SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-15-2016, 12:02 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
No mention of fillin up da pot holes.
Pot holes are not bad like they were a couple years ago. They were filled in back then. Don't have worry about getting stuck in one now.... they will just bounce your boat a little now.

"W"...... In you "master plan" please fix up the bulk heads so bolts are not sticking out where boats are tied up while launching.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:08 AM
Redfish

Cash: 869
FlagUS

How can we get the launched dredged at a reasonable cost ?
Old 07-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 451

I am Michael LeBlanc from Hebert's Bait. We are sold out so fast on Saturday, that I have decided to add more capacity to the boat ASAP. I had plans to do it in the future with some new fiberglass boxes in the front of the boat, but I can't wait to find the time to do that now. Last night we added about 25 percent more capacity by improvising by converting our main ice box to a live well. I have plans to add another 25 percent capacity within 2 weeks. We brought about 40 quarts to the marina last night. My goal before next year is to be able to bring 60 plus quarts when we go out. I am also going to add 4 more holding tanks at the marina this year. My goal is to never run out. We are possibly adding live cocahoe minnows in the coming weeks. We have recently had good success with keeping croakers alive, but we have caught very few on the last 2 trips. They are hit and miss. We go out in the boat anywhere from 3-5 nights per week depending on our inventory. One thing that I want people to realize is that shrimping is very tide dependent. When we can catch a falling tide at night with a decent range, such as around the new and full moons, we tend to do much better than when we shrimp during weaker tides between the moons. Running a bait business is not as easy as it seems, I have run a huge debt getting this set up between the marina and the boat. I will probably never make that back, but I am enjoying catching and providing this bait for you all. I intend to keep on improving things until it becomes easy and almost automatic and something that you all can depend on consistently. It is truly exhausting, but when I'm finished I know it will be all worth it. Please feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions or if you need bait after hours, I live 10 minutes away and will try my best to accommodate you. The number is (337) 764-6252. I will try to keep the message current, especially if we are having any problems or are running low on inventory. Thank you for your support,
Old 07-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you're on the ball. Best of luck to the business.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Sand Trout

I own a construction company, and we are on a large project for the next few weeks. As soon as we can, we are going to address the bolts sticking out on the building side. I have a few ideas. If you all notice any other items, please let me know. The potholes are really not a problem any more unless I'm missing something. I intend to stay on top of that. As far as a store, downstairs, I am looking into that, but I don't believe that Cameron Parish will allow that at the current elevation. I will look at other options as time goes on later this year. No promises yet. I don't own the property, so I will have to clear any improvements including fuel with the owner. Again, no promises yet, but all of this is in the back of my mind. I am going to get the bait situation right first. All of this takes time and more importantly money, which is always in short supply for most of us. Thanks for your support!

Last edited by Hebertslivebait; 07-17-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Thanks to all. Competition is a great thing on the lake and east side has been out of it for awhile. I doi like cakcasueu point landing but there are times I rather launch at Hebert's.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 869
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebertslivebait View Post
I am Michael LeBlanc from Hebert's Bait. We are sold out so fast on Saturday, that I have decided to add more capacity to the boat ASAP. I had plans to do it in the future with some new fiberglass boxes in the front of the boat, but I can't wait to find the time to do that now. Last night we added about 25 percent more capacity by improvising by converting our main ice box to a live well. I have plans to add another 25 percent capacity within 2 weeks. We brought about 40 quarts to the marina last night. My goal before next year is to be able to bring 60 plus quarts when we go out. I am also going to add 4 more holding tanks at the marina this year. My goal is to never run out. We are possibly adding live cocahoe minnows in the coming weeks. We have recently had good success with keeping croakers alive, but we have caught very few on the last 2 trips. They are hit and miss. We go out in the boat anywhere from 3-5 nights per week depending on our inventory. One thing that I want people to realize is that shrimping is very tide dependent. When we can catch a falling tide at night with a decent range, such as around the new and full moons, we tend to do much better than when we shrimp during weaker tides between the moons. Running a bait business is not as easy as it seems, I have run a huge debt getting this set up between the marina and the boat. I will probably never make that back, but I am enjoying catching and providing this bait for you all. I intend to keep on improving things until it becomes easy and almost automatic and something that you all can depend on consistently. It is truly exhausting, but when I'm finished I know it will be all worth it. Please feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions or if you need bait after hours, I live 10 minutes away and will try my best to accommodate you. The number is (337) 764-6252. I will try to keep the message current, especially if we are having any problems or are running low on inventory. Thank you for your support,

Good job Mike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Sand Trout

As of last night we had between 60 and 70 quarts of live shrimp available. It seems like we are getting better at keeping them alive on the boat and at the Marina. Call the (337) 764-6252 if you need anything after hours. Thanks!