SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167
Default Bad boys, bad boys

Migratory Game Bird Violations Lead to Five Guilty Pleas and Fines

Printable Version
Release Date: 10/24/2012

Oct. 24, 2012 -- Two Vermilion Parish men pled guilty in the U.S. Western District Court of Louisiana in Lafayette on Oct. 17 for migratory game bird violations.
Ryan Frederick, 23, of Kaplan, and Dustin Fontenot, 23, of Abbeville pled guilty to taking over the daily bag limit of white-fronted geese, hunting geese with an electronic calling device and for failing to maintain custody of their birds in the field.
Judge Patrick Hanna ordered Frederick and Fontenot to each pay a total of $2,155 in fines and fees and placed them on two years of probation, which includes no hunting of any migratory game birds.
In connection with this case, Zayne Greene, 23, Robert Russo, 21, and Drew Laborde, 21, all from Abbeville, pled guilty outside of court at an earlier date to hunting geese with an electronic calling device and failing to maintain custody of their birds in the field. These three men each paid $1,770 in fines and fees.
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agents observed Frederick and Fontenot on an afternoon hunt north of Kaplan on Jan. 12, 2012. When agents attempted to make contact with Frederick and Fontenot, the two threw geese into a nearby canal to hide them. Agents recovered 17 white-fronted geese and five snow geese from the canal and an electronic calling device used during the hunt after making contact with Frederick and Fontenot.
After further investigation, agents learned that Greene, Russo and Laborde participated in the hunt earlier in the afternoon in which the electronic calling device was used. Greene, Russo and Laborde also left harvested birds in the field.
Senior Agents Justin Sonnier and Lonnie Campbell investigated this case, which was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Brett L. Grayson.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

It's sorry pos like this that give us good hunters a bad rap. I've only made a few hunts with electronic callers and seen specks light 15 yards in the spread with them, but it's not worth it.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

just how small does your penis have to be that you have to make yourself feel better by committing ANY game law??
Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Yeah its one thing to make a mistake but these were intentional. They are not going to be hunