SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfishfreak View Post
Wow I really stirred the pot with this one lol.I want to clear a few things up anyway.It was not my intentions to cause a big ruckus over this.I was completely respectful to the two officers involved I even offered them some of my mosquito repellant that they found during the search of my vehicle because the skeeters was eating me alive.I answered all questions with yes sir and no sir even though they were both young enough to be my children.I thought the whole thing was kinda comical seeing as I hadn't smoked pot in about 20 years.But when I realised that the little **** kept my pocket knife I got kinda irritated that I was singled out for no apparent reason.I have never ever been arrested for anything in my life I can't even recall ever getting a ticket.The worst thing I have ever done is assault a worker at a local snowcone stand and he was my son and had it coming to him luckily the owners didn't press charges against me Anyway with that being said I think I'm gonna let the officer keep the knife since I can easily afford to buy myself another and he probably can't so he got himself a little bonus this month and a token for what he assumed was gonna be his big bust of a life time.Atleast they left my Gulp Mullets alone and I can go get me another limit of flatties on my days off instead of making calls to get my knife back
Yeah you need to keep that crap out my place before I tune you up myself!! A snow cone stand is no place for domestic disputes, even though he did have it comin lol!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Some of you were writing about dot cops. Here is my actual experience with them. Two days before Christmas last year I get pulled over on La14 out of Abbeville. I ask officer did I due something wrong because I just passed a full dot roadside inspection a week earlier with no violations. He said no you didn't do anything wrong but I want to check you. The dot officer then proceeds to recheck everything and notices my emergency breakaway switch was hooked into my safety chains. A violation which at the time I had no idea about as I had been threw five or more previous roadside inspections in multiple states and had never been told anything about. Needless to say this sob put me out of service and wrote me a 100 dollar ticket. I honestly believe they work on a ticket quota to make money for the state. So if any of you four wheelers think you get harassed you ought to see what us truckers go threw. Also supposedly after passing a roadside inspection like I did before we are suppose to be given a sticker that we passed so we are not harassed for a number of months but everytime I have passed my roadside inspection dot tells me they are out of stickers. Go figure. In my mind if he would have given me a simple warning I can assure you I would have gotten this issue fixed immediately. This is one shinning example of why I have no respect for dot cops.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:00 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Yeah you need to keep that crap out my place before I tune you up myself!! A snow cone stand is no place for domestic disputes, even though he did have it comin lol!
Hahahaha.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I got one for ya. I was headed throuhg Port Barre early one morning on my way to meet my buddy for an early head start into the woods. Nobody else on the road. I do the speed limit the whole way through town, pass the cop sitting on side of the road, and slowly start to speed up to 65 on my way out of town. Well, he pulls me over because I had stated to speed up just before the 65mph sign instead of waiting till I passed it. Anyway, a violation is a violation. Well hes sees my guns in the back seat and asked if I was going hunting, I say Yes Sir! He goes on to wish me good luck in the woods and says that he's not going to be a ***** about something minor so he will make up a non moving violation instead to keep a speeding ticket off of my record. I tell him I really appreciate that and thank you. All that good stuff. He comes back, hands me the ticket book, I sign it, and Im on my way. A few days later I call the number on the back to find out how much it was going to be. THAT JACK A** WROTE ME UP FOR DISTRUCTION OF VIEW (which is the on he made up) AND FOR SPEEDING THROUGH TOWN! I cant remember now how much it turned out to be, but ended up having to pay a speeding ticket, which he said he wasnt going to write me, and another bogus charge that never happened. A** Hole!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
Some of you were writing about dot cops. Here is my actual experience with them. Two days before Christmas last year I get pulled over on La14 out of Abbeville. I ask officer did I due something wrong because I just passed a full dot roadside inspection a week earlier with no violations. He said no you didn't do anything wrong but I want to check you. The dot officer then proceeds to recheck everything and notices my emergency breakaway switch was hooked into my safety chains. A violation which at the time I had no idea about as I had been threw five or more previous roadside inspections in multiple states and had never been told anything about. Needless to say this sob put me out of service and wrote me a 100 dollar ticket. I honestly believe they work on a ticket quota to make money for the state. So if any of you four wheelers think you get harassed you ought to see what us truckers go threw. Also supposedly after passing a roadside inspection like I did before we are suppose to be given a sticker that we passed so we are not harassed for a number of months but everytime I have passed my roadside inspection dot tells me they are out of stickers. Go figure. In my mind if he would have given me a simple warning I can assure you I would have gotten this issue fixed immediately. This is one shinning example of why I have no respect for dot cops.
So did us truckers shorten DOTD by call them DOT. Hahaha. I agree they can be harassing. Luckily I've always had an DOT officer pull me over that was so nice that I thought he had spotted something and was playing me in a trap. Never had any trouble out of DOTD though. What about you. Lol
Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I did get a careless ops ticket from a st trooper once that was bs. He wrote it up as that and when I asked what I was doing carelessly, he stated that, since the roads were wet and I was doing 73 in a 70, I was acting carelessly! Yeah, I fought it and got it reduced to a 3 mph speeding ticket. Still cost me $115 and shows up on my dmv to the day! This was @ 5:30 in the mornin on a Sunday and, you guessed it, I was headed to work. I don't care didly for a state trooper! I really believe those guys would write their own mother a ticket!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
I got one for ya. I was headed throuhg Port Barre early one morning on my way to meet my buddy for an early head start into the woods. Nobody else on the road. I do the speed limit the whole way through town, pass the cop sitting on side of the road, and slowly start to speed up to 65 on my way out of town. Well, he pulls me over because I had stated to speed up just before the 65mph sign instead of waiting till I passed it. Anyway, a violation is a violation. Well hes sees my guns in the back seat and asked if I was going hunting, I say Yes Sir! He goes on to wish me good luck in the woods and says that he's not going to be a ***** about something minor so he will make up a non moving violation instead to keep a speeding ticket off of my record. I tell him I really appreciate that and thank you. All that good stuff. He comes back, hands me the ticket book, I sign it, and Im on my way. A few days later I call the number on the back to find out how much it was going to be. THAT JACK A** WROTE ME UP FOR DISTRUCTION OF VIEW (which is the on he made up) AND FOR SPEEDING THROUGH TOWN! I cant remember now how much it turned out to be, but ended up having to pay a speeding ticket, which he said he wasnt going to write me, and another bogus charge that never happened. A** Hole!
This is hard to believe. PB cops don't write many tickets.
J/K of course
Old 07-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Red Snapper

