SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551
Default Vehicle break in....Maplewood Sulphur Area

Had my truck rummaged through last night. Also my neighbors. Luckily enough they didn't take anything of value. they were starting to work on my amplifier....i guess they got scared off.

Maplewood area near the pool/park. Officer also said that 10 or so vehicles hit around the East End Ave area. Lock your trucks/cars I'm too complacent I guess.

These are kids btw, which blows my mind...as to where are their parents to be letting them run around 1 am or so???...but I forget kids are just a hassle to raise nowadays...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Secondly, I thought to myself "Thank god i did not have my pistol in my truck!" I used to carry a .22 in my console. I surely did not want this in the hands of kids....so a warning to you who keep a gun in the truck...take it out every night or your arming a dumb *** kid.....
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Well at least they didn't get anything. Last time my truck was broken into I found it 5 days later on enterprise blvd and they got my .45
Old 09-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Well at least they didn't get anything. Last time my truck was broken into I found it 5 days later on enterprise blvd and they got my .45
yep, consider myself lucky. I'm willing to bet the turds who stole your truck started out like the ones that got into mine.

I wouldn't use deadly force, but I should would like to scare the **** out of them...let them know what can happen if they continue.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 671

thanks for spreading the awareness sulphite...
Old 09-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 742

I'm posting this on behalf of a neighbor down the street from me. South Hazel and Ouida St. This happened just the other day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (80.8 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (66.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (50.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Its a shame you now have to lock up your entire boat and trailer now. You can't blame it on neighborhood kids. It has to be someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 739

Nimbus I live just on the other side of hazel I saw the sign as well. These thieves have been in the area for awhile now, they seem to be targeting easy prey items. As much as I hate it I now lock my trucks and shop, I have lived here for better then 10 years with no problems. I hate that this is where things are going but I bet we have only seen the start of the crime we are going to see. What to do? We must all pull together and be aware of the people around us, I know every vehicle in the neighborhood, and my retired neighbor knows every blade of grass. If someone turns around in my driveway he calls me. We are going to have to look out for each other cause no one else is! Sorry Flame Off!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213
Hairout

Don't worry Sulphur is building more section 8 as fast as they can. I'm sure that will make it all better.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed68 View Post
Nimbus I live just on the other side of hazel I saw the sign as well. These thieves have been in the area for awhile now, they seem to be targeting easy prey items. As much as I hate it I now lock my trucks and shop, I have lived here for better then 10 years with no problems. I hate that this is where things are going but I bet we have only seen the start of the crime we are going to see. What to do? We must all pull together and be aware of the people around us, I know every vehicle in the neighborhood, and my retired neighbor knows every blade of grass. If someone turns around in my driveway he calls me. We are going to have to look out for each other cause no one else is! Sorry Flame Off!!!!

Yup, looking out for each other is all you can do and lock your stuff up.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Flounder

Cash: 742

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed68 View Post
I have had things walk off over the years. Most recently a chainsaw, hunting bucket, and fishing rods stolen from my boat in my front yard. I even put "bait" in front of a hidden trail camera, but nothing bit. It chaps my *** that the police have such a blase attitude. With so many outsiders coming to this area for jobs, I'm sure theft will increase. Just also read that gangs from Houston have been sent to this area as well as others to case neighborhoods for items to steal.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus73 View Post
I have had things walk off over the years. Most recently a chainsaw, hunting bucket, and fishing rods stolen from my boat in my front yard. I even put "bait" in front of a hidden trail camera, but nothing bit. It chaps my *** that the police have such a blase attitude. With so many outsiders coming to this area for jobs, I'm sure theft will increase. Just also read that gangs from Houston have been sent to this area as well as others to case neighborhoods for items to steal.
They're not from Houston they're originally from nola. Remember when we had to open the astrodome "roach motel" for your people to survive since they have no positive direction in life an can't fend for themselves.