SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Dance They Gone Full Retarded

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s..._our_insh.html
Old 07-08-2014, 05:59 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Haha..... That's a great idea.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

If the guide catches his limit then he can do whatever he wants. But letting the sports catch the guides limit along with their own should be stopped.

I've hunted places where we did not shoot the guides limit. But that guide knew before we started that he better not shoot ours. He kept his gun in the boat.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

They say that they are helping clients break the law ? All they have to do is tag their fish w/ name and license number before giving to clients and voila. No more breaking the law.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Louisiana has enough fish to go around. Management regulations should be based on the availability of the resource, and increased restrictions should only be put in place when there is sound science showing the resource is endangered by maintaining the status quo.

This deal is yet another case of jealous anglers wanting to place unnecessary restrictions on others without sound science showing a management necessity.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Better start voting.
The number is drastically in favor of the recommendation...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404867189.682896.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
Better start voting.
The number is drastically in favor of the recommendation...
Attachment 70932

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% of the 74% never hired a guide or never fished with one or can't afford to
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

50% of the 100% is guides.

LMAO according to the article.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Yep, pretty dumb. If someone buys a fishing license and then pays to buy a commercial charter license on top of that, they are entitled to their limits every day. Do these people think that guides aren't taken into consideration when data is looked at and limits are set? Guides don't fish every single day of the year, and don't catch limits every day that they do fish. Sounds like a lazy guide that doesn't want to work as hard and wants to be done quicker every day.

It all goes back to habitat. Changing limits is not what is going to make fish populations grow. It simply wouldn't make enough of a difference if guides quit keeping their limits. Pretty unbelievable suggestion if you ask me.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

If anyone knows full retard, it's W...
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
If anyone knows full retard, it's W...
Damn you came up for air off of JAdams &€!@?

Welcome to another thread glad you could join us
Old 07-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Louisiana has enough fish to go around. Management regulations should be based on the availability of the resource, and increased restrictions should only be put in place when there is sound science showing the resource is endangered by maintaining the status quo.

This deal is yet another case of jealous anglers wanting to place unnecessary restrictions on others without sound science showing a management necessity.

I have to disagree somewhat with blaming it on jealousy, there is some validity to their anecdotal approach if you take the circumstances and extrapolate what was then vs what is now. I'm talking about number of fisherman, number of guides, number of days booked spread across number of guides, and number of registered boat owners (all 30 years ago vs now).

Reduced coastal land mass and other environmental impacts coupled with more and more charter opportunities have undoubtedly negatively impacted our stocks. It's hard to base everything on such concrete scientific data when 30-40 years ago it probably didn't exist as it does today. Kinda like testing radiation in tuna and blaming the levels on the meltdown in japan when not much data existed before the tsunami (exaggeration for representation).

I fully agree on basing regulations on sound scientific data, but have a hard time believing that increased harvest and decreased stocks don't relate in a linear fashion when plotted over a 40 year graph - I'd bet it would make a nice X.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

I want to know where this law is that says guides can give clients their share above and beyond the customers limits?

I know for a fact if you are stopped and checked on the road you better not have more then 50 fillets (25 x 2) per licensed fisherman in the vehicle or it will be confiscated and you WILL BE ticketed PERIOD.

no excuses, no "im carrying the fish for the guys in the other truck" or "I was at camp all weekend" unless you have a paid receipt to show them in order to have a 2 day limit in possession.

as said earlier, the guides are admitting to willingly breaking the law on a regular basis by stating they catch their limit to give to customers.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I have to disagree somewhat with blaming it on jealousy, there is some validity to their anecdotal approach if you take the circumstances and extrapolate what was then vs what is now. I'm talking about number of fisherman, number of guides, number of days booked spread across number of guides, and number of registered boat owners (all 30 years ago vs now).

Reduced coastal land mass and other environmental impacts coupled with more and more charter opportunities have undoubtedly negatively impacted our stocks. It's hard to base everything on such concrete scientific data when 30-40 years ago it probably didn't exist as it does today. Kinda like testing radiation in tuna and blaming the levels on the meltdown in japan when not much data existed before the tsunami (exaggeration for representation).

I fully agree on basing regulations on sound scientific data, but have a hard time believing that increased harvest and decreased stocks don't relate in a linear fashion when plotted over a 40 year graph - I'd bet it would make a nice X.

What is the diffence for me catching my limit and cleaning it fishing with buddies or guiding ??

Please explain ?

Do you realize most guides started fishing more than before guiding ?

I fished more days YTD year before last not guiding than I have guiding

When I was not guiding I fished 6 out of 7 days just about every week now I only book 3-5 trips every week

So I'm keeping less fish right now this year to date than I did in 2011 not guiding
Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I want to know where this law is that says guides can give clients their share above and beyond the customers limits?

I know for a fact if you are stopped and checked on the road you better not have more then 50 fillets (25 x 2) per licensed fisherman in the vehicle or it will be confiscated and you WILL BE ticketed PERIOD.

no excuses, no "im carrying the fish for the guys in the other truck" or "I was at camp all weekend" unless you have a paid receipt to show them in order to have a 2 day limit in possession.

as said earlier, the guides are admitting to willingly breaking the law on a regular basis by stating they catch their limit to give to customers.

You are allowed two limits on possession per fisherman

So if my buddy from Baton Rouge comes fish with me for the day and we catch 30 trout
We clean the trout and he takes home my limit with his , he is legal by law
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
"I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't cry either way," he said. "I don't think it's going to make a big enough impact at all because out of all the guides who have licenses, there can't be but a hundred or so who actually fish full-time."

In 2013, the most recent year for which numbers are available, Louisiana had 721 licensed saltwater guides, but many of those are part-timers who will run trips for other guide services on the weekend. Others simply run a trip or two a year to be able to write off fishing expenses.

The guide industry simply isn't large and active enough to put a dent in saltwater fish stocks, Miller said.

"A busy guide is probably running 150 trips a year," he said, "so removing the amount of fish one guy catches isn't going to make that drastic of an impact."
This is basically the only thing in the article that makes sense. The rest is typical "feel good" babble.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

YTD by my books

2011 - 61 days fished 1952 trout

2014 - 49 days fished 1845 trout
Old 07-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
What is the diffence for me catching my limit and cleaning it fishing with buddies or guiding ??

Please explain ?

Do you realize most guides started fishing more than before guiding ?

I fished more days YTD year before last not guiding than I have guiding

When I was not guiding I fished 6 out of 7 days just about every week now I only book 3-5 trips every week

So I'm keeping less fish right now this year to date than I did in 2011 not guiding

I wasn't touching base on guides keeping their own fish - my post probably deserved it's own thread.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
YTD by my books

1981 - 12 days fished 2736 trout

2011 - 61 days fished 1952 trout

2014 - 49 days fished 1845 trout

Fify
Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

You can possess more than a 2 day limitvas long as the extra fish is tagged w/ name address and fishing license number of person catching those fish