SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Goochie you limited when you hunted and fished with Conan the Barbarian?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Rest pond is a mile away they get up and fly over same concept as refuge they body in impoundment and every morning come out impoundment and fly to the marsh u just gotta line up in the flyway most of u guys hunt rice fields rice and marsh are two totally different types of hunts
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

image.jpg
Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Rest pond is a mile away they get up and fly over same concept as refuge they body in impoundment and every morning come out impoundment and fly to the marsh u just gotta line up in the flyway most of u guys hunt rice fields rice and marsh are two totally different types of hunts
Unless your within a mile of a Wrap same concept.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

What a gay thread ! All I know is AU ain't jumping Ohio state!!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Some of you guys need to get a good marsh blind and see. Day in and day out marsh will kill when rice fields don't even see a duck. We have 6 blinds in our marsh and do well almost every day the last few years but this year we have a few struggling but still killing 8-14 birds a day. We hunt the same blind every day also We have a big club next to us and they have 8 blinds and are doing pretty well with some of theres too. 3 yrs ago I hunted every day and only missed my limit 3 days. For the most part I only hunt 2 plus me but have a couple of days I add a extra one.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
Unless your within a mile of a Wrap same concept.
This wrp you speak of... That's like a moist soil drawdown that produces an influx of wild vegetation... Right? Like a Waterfowl Restoration Project? So sometimes maybe the government would pay you to leave a field unplanted and catch rain water to hold ducks?
That's nuts?!?!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Some of you guys need to get a good marsh blind and see. Day in and day out marsh will kill when rice fields don't even see a duck. We have 6 blinds in our marsh and do well almost every day the last few years but this year we have a few struggling but still killing 8-14 birds a day. We hunt the same blind every day also We have a big club next to us and they have 8 blinds and are doing pretty well with some of theres too. 3 yrs ago I hunted every day and only missed my limit 3 days. For the most part I only hunt 2 plus me but have a couple of days I add a extra one.
And some days it's you plus 2 but you gotta do all the shooting... Lmao! I'm telling ya KENT stock!!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
And some days it's you plus 2 but you gotta do all the shooting... Lmao! I'm telling ya KENT stock!!
I am in the Kent stock now need you to come on back and help the needy, lol. Hey that's what it is all about getting to shoot and have fun
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
You are correct. But the only draw back to marsh is you could lose EVERYTHING to saltwater intrusion. And if you do.....
They gonna fill up the rice fields. But for the time being the marsh is where it's at... No denying that.
Y'all ever see a change after a front comes? Does it get any better or worse when the sun starts shining and wheather gets more predictable?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I am in the Kent stock now need you to come on back and help the needy, lol. Hey that's what it is all about getting to shoot and have fun
I am down 2 cases already
Old 12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Im down. Brian wants to go back n I have a few more customers I want to bring , just don't know if ill be able to squeeze it in b4 we leave for South Africa
Old 12-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
You are correct. But the only draw back to marsh is you could lose EVERYTHING to saltwater intrusion. And if you do.....
They gonna fill up the rice fields. But for the time being the marsh is where it's at... No denying that.
Y'all ever see a change after a front comes? Does it get any better or worse when the sun starts shining and wheather gets more predictable?

Our marsh only gets intrusion from a big hurricane, I am in Klondike area. I would rather have clear days cause to me the ducks work better but we kill when it rains to. We are pretty close to fields so that also helps us. Any changing weather helps just cant stay the same for 3 days it slows down
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Im down. Brian wants to go back n I have a few more customers I want to bring , just don't know if ill be able to squeeze it in b4 we leave for South Africa
ok give me a holler
Old 12-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

The spots I hunt in our marsh (saltwater) are between resting areas and feeding areas if I had to guess. They take this route every single day I've been out there. Some days they are a few hundred yds off some days they are right on top but they are always visible. Some days I gotta call call and others I tell myself to shut the hell up. I'm the only one out of the 5-6 people that hunt this general area that is almost directly under this flight path. I use a canoe with a small mud motor and can get in some small areas that outboards or mud boats cant get to at all times during the season (low and high water/tides). This marsh never dies its all saltgrass. I try to move around and position myself for my hunts almost like hunting public land (have 2 actual blinds in the area). If I hunted out of these two blinds only then I'm sure numbers would be lower on my end but I feel like you gotta go to the ducks.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Our marsh only gets intrusion from a big hurricane, I am in Klondike area. I would rather have clear days cause to me the ducks work better but we kill when it rains to. We are pretty close to fields so that also helps us. Any changing weather helps just cant stay the same for 3 days it slows down
That's what I was getting at... Thanks. We are kinda in the same scenario but flip flop. We have laccassine within day to day flying distance I suppose... But we are able to maintain healthy vegetation in fields and hold rain water to create a fresh water rest area. We don't hold birds like last yr bc they all in the marsh...

Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
The spots I hunt in our marsh (saltwater) are between resting areas and feeding areas if I had to guess. They take this route every single day I've been out there. Some days they are a few hundred yds off some days they are right on top but they are always visible. Some days I gotta call call and others I tell myself to shut the hell up. I'm the only one out of the 5-6 people that hunt this general area that is almost directly under this flight path. I use a canoe with a small mud motor and can get in some small areas that outboards or mud boats cant get to at all times during the season (low and high water/tides). This marsh never dies its all saltgrass. I try to move around and position myself for my hunts almost like hunting public land (have 2 actual blinds in the area). If I hunted out of these two blinds only then I'm sure numbers would be lower on my end but I feel like you gotta go to the ducks.
Well put!! When I say lose everything I guess I mean the widgeon grass. From what I hear it doesn't like salty salty water.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Red Snapper

This is my blind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0339.jpg (39.2 KB, 149 views)
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I can't look at this merganser and not think of looter dude. Can someone please photoshop looter dudes head on this duck?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

I can promise you JAdams doesnt have to lie about his totals. Made a 4 man hunt with him, 24 birds, not a single teal... mostly greys, 3 widgeon and 5 blackjack.... Dude kept apologizing for it taking so long to limit (this around 9:30)