SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
Obviously I'm not a "believer" but this crap about everything good happening is gods work is a joke. You worked your butt off, take credit for it, a fairly tale had nothing to do with it.
If you were wrong would you want to know? Eternal is too long to be wrong.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

While I'm not a bible thumper, I do believe that God has control of everything. Yes, even the catch of the day.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 610

Yes, you can have great days without believing in God, although I can no longer imagine a day without thanking God for all the gifts he has given to me. He's not going to take them away just because you don't thank him for them. I've always have had a strong belief in my abilities. However there came a point when all of my efforts and abilities could not solve my problems. I was whipped down, tired and depressed. I was raised to believe in God but I don't think I truely believed, maybe understood is a better word. I gave up on my abilities and sincerely prayed: Father, I've done everything I can do. It's your problem. Immediately the stress and depression was gone and I felt like my prayer had been answered. The next day the problem was solved. I thank my parents for teaching me were to turn, but I believe in God because of things that he has done in my life that human abilities alone can't.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitramiii View Post
Guys.........its apparent after his last post that he's picking a fight. The best thing all of you can do is not respond!!! Your feeding him with anything you say from here on. You can't argue (and win) with a fool.
exactly, well said
Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
So he had nothing to do with it himself? He doesn't have the ability to be focused, or grounded without god? He gives up on everything he tries without "gods" help. So if he has a good hunting trip god made it happen, if he has a bad one its the devils fault? Let me guess, this is the part where "god has a plan" comes into play.
Obviously I'm not a "believer" but this crap about everything good happening is gods work is a joke. You worked your butt off, take credit for it, a fairly tale had nothing to do with it.
How do you get so butthurt over something you don't believe in? Always wondered that about people like you. I don't believe in unicorns but I'm not going to get butthurt if my neighbor does. They can even put a unicorn statue in their yard for all I care. I don't believe in it so I'll ignore it and carry on. Maybe people like you should try that phylosophy? And don't give the "religion is shoved down our throat" bs either. You chose to comment even after reading the title.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,627

Might have to renew my Premium Membership today...
Old 07-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
Might have to renew my Premium Membership today...
Yeah man but I would be shocked if our butthurt newbie was willing to pay six bucks to come on here and show disrespect to T Warren.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

I don't want to walk on the Praise on this thread, but I feel the need to say something that has been said many many times..."There are no atheists in a foxhole"....I say this from personal experience, too many times I should not still be here, yet by the Grace of God I am. Not going to go into specifics, but I do believe....
For fishfish, it is your right to believe what you want...I will never "push" my beliefs on you sir...if asked I would share what I have been through and why I believe.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Ling

I dont want this going premium because I don't have a premium membership either. I am not here to argue, and I am not so offended and fired up as many are on my behalf. My posts are coming from a humble heart and true concern. I would love to be able to share the gospel with Fishfish because I love him and am truly concerned. If he wants to hear what I have to say, the ball is in his court. However if he does not want to, I am not going to force him by posting it without his request. If he doesn't then that is his choice. I would love to share with anyone who is interested. Over the last few weeks God has been laying this on my heart. Months and even weeks ago I would have just minded my own business but by doing that I am not doing what I am commanded to do and therefore I would have his/their blood on my hands. I am thankful for the work God is doing in me and my family right now and am ready to be bolder than I ever have been for the Lord.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
How do you get so butthurt over something you don't believe in? Always wondered that about people like you. I don't believe in unicorns but I'm not going to get butthurt if my neighbor does. They can even put a unicorn statue in their yard for all I care. I don't believe in it so I'll ignore it and carry on. Maybe people like you should try that phylosophy? And don't give the "religion is shoved down our throat" bs either. You chose to comment even after reading the title.
Good point Duckman1911.....if he is not a believer why open the thread and comment......just a guess....."Sh&t stir"....
Old 07-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his Enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".
Old 07-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,335

Started another thread to debate religion

General Discussion (Everything Else): Deity debate - SaltyCajun.com

Stay on topic.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Started another thread to debate religion

General Discussion (Everything Else): Deity debate - SaltyCajun.com

Stay on topic.

Laying down the law while in recovery! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his Enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".
Truer words were never spoken my friend
Old 07-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
I dont want this going premium because I don't have a premium membership either. I am not here to argue, and I am not so offended and fired up as many are on my behalf. My posts are coming from a humble heart and true concern. I would love to be able to share the gospel with Fishfish because I love him and am truly concerned. If he wants to hear what I have to say, the ball is in his court. However if he does not want to, I am not going to force him by posting it without his request. If he doesn't then that is his choice. I would love to share with anyone who is interested. Over the last few weeks God has been laying this on my heart. Months and even weeks ago I would have just minded my own business but by doing that I am not doing what I am commanded to do and therefore I would have his/their blood on my hands. I am thankful for the work God is doing in me and my family right now and am ready to be bolder than I ever have been for the Lord.
And you keep on doing what you're doing bro. We got your back.
Oh BTW I was so ticked I never actually said congrats to you. Congratulations man.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Sailfish

Looks like newfish stirred the pot too much.lol
Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Ling

Thanks duck
Old 07-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker23 View Post
Yes, you can have great days without believing in God, although I can no longer imagine a day without thanking God for all the gifts he has given to me. He's not going to take them away just because you don't thank him for them. I've always have had a strong belief in my abilities. However there came a point when all of my efforts and abilities could not solve my problems. I was whipped down, tired and depressed. I was raised to believe in God but I don't think I truely believed, maybe understood is a better word. I gave up on my abilities and sincerely prayed: Father, I've done everything I can do. It's your problem. Immediately the stress and depression was gone and I felt like my prayer had been answered. The next day the problem was solved. I thank my parents for teaching me were to turn, but I believe in God because of things that he has done in my life that human abilities alone can't.
Thanks for your testimony brother, strength and faith is best shared through personal experiences.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Congratulations, sir. I have a friend who pursued this and gave up because it's such an arduous task. Kudos to you for sticking in there!