SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Almost back to back days

Yesterday was almost a repeat of the day before but it was a lot rougher. We left the dock before 6:00. Once we found the boats we were greeted with no fish and a building sea. The bonito or albies were not even with the boats. Was not long before one of the guys goes down and assists me with the chumming. Eventually we find a few bones and after about 4 drifts we get a blackfin. A few more drifts and we bring in a 50-60 pound yellowfin. It was too rough to get any pictures. While getting into the coffin box one of the guys looses his balance and breaks it as he falls to the deck. He pulled the thru bolts right of the fiberglass lid.

The morning went on with nothing in the box. About 11:30 there was a discussion about going in. There were 2 of 5 that were so sick one of them went beyond green to pure white. The diehards decided they came all the way from Bristol, Tenn. and had to try to stick it out. At this time there were only 2 shrimpers left and both of them had no fish on them all day. One of them was still void of fish but the other had a few birds flying in front of it so it was holding fish for sure. We worked it for the about 3 hours and put 5 more blackfin in the box. We had 3 lines working and they were all singing but mostly all bonito. We did manage about 5 sharks but only one big boy about 8 feet long.

With the time change and shorter days we had to head in just after 3:00. At least we had something for the board.

Was going to go for trout today but my hands are cut up and swollen so I will give them a break for the next few days. A front is comming through and I have 4 acres to mow before it rains tonight. Hate to do it because the trout are stacked up in the river in Venice at this time. They will only be here for a few weeks.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters