SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default Paranormal activity

What your take on this topic? Do you believe in paranormal activity? Or Is this just tv entertainment?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Yep I believe it. My parents house is haunted. Me and my cousins saw some stuff back in the day and we aren't the only ones with those stories. It's cool cause it's a good ghost though
Old 09-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Yep
Old 09-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Yep I believe it. My parents house is haunted. Me and my cousins saw some stuff back in the day and we aren't the only ones with those stories. It's cool cause it's a good ghost though
Cooks breakfast?
Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Yes, have had some experiences with the paranormal.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

do I believe in it..... yes

do I go out of my way to find it.... no
Old 09-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post

I feel you on this one I not looking for it at all!!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGib View Post
Cooks breakfast?
eggsactly
Old 09-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 773

Stayed in the Emily Morgan in San Antonio....I believe in em.

I didn't disbelieve, nor believe before this stay. frankly, i didn't really care. Wife was excited to check out this hotel after i booked it not even knowing it was haunted. Stayed three nights, ended up switching rooms after the second night because we couldn't sleep. we were on the 7th floor. This is considered one of the more haunted floors (think it was used for children's surgery - or something crazy like that)(this place was initially a hospital). moved down to the 3rd floor. was actually able to sleep the entire night.

Have about 5 or 6 events that happened that made me a believer.
the couple that sticks out in my mind....wife and i were about to go to sleep, i heard something whisper in my ear. "heeeyyyyy, stooopppppp"....almost thought it was my wife...I freaked out, but didn't say anything. didn't want to startle my wife...turns out the next day, my wife had heard the same thing and she was freaking out too.

Kids - running up and down the haul laughing screaming giggling (running past our door) we are at a dead end. 2-3-4 AM in the morning. would wait until I would hear them right outside the door....POP! my head out. nothing, nodda, no-one there. silence. look out the key hole while this was going on, NOBODY. Asked the hotel clerk the next morning. No kids above us, below us, or on the same floor.

Metal carts squeeking by - sounded like medical equipment (Metal wheeled trays, stainless stuff). ALLLLL the way to our door and then past it.... We were at a dead end!!!!! I've got goosebumps typing this.

My wife caught some paranormal activity on camera.
This was next door in the Menger (another, MORE haunted one). She was walking around with an employee.
Wife was snapping pictures in a hall just randomly taking pictures. she took two in the same spot down a long hall. At the end of the haul is a mirror. one picture looked normal, the other picture looked like it had a person in it....we made it out to be teddy Roosevelt. He frequented there recruiting his rough riders.
We showed the hotel historian, and his comment was "oh yea, sure nough thats teddy, we always see him around, not usually in the day though"...needless to say he wasn't as shocked as we were.

On a side note..the employees of these hotels do not really promote these places as being haunted...it's just normal to them. they could care less. It's almost as if they feel that it would keep business away. The majority of the people we came across staying in this hotel didn't realize it is haunted. I'm sure alot of the in-explainable sounds and events just get shrugged off.

Anyway...that's my ghost story. check out those two hotels..the history on them are both interesting. Many important people stayed at both of them throughout the times.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGib View Post
Cooks breakfast?
haha now thats a good ghost!!

pays the note on the boat as well
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post

This.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
eggsactly
Now that's funny
Old 09-10-2014, 02:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

As a Bible believing Christian, I gotta say that the Bible gives ample testimony of the reality of a supernatural world and a significant influence of the supernatural world in the natural world. I can give many examples from personal experience, but at some point hearers committed to a materialistic philosophy conclude that I am lying, deluded, or insane. But there is ample testimony in Christian literature also: Blumhardt's Battle, The Beautiful Side of Evil, He Came to Set the Captives Free.

Acknowledging this is not to say that everything that goes bump in the night is "paranormal." I expect that many things have natural explanations.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
As a Bible believing Christian, I gotta say that the Bible gives ample testimony of the reality of a supernatural world and a significant influence of the supernatural world in the natural world. I can give many examples from personal experience, but at some point hearers committed to a materialistic philosophy conclude that I am lying, deluded, or insane. But there is ample testimony in Christian literature also: Blumhardt's Battle, The Beautiful Side of Evil, He Came to Set the Captives Free.

Acknowledging this is not to say that everything that goes bump in the night is "paranormal." I expect that many things have natural explanations.
Yep