SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 910

Yeah. And go ahead and sell whatever boat you have too and buy a Haynie. Doesnt matter what brand if it's not a Haynie.

Shimano and Haynie 4-Lyfe playa
Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalesdave View Post
Yeah. And go ahead and sell whatever boat you have too and buy a Haynie. Doesnt matter what brand if it's not a Haynie.

Shimano and Haynie 4-Lyfe playa
Great choice of equipment.... And the guy asked and I believe I use a reel enough to know the answer!!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 972

Haha I've always used shimano fresh and salt the ONLY reason i asked about the Abu is cause IM very dissapointed in the new shimanos and i don't buy the cheap ones but they're all made cheap now and hopefully mine was just a defect
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

SHimano Currado is the best bang for your buck.....you can get em on sale at $119.00 now!!!!!
have had two revos and both broke within a year.....i have 5 currados and have never had them break at all.....the oldest is over 6yrs.

TB
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
Haha I've always used shimano fresh and salt the ONLY reason i asked about the Abu is cause IM very dissapointed in the new shimanos and i don't buy the cheap ones but they're all made cheap now and hopefully mine was just a defect
I agree to an extent but disagree as well the newer reels that are not going to be Japan made will not be as good of quality,

1) Chronarch 200E or 50E = Good real holds up well and casts and reels very smooth but it is no Chronarch CH100D7. Still made in Japan were they have been producing the older ones.

2) Curado 200E7 or 50E = I dont know any one who has ever picked one of these up with dissapointment, one of the best all around reels on the market HANDS DOWN! If you can still find the E7's buy them because they are going cheap on the new ones that we will see sometime this fall and not sure how they will be performance/integrity wise.

3) Citica 200E = Reel is a tank I use mine for wading and beach fishing and i cant complain one bit about these reels, not quite as smooth as the above stated but great reel for $100. Now the new ones that we will also see this fall will no longer be made in Japan but seem to have some upgrades so they might be worth the extra money they are going to be charging for them but only time will tell.

If you are going to fish saltwater and fresh i would definately take the Shimano Route.
Strictly Freshwater have at the other brands but as previously stated dont expect them to hold up in the long run.

As for your reel Patt you must have gotten a defected one because the new line of the lower end shimanos havent hit shelves yet, so you not getting the malaysian made reels just yet. Best of luck in the future man
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Abu Ora sucks, it was good the first trip I made but the next trip I made it started grinding and by the third trip it would catch every crank and it was used only at Toledo Bend, I have a Shimano Callisto that is 8-9 yrs old that has been used in salt and fresh water and never really taken care of and its still used every trip and still work's fine. I looked at the Lewes at Tackle Box and its pretty sweet, think I may buy one soon.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Abu Ora sucks, it was good the first trip I made but the next trip I made it started grinding and by the third trip it would catch every crank and it was used only at Toledo Bend, I have a Shimano Callisto that is 8-9 yrs old that has been used in salt and fresh water and never really taken care of and its still used every trip and still work's fine. I looked at the Lewes at Tackle Box and its pretty sweet, think I may buy one soon.
Stick with Shimano . . . .
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Redfish

Cash: 972

Just gonna stick with the shimanos too much trouble messing with other brands that your taking a chance on
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
Just gonna stick with the shimanos too much trouble messing with other brands that your taking a chance on
I agree, there are alot of reels out there that i would like to try, but why switch if you know what you using works and is reliable. . . . . just my 2 cents

Get you a Chronarch 50e or a Curado 50e and load it up with some 20lb powerpro, you wont be dissapointed!