SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,024
Default Henderson 4-6-12

Hit the lake at at 7 and fished till 2. Never had a solid bight. We were bass fishing. Started out in Butte Larose canal, then caught a couple more spots on the south end. After fishing the south end thoroughly we made a move north and caught spots that I usualy fish when the water is lower in the summer. Water quality definetly better on the south end as I figured it would be. It was 55 degrees when I left my house which had me worried. Saw a lot of people drowning crikets, but every one I talked to was not catching. Talked to a fella that had fished a couple of days earler in the week and had been catching nice bream on the boullivard and in butte larose, but had not done any good friday morning. Also the north winds had the hyacinths on the move. Could not move everywhere I wanted to. Is there any launch that is not choked out? Overall it was a nice morning on the water with the old man. Baits used included torpedo, senko, jigs, power worm, speed craw, spinnerbaits, beetle spins, shallow crank baits, stick baits.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Stinks about the tough day, but thanks for the report. Welcome to the SC
Old 04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959

We went to Henderson. That north wind gave the fish lockjaw. We tried the Ammaco and in the flats near there then went to the dog leg. Couldn't run the interstate all the way west to the dogleg since the hyacinths were so thick. Had to cut through the canal right on the south side of the interstate and finish the run to the dogleg. No fish biting anywhere. No one else seemed to be doing any better. Launched at Cypress Cove. They have the launch area boomed off so the hyacinths don't get in there. It was good to get out, though.