SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Thanks for the advice fellas

Well, back from the honeymoon in NOLA. Had a great time, spent some time at the zoo, aquarium and IMAX. Jackson Square was probably the best part of the whole site seeing adventure. I love jazz and there was a jazz band playing in front of the Cathedral. There was just something about the atmosphere in that part of the city that was different from every where else, even the surrounding neighborhoods. Spend Monday on Magazine Street. Great little stretch of businesses. Bought a 2nd edition Audubon Print from a little shop called Sterling Frames Studio. I have always wanted an Audubon, so that was awesome to finally get one.

I can't recall if I actually took anyone's advice on where to eat or not. Sunday night we ate at G B's Grill off Carrolton. Best steak and burger I've ever eaten at a restaurant, hands down. Tasted like one of my own burgers. For lunch monday, we hit Mahoney's on Magazine. Awesome poboys right there. And then at the wife's request, we hit Hard Rock that night so she could get another Hard Rock bear (she's trying to get a collection going). Food was typical restaurant fare and they didn't even have the bears. That's about right. All in all, had a great time though. Only regret is we didn't have time to go to the WWII Museum, so that is on the agenda for the next trip.

Also, I will never set foot on Bourbon St again. Probably some of the most beautiful ar****ecture in the city, but the trashiest in terms of the people.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Congrats on getting married. Was this your first time to New Orleans or something?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

glad y'all had a good time. Congrats on the marriage
Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

congtrats on your recent wedding & honeymoon

Bourbon Street is like a lot of things in life, you have to go ONE time just to see whats its about and then you say.....Never Again
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Congrats on getting married. Was this your first time to New Orleans or something?

Nah, I've been a few times. Been to the Aquarium quite a few times as a kid, field trips and such. I've been to the area several times in the last 3 years, but it was always for work or personal reasons, never for vacation or anything. So, with the exception of the Zoo, Aquarium, and IMAX, I had never been to any of the places we went to.