One day I was headed through Opelousas and I was on the douple laned main street and need to turn left onto 190. I was in the left lane and needed to get over to make the turn. Had my signal light on and kept trying to get over but no one would let me in. So next thing I know Im at the light already Still in the left lane and light is still green) so I turn my signal light off and go on through the light like I was supposed to do. Didnt realize until after that there was a cop behing me the whole time. No big deal right, I didnt do anything wrong. Well according to him I tried to make the left turn from the left lane and saw him behind me so I descied not to. I ended up with an "improper lane usage" ticket. Somthing that never happened and wasnt even attempted.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

Quote:

A fellow that takes care of our chemical at work was telling me he went to pay a ticket he had at Port Barre for 3 mph over the posted limit. When he left city hall, he was headed out of town and was stopped. He asked the deputy what the stop was far and he said 1 mph over the posted limit. Yes, he did get a ticket for it too. He told me he would never pass through Port Barre again, and if one of his customers would have a location in the corp limits, they would have to find another company to handle that one site.

Warren
Old 07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Here's one that gives all LEO a black eye.

VERY HARSH LANGUAGE !!!! not for children.
I think this LEO needs some more Training in public relations IF he ever gets back on the street.

Last edited by eman; 07-29-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshrat View Post
A fellow that takes care of our chemical at work was telling me he went to pay a ticket he had at Port Barre for 3 mph over the posted limit. When he left city hall, he was headed out of town and was stopped. He asked the deputy what the stop was far and he said 1 mph over the posted limit. Yes, he did get a ticket for it too. He told me he would never pass through Port Barre again, and if one of his customers would have a location in the corp limits, they would have to find another company to handle that one site.

Warren
Deff not a place I like to travel through.
I got a traffic camera ticket in the mail a few weeks ago from the last time I went to New Orleans. They busted me doin 30 in a 25!!! Thats 75 bucks out the window....
Old 07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

I travel through Port Barre all the time, never a problem BUT I DO UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT! same with Cutoff & Golden Meadow! What's the exit on I-49 in St Landry Parish? They're ALWAYS sitting at that over pass!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
I travel through Port Barre all the time, never a problem BUT I DO UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT! same with Cutoff & Golden Meadow! What's the exit on I-49 in St Landry Parish? They're ALWAYS sitting at that over pass!
Thats a good idea Jeff. You may be talking about the Washington exit, better slow down.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Watch this.....about Port Barre......comedian!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJ View Post
This is hard to believe. PB cops don't write many tickets.
J/K of course

they are insane right there!! I do under the speed limit and whatever you do don't switch lanes, because your turn signal might not have been on "long enough" before you switched lanes!! Got away with a warning for that, luckily...
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Ville Platte exit! Outside of Opelousas heading north the speed limit is now 75mph so you dont see them much anymore.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Ville Platte exit! Outside of Opelousas heading north the speed limit is now 75mph so you dont see them much anymore.

but don't drive 76 cuz your arse would be grarse
Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

I took my little girl to a birthday party one time at her friends house. Her dad was a BRPD and was dressed in uniform cause he had to work that evening. When he was leaving he said bye everyone! Got to go violate some citizen rights! I want to kick him in his nads as he was laughing. I have met some bad and good on the hwy and I speak to them all the same. Yes sir or no sir. Just depends on how his day is going if you will get treated with the same respect. Moma always said life is like a box of chocolates!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyFunlink-Picdump-189-43.jpg (64.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

You get caught texting on the road and some of them are wanting to give you a body cavity search.