SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 12-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748
Default Kenner 23v - any owners here?

I posted this on another forum but apparently no one has this boat over there..

If there are any Kenner 23v owners here, can you please tell me what engine you are running, your cruise and WOT numbers?

I'm looking to repower a 23v project boat I have, but would like to find some real world numbers on these boats. I have talked to a couple Blazer Bay 2400 owners, but that boat weighs about 450 pounds less. I could only assume that I would have to run an inch or so less in pitch to compensate for the extra weight of the 23v. (assuming the boats are setup identical and loaded the same)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

i don't know the numbers, but i drove a customers 23v with a 250 zuke and loved it. didn't get to wot, but ran it up to about 45 or so. was really impress with how fast it got on plane and how well it handled in reverse and around the docks. real light feel and a fairly shallow draft.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Thank you! If there is anyway possible you could find out more I would GREATLY appreciate it! From what I've read about the Suzuki is that it's takes a while to find the right prop but the gearing is playing a large roll in that.

Right now I'm looking at a Suzuki 300, Verado Pro 300 and possibly a Merc 250 ProXS.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

The new Blazer 2400s weigh close to same as old Kenner 23. Lake Area marine had them add 400lbs to boat to equal the 23v Kenner. Call Kyle at Lake Area he can help you I'd think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Thank you! If there is anyway possible you could find out more I would GREATLY appreciate it! From what I've read about the Suzuki is that it's takes a while to find the right prop but the gearing is playing a large roll in that.

Right now I'm looking at a Suzuki 300, Verado Pro 300 and possibly a Merc 250 ProXS.
i don't have the guys number anymore, but what i know is that it was an 2008 model hull, which is the last year they made em i think, and the prop was a 21p, no idea what diameter. no T-Top, no frills inside. the fan tail had a covered battery box on one side and a small live well on the other. if i ever get out of my Pathfinder, i'll be shopping for that hull. lots of possibilities. good luck.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks! I had PM'd another member who has a 23v and a 250 Zuk. He's numbers sound good and he's going to give me more details the next time he's out on the water. Lookin forward to hearing more from him.

I appreciate all the info this far!