SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 656
Default Fishing out of Intracoastal City

My 17 year old (high school) son is looking for a place to go fishing out of Intracoastal City this fall after school day ends. We have a nice 17' custom aluminum flat with a 115, so the boat is decent, but of course it isn't a real bay boat and I don't really want him to scoot over to reefs. We are familiar with Cocodrie, but not this area. He is very good in the boat and not overly risky, and him a few buddies should have a nice afternoon. We took a little trip this Saturday afternoon to try Lake Fearman, but that Lake is shallow and picked up just a couple rat reds.

Can anyone give me a few suggestions for an afternoon trip out of Intracoastal City?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Well.. The bay will turn on in a couple to 4 weeks time barring any large storms with lots of rain..

Birds, on the reefs at or just out of the pass, the pass, the south bank of the bay are all good spots.. Fearman will get better as it cools off.

Hope this helps..

Biggun
Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Sand Trout

Thanks, he is pumped up about parking the boat and truck at school and leaving from there. The boat has a four stroke and he can pick his days better than I. I'm sort of jealous.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Once the inside trout bite kicks into full swing he can go join the boat parade in weeks bay/trashpile area. Not a very far run from delcambre or cypermort point
Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagic1000 View Post
Thanks, he is pumped up about parking the boat and truck at school and leaving from there. The boat has a four stroke and he can pick his days better than I. I'm sort of jealous.
I'm going through the same thing right now. I let mine take my aluminum boat his first trip to the delcambre canal and he and my youngest son limited out on redfish.... my wife asked if I was jealous, and to be honest I was quite "PROUD", it let me know that all the time spent with me in the boat since he was 4 actually paid off and he was paying attention when I thought he wasn't. He has since earned enough trust and I have let him and his buddy along with his younger brother take the Bay Boat out to the bay, while he hasn't been as successful as his maden voyage, I'm still proud of him wanting to do it on his own. And hey, the boat has come back without a scratch every time....LOL.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,051

I fished the game warden camp and fearman today and scratched. Couldn't even catch any bait at the camp weir. Not much help, but at least you know where not to go.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Sand Trout

duckfreak, yep they were wakeboarding in the Delcambre canal this summer, building a little trust. I trust them on the water more than at a Saturday night party, on the road with the drunks. If they break down at the point, there are a bunch of guys that would be more than willing to tow them in.

Delcambre is a short drive, and then 25 minutes out to the trashpile. That is a good idea.