SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852
Default do people still make and install marbella stone?

its mixed and poured into molds to make whatever color, pattern, and sized countertop, sink top, or tub/shower surround you need, but when looking online I dont see any companies advertising this.

everything I see is marble or granite stone where you spend a fortune to buy a slab and have it cut to fit what you want and installed.

I just want a custom built in sink vanity top that's like 73" long x 22" deep and I don't want and cant afford granite or marble.

there used to be lots of companies installing Marbella tub surrounds and vanities but I don't see anyone advertising such services anymore.

do they still make Marbella and would anyone know a company near new Orleans or even better, in Laplace, that can come give me estimates and installs it?
Old 10-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

When I built my house a few years ago I had custom sized vanity tops made but they were made from poured granite. Much cheaper than slabs of granite.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
When I built my house a few years ago I had custom sized vanity tops made but they were made from poured granite. Much cheaper than slabs of granite.
hmm, never heard of poured granite? maybe that's what they use instead of Marbella these days?

would you have any idea what it cost you per sq ft?

I have a 6ft vanity top with single sink in center if that's anything like yours
Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Man I really don't remember what mine cost... The poured custom sizes are priced by the pound.

I had 1 vanity that was about 8 ft long with a sink on each side and another vanity that was about 5 ft long with a sink in the center. I'm pretty sure I got 1 sink in Poured Granite and 1 sink in Poured Marble because of the color choices available but I dont remember which was which.

I used Southern Marble in Lake Charles... I just called them for you...

A rough price estimate for Poured Marble for a 6' vanity top with 1 sink and integrated back splash would be about $405. If you used Poured Granite it would be 25% more.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
Man I really don't remember what mine cost... The poured custom sizes are priced by the pound.

I had 1 vanity that was about 8 ft long with a sink on each side and another vanity that was about 5 ft long with a sink in the center. I'm pretty sure I got 1 sink in Poured Granite and 1 sink in Poured Marble because of the color choices available but I dont remember which was which.

I used Southern Marble in Lake Charles... I just called them for you...

A rough price estimate for Poured Marble for a 6' vanity top with 1 sink and integrated back splash would be about $405. If you used Poured Granite it would be 25% more.
thanks, that's not too bad. a slab would be like $1000 then I would still need a sink

I know granite is porous and stains and needs to be sealed but is the poured stuff the same way?
Old 10-24-2015, 03:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I had 2 of my bathrooms done in cultured Marble a few years ago. The company who did ours is Bath Crest out of Morgan City. Is that what your looking for?
Old 10-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 571
Default Hebert and sons

Hebert and sons on Hwy14e just out of LC near Iowa...son came out (Jennings) measures and made faux marble vanity including sink...around $250 in 2005. Exactly what you are looking for.

Good Luck
Old 10-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
I had 2 of my bathrooms done in cultured Marble a few years ago. The company who did ours is Bath Crest out of Morgan City. Is that what your looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracjac61 View Post
Hebert and sons on Hwy14e just out of LC near Iowa...son came out (Jennings) measures and made faux marble vanity including sink...around $250 in 2005. Exactly what you are looking for.

Good Luck
thanks guys, im way on the other side of state from you guys but it does help.

I will search for "cultured marble" and "cultured granite" companies near my area