SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Trash fishing

Well, I will be posting some pics later today of a boat my buddy from Shreveport just aquired. He is a redneck from OK, orginally, then ARK, now lives in the great state of LA. We have kids the same age, and he and his wife have been wanting to follow us during our fishing trip for some time. So he calls me up and said he needed a boat. Well, I sent him a bunch of used boats that were on the internet, and he bought a used 31' Contender w/ twin Yammy 250's. The boat is in great shape, except for some TLC on the fiberglass outside, which I will post pictures of later today.

Here's the deal, he wants me to take him out this Sunday to show him how to run the boat. So, to make it interesting for the kids, I will bring some big rods and run down the the Cameron jetties for black drum and anything else that will bite while sitting on anchor in a 31' boat. Once the seas lay down, if the forecast is correct, I will run them out to hook some sharks since none of these rednecks have ever seen one up close. My question is this, does anyone know if the bait stand in Cameron has some crab, or can I get a phone #.

Thanks, and "W" better watch out, I will be in a boat w/ a T-top on Sunday! LOL!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Be sure to use a boga
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Well, I will be posting some pics later today of a boat my buddy from Shreveport just aquired. He is a redneck from OK, orginally, then ARK, now lives in the great state of LA. We have kids the same age, and he and his wife have been wanting to follow us during our fishing trip for some time. So he calls me up and said he needed a boat. Well, I sent him a bunch of used boats that were on the internet, and he bought a used 31' Contender w/ twin Yammy 250's. The boat is in great shape, except for some TLC on the fiberglass outside, which I will post pictures of later today.

Here's the deal, he wants me to take him out this Sunday to show him how to run the boat. So, to make it interesting for the kids, I will bring some big rods and run down the the Cameron jetties for black drum and anything else that will bite while sitting on anchor in a 31' boat. Once the seas lay down, if the forecast is correct, I will run them out to hook some sharks since none of these rednecks have ever seen one up close. My question is this, does anyone know if the bait stand in Cameron has some crab, or can I get a phone #.

Thanks, and "W" better watch out, I will be in a boat w/ a T-top on Sunday! LOL!
I nearly shed a tear with that statement! Talk about a flashback and thank you for recognizing that we are rednecks!

BTW, sharks will mess em up! Hell, the first time I saw an alligator while in a boat, I like to caused a friggin wreck! That coonarse cussed me! I was pointin and he was lookin! He said, "%#$%#$@ boy, I tot somebody be drownin ova dehr and you pointin at some bebet Gata!" Oh, I miss my buddies from Vacherie!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Quote:

So let me get this straight, this guy just bought a 31' contender and doesn't even know how to run it?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellPepperHead View Post
So let me get this straight, this guy just bought a 31' contender and doesn't even know how to run it?

Uhhhhhhhh.......that is correct! Which means I will be with him on only a few trips, so you guys better watch out!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Quote:
Uhhhhhhhh.......that is correct! Which means I will be with him on only a few trips, so you guys better watch out!!!!

Wow.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Wow.

You can say that again!!!!!! His first purchase of the list I made him was an EPIRB.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM
King Mackeral

BTT - Any help on the bait situation?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Assuming you will have to launch out of Cal Pt, I would try and catch some crabs there. Holla at me, I have some drop nets that you can use and I will meet ya at Cormie's. It should not take long to boat enough crabs to catch enough wall hangers. Or, you could Jump over Lambert's and really catch some crabs.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Bryan......buy some dozen mullet at cormies and cut into 1inch chunks......works great
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Bryan......buy some dozen mullet at cormies and cut into 1inch chunks......works great
Cormies has got all the bait you need...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

he is not going to try to fish birds in the lake in that is he????
Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
he is not going to try to fish birds in the lake in that is he????
Nope.......He has already recieved the Holy Book of fishing from me, and I have warned him. If I hear of any "potlicking" he will be punished, and furthermore, this boat will only be allowed in the lake to reach Harbor Lights for food and cocktails!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

Quote:
Nope.......He has already recieved the Holy Book of fishing from me, and I have warned him. If I hear of any "potlicking" he will be punished, and furthermore, this boat will only be allowed in the lake to reach Harbor Lights for food and cocktails!
Cacahoes T boy! Bought ready to hit that place up too!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Bryan......you need some steel leaders?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Cacahoes T boy! Bought ready to hit that place up too!
Oh yeah - that's what I meant!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

Quote:
That's one hell of a 'starter boat'. I would highly advise taking the class that the Coast Guard Floatilla offers for boat owners. Although I've been on the water since I was old enough to walk, I learned quite a bit from these classes...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Nice boat, its a good thing that he doesn't have to worry about the price of gas this summer...