SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 600
Default Big Lake weekley up-date

MONDAY MORNING UP-DATE
FROM THE SPECKLED TROUT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
HACKBERRY ROD AND GUN

[SIZE=4]BREAKING OUTDOOR NEWS[/SIZE]
I LOVE SEPTEMBER – What could be better - - - Fishing for trout and redfish, caching gators, shooting teal, shooting dove, James’ gumbo is back for lunch and the weather begins to cool off and the BIG WHITE are running out of the marsh. Can you tell I’m excited September and October ?
Let’s start with fishing on the lake. Good catches of Redfish, trout and some flounder are beginning to show up now. Most catches are coming on live bait, Gulp and Hackberry Hustlers rigged on light lead heads. Call the “DUCKETTS” toll free at 888.762.3391 and get one of them to hook you up. Here are a few pictures and you can see them all by clicking here
CLICK ON PICTURE TO VIEW its ORIGINAL SIZE

[SIZE=4]TEAL SEASON OPENED SATURDAY MORNNG WITH A BANG ! ! ![/SIZE]
The fast flying blue winged birds invaded southwest Louisiana and 122 of them staid around for a visit to the picking house. They just did not fly fast enough to our run those little 12 gauge BB’s. Check out the YUMMY RECIPE below. We only have a 16 days season that closes the end of September so call toll free at 888.762.3391 and check availability. This is a gentleman’s hunt and you will never get you feet wet. Besides that James’ gumbo will be waiting when you return. Here are some pictures from this weekend.
CLICK ON PICTURE TO VIEW its ORIGINAL SIZE

[SIZE=4]ONLY ABOUT 6 WEEKS LEFT TO CATCH FISH ON THE NIGHT STALKER[/SIZE]
Captain Jason tells me that the cool Louisiana evenings on the boat are unforgettable. Besides a GREAT experience the fishing is has been quick and fast. October is one of the most productive months in terms of catching speckled trout. We will stop running the boat on October 31 but we still have a few open dates. Call and check it out. Click here for more information

[SIZE=4]NATIONALLY FAMOUS SPORTSMAN DAVE HOLDER VISITS HR&G[/SIZE]
Old friend Dave Holder and his son-in-law Tim visited the lodge this past weekend to catch some fish, shoot some ducks and harvested a 9 foot alligator. Dave is the producer of one of the best truly fishing shows in the country in Houston at George Brown center. It was good seeing him swapping a few stories (mostly lies) before he headed back. Come back again soon.

[SIZE=4]COMING NEXT WEEK[/SIZE]
ONLY LIVE AND IN LIVING COLOR CAMERA FEED DIRECT FROM THE CLEANING DOCK AT HACKBERRY ROD & GUN
STAY TUNED TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS CATCH LIVE FROM THE CLEANING DOCK EVERY DAY
“TALK ABOUT FRESH FISH”

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A WEEKEND PLACE ON THE WATER TO SPEND THE WEEKEND ?
Check out
[SIZE=4]HACKBERRY ROD & GUN VACATION RENTALS[/SIZE]
We have added an additional brand new 3 bedroom 2 ½ bath town home to our vacation rental properties. This beautiful new home with an in the water boat lift is located right across the street from the lodge. Here are a couple of pictures of this beautiful vacation weekend home and you can see them all by clicking here. Gather up the family and come spend a few days at the speckled trout capital of the world.

[SIZE=4]THIS WEEKS YUMMY RECIPE[/SIZE]
As you have read Teal season open this past weekend so I chose this recipe to be able to tell you this story. Each year in mid January the weekend after duck season HR&G sponsors a fund raiser for the School here in Hackberry. It’s called the “DUCK OFF” and pits the best duck cooks from the area. Guide Max Broussard, lodge owner Guy Stansel and myself decided to cook the below shown recipe right outside the building in the parking lot. After a couple of adult beverages we decided to eat them and never turned them in for judging. Believe me THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST PLACE. Maybe next year - - - Enjoy
MAX BROUSSARD’S DEEP-FRIED WHOLE DUCK
6 cleaned and plucked ducks – Teal if you have them
Hackberry Rod & gun Seasoning or Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning (call the lodge for seasoning)
How much ever hog lard you need for frying
Season ducks inside and out with seasoning. Heat oil to 300 degrees and add ducks. Fry for 7 minutes per pound. Let cool and enjoy. Serve with new potatoes, green beans and some good French bread. WOO HOO

[SIZE=4]My Thought[/SIZE].
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Have a great week and remember "Ya Shoulda been here yesterday"
Poohdreaux