SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Default Great weekend on Big Lake

Drove down to Cameron Friday to meet a buddy (Riceland) for a weekend of fishing for the Fishing for Memories Rodeo. He and another buddy were just getting off the water with a mixed box. We fried those fish up for a fresh diner than hit the pier. The tide was ripping and we weren't getting any bites. the people next to us were racking up the hardheads.

Saturday morning we hit the water around 7 and went to the jetties. We stayed there for a little while with no luck so we moved on. We bounced around picking up a mixed box of reds, croakers, and flatties. I was throwing an assortment of plastics and my buddy pulled out the shrimp. I almost jumped out the boat and swam a figure eight around that beeoch and went back to the camper. Then I realized what the Hell does it matter, I want to catch some fish!! I also caught my first fish on my new Deuce rod, a damn sheepshead; then we headed back to the camper for some lunch. After a nap (getting older sucks) and a few cooking shows on LPB we hit the water again determined to catch that moster to weigh in! We hit a few spots on the lower end of the lake picking off some good eating sized croakers and flatties. I stuck a pig of a croaker and Riceland hooked into a bid nasty and hoped that they would get us on the board for the tourney. Later in the afternoon we found a spot with decent water and tons of bait. We were catching 20"-25" reds left and right. We left them biting because it was getting dark and the lights on the boat weren't working.

Sunday we headed back where we were the night before. It took a little searching, but we found the reds ready to bite again. We fished until we had to leave to make it to Intercoastal for the weigh in. My croaker came in at 1.14 lbs and put me in 2nd place and Riceland's big nasty was 1-1/2 lbs out of the money. We had some really nice reds, but they weren't even worth weighing in. All in all, we had an awesome weekend!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Ling

Here's some pics
Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Ling

The deuce rods first catch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340680764.999707.jpg (55.9 KB, 336 views)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,573

Congrats on second place! $300 bonez in ur pocket!
Ole switchboard sagrera won first!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBolt23 View Post
Congrats on second place! $300 bonez in ur pocket!
Ole switchboard sagrera won first!
I would have loved to see that croaker. That thing must have been a monster!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Nice fish!!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

That's a black drum in that pic o the first Duce rod catch and that optima battery won't do well on that cement in the pic of the fish on da table
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
That's a black drum in that pic o the first Duce rod catch and that optima battery won't do well on that cement in the pic of the fish on da table
From my understanding, putting a battery on the ground is not an issue anymore. It used to be but the cases have been upgraded where it doesn't draw the charge out of them anymore.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

I put one on the cement on a towel n it got ruined may have been a quinceidence but idk