, deeper reefs...yes. Also, you won't catch them like you do under say overhead lights, I've never seen them start slamming bait out of the water like that. Its more of a bite here and there type fishing.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Hope this helps.

Good info....But I dont use live bait or dead.....They have no choice but to bit on plastic!!!! use a small jig head with sparkle beetle or grub
Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Good info....But I dont use live bait or dead.....They have no choice but to bit on plastic!!!! use a small jig head with sparkle beetle or grub
Crappie jigs, or tubes with the head hidden might work. I get on a tough light bite thats what works...just never had any luck with arty's under green lights. Par64 1000watts ....i'll use nothing but artys.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Ling

Brew

Quote:
Crappie jigs, or tubes with the head hidden might work. I get on a tough light bite thats what works...just never had any luck with arty's under green lights. Par64 1000watts ....i'll use nothing but artys.
thanks for the info flatout, you are alright. thats what i luv bout this site, everyone wants ta help each other out, and a lil**** talkin always keeps us lol....thanks man,if ya ever in my neck o the woods, holla, you are always welcome..thanks again.....
Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Redfish

Quote:
thanks for the info flatout, you are alright. thats what i luv bout this site, everyone wants ta help each other out, and a lil**** talkin always keeps us lol....thanks man,if ya ever in my neck o the woods, holla, you are always welcome..thanks again.....

Thanks...I might do that. Been wanting to come whack some La fish for awhile just never can get around to it.

My take:
There's alot more people I'd like to FU than a bunch of non Texans...how about some non Americans? Seems we got plenty anti-USA azzes that deserve more **** slinged there way than y'all. Well of course, then there's that "W" dude....he does seem to be a lil ***** a lot of the time, but still not worthy of an azz whoopin......yet!

In the end...it's all fun and BS anyway. Anyone that takes this **** too serious, needs to get a life and seek counseling!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Ling

In the end...it's all fun and BS anyway. Anyone that takes this **** too serious, needs to get a life and seek counseling! amen to that !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Tripletail

When your ready to head out at night let me know so I can get the ok from the boss cause I'm gonna Potlick bigtime. LOL
Seriously let me know, cause it's just to damn hot for youngens out there. That away we'll have 2 boats incase one of us gets in a bind. Night time is tricky for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRob View Post
When your ready to head out at night let me know so I can get the ok from the boss cause I'm gonna Potlick bigtime. LOL
Seriously let me know, cause it's just to damn hot for youngens out there. That away we'll have 2 boats incase one of us gets in a bind. Night time is tricky for me.
ill letcha know what and when we gonna hook this trip up. and yeah, bring ya yungun, ill try this out once first and then ill bring my boy, dont wanna have a panic attack and be tryin ta get it all hooked up and get him upset..lol
Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
ill letcha know what and when we gonna hook this trip up. and yeah, bring ya yungun, ill try this out once first and then ill bring my boy, dont wanna have a panic attack and be tryin ta get it all hooked up and get him upset..lol

Let him hook it up, if he's liek my 7 yr old he knows more about electrionics than me,