SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I think we all let our egos get in the way a lot and we forget why we love it so much.
That and people get way too offended about what someone posts on the internet.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I think we all let our egos get in the way a lot and we forget why we love it so much.

I'm no "expert". But I enjoy helping new people out with spots and advice when I can. I also really enjoy taking others out and showing them a good time fishing. Isn't that why we all come to salty Cajun and similar sites? To share stories and tips with fellow fishermen?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post

I'm no "expert". But I enjoy helping new people out with spots and advice when I can. I also really enjoy taking others out and showing them a good time fishing. Isn't that why we all come to salty Cajun and similar sites? To share stories and tips with fellow fishermen?
Not everyone comes on here for that reason....egos and sms gets in the way sometimes.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

The point is no one has a problem with people who want to go fish
... i dont care if you cant fish or can

My point is people need to learn respect and boat edict... Dont ruin anothers persons trip who is catching fish by being just boat stupid!! Dont run your big motor up to a boat because he is catching fish and your not... if people would just watch they would learn more from watching than being a idiot and messing up the ones who can fish!!! ( i speak for a lot of fisherman and guides)

I dont make a living off the water but i do guide part time and when i work my tail off to put someone on fish, too have a idiot come bust up my fish because he is clueless...
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

W = Most interesting man on BL.

If you cant catch limits you dont deserve to enjoy being in the water with friends and family.

*******. You need to remember when you were learning the water.

Not everyone is born catching limits like you.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
W = Most interesting man on BL.

If you cant catch limits you dont deserve to enjoy being in the water with friends and family.

*******. You need to remember when you were learning the water.

Not everyone is born catching limits like you.
Where in the hell did anyone say anything about limits... im talking about boat common respect . can we not talk about common respect of fisherman with out someone getting all butthurt crying about something were not even talking about ?

Is it too much to ask a person to use his trolling motor or not get so close i can hit his boat with bait?? Or throw his anchor 15 feet ??

Is it too much to as for respect?? I give every angler respect on the water until its taken!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Ok...i went down to landing today around 2pm

Just road golf cart from boat to boat seeing what people caught

I talked to atleast 22-25 boats and between all of them total of 15 trout and about 18 reds 2 flounder

Black Drum about 7

Now talking to these people for just about all of them, this is about normal trip burn 20 gals of fuel and 3 fish...

So what keeps them coming back???

I seen some of the biggest rod n reel combos in my life!!! I had to drink beer to enjoy the conversations!!

I seen 100 Heavy Heavy Heavy Rods..... one boat had Some all stars and one had a falcon..Rest were offshore rated rods...you could catch Marlin on them

And pop n corks that would keep your boat a float
**** most of theae ppl are juat trying to have fun on the water and put their friends and family on fish.
No ine sets out to ruin your day in the watet.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
**** most of theae ppl are juat trying to have fun on the water and put their friends and family on fish.
No ine sets out to ruin your day in the watet.
Again..that can happen while giving respect
Old 06-16-2013, 07:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

the "W" fan club grows daily
Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlincecum View Post
the "W" fan club grows daily
Lmao
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-06-16 19.34.32.jpg (50.9 KB, 193 views)
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

as much of fan as I am of the olympic anchor toss, I think people just love to hate you. lmao
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

I stayed out of this one till now. I fish 10-12 times ayear in big lake .. understand that people want to have fun and put family and friends on fish. But you have to treat other fishermen with respect!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
The point is no one has a problem with people who want to go fish
... i dont care if you cant fish or can

My point is people need to learn respect and boat edict... Dont ruin anothers persons trip who is catching fish by being just boat stupid!! Dont run your big motor up to a boat because he is catching fish and your not... if people would just watch they would learn more from watching than being a idiot and messing up the ones who can fish!!! ( i speak for a lot of fisherman and guides)

I dont make a living off the water but i do guide part time and when i work my tail off to put someone on fish, too have a idiot come bust up my fish because he is clueless...
Damn this is a first or second, but I'm with YOU!!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I agree on respecting others on the water. Actually, it should be a given that others should be respected regardless of the location. Home, the hwy, the duck blind, on the water fishing, at work wherever. But how does that equate to making fun of their lack of success or choice of fishing equipment? As far as boat launching and on the water etiquette many people were not fourtunate enough to come from families that share this hobby and don't know what the proper etiquette is. You don't know what you don't know. As more experienced boaters we should try to educate them as you did in the previous post fishing birds. That's much more effective than making fun of them.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I don't get to fish often but Saturday me and my Buddy and my son went out of BSL, MS and fished Flat Boat Pass and Brush Island. Miles of islands to fish and we got disrepected twice. One time by a big nautic star the almost drifted into us trying to set an anchor with 7 people on it and the second time by some guys in a Triton running WFO 30 yards off of us while we were fishing a reef.

We only caught 3 keeper trout and burnt up an impeller that we fixed Saturday. Still had a good time being out on the water. My buddy I fished is good friends with a guide, takes 4-6 trips a year with him. He texted him Sat to see how he did and he only caught 11 Trout.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 832

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but just from a casual reading of the posts I can see both points. Yes it is extremely difficult to deal with other boaters that don't know or care about fishing etiquette, but at the same time we're talking about the general public here. BL isn't owned by a private fishing club or anything, so anytime you know you are going to be on public waters you have to just learn to deal with the incompetents and jerks that are always present. Yeah it is pretty funny to see people with all kinds of funny rigs and equipment at the docks. This is a fishing site, people on here know what W's talking about and everybody can get a kick out of it. It's not like he was insulting them to their face.