SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 753

My wife and I went yesterday to the Bay. Caught 1 keeper red at Redfish Point on the first cast, thought it was on. Didn't get another bite. Storm chased us off, went to the fresh water bayou locks, water was dirty. Caught a 12lb catfish. Called it a day at 1:00. Spoke to a guy at the launch at Intracostal city, said he caught some tout at the pass didn't say where though. We should have stuck the rain out and went to Marsh Island.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
Made it out on Saturday, 9/6 for a full day of fishing. We were out at Tiger Shoal for 6:20. We fished half a dozen spots out there where we've raked them in in the past, and we couldn't get a single trout in the boat. Had one speck hooked, and my leader snapped. Made it all the way until noon without a single fish in the box. We made it in to the reefs by the pass, and we managed to pull in 8 keeper trout along with some trash fish and smaller trout (over about 2 hours). I've been fishing my whole life, but I'm new to Vbay. Although I love any advice people are willing to give, here's what I'm really interested in. I've made six trips offshore to Tiger Shoal. Two of the times, we came close to limiting out. Two times we had a nice fat mess, which was more than enough to keep me happy. The other two, we got skunked. The first time I chalked it up to wind, since we had 2-3 foot seas. This time, it was like glass and we still weren't catching. By all indications, it should have been a great day for fishing. The tide was moving pretty quick and the water clarity wasn't bad. We fished artificial (of various colors) on bottom, in the middle, and top under a popping cork. I can't figure out why the fish weren't biting offshore. I'd love any advice people can give about when the fishing is good offshore and why it might have been bad this past Saturday. Thanks, folks!

Its transition month buddy.. The bite always gets scattered and tough in September. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, its just the time of year. You can go out one day catch a limit and go back the next and catch 3.. just happens
Old 09-11-2014, 08:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
Its transition month buddy.. The bite always gets scattered and tough in September. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, its just the time of year. You can go out one day catch a limit and go back the next and catch 3.. just happens

Been like this since middle of august atleast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm
Old 09-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Somebody mentioned the solar/lunar pull. I've never put much stock into fishing forecasts based on the phase of the moon. Do you guys pay attention to those? Have they held true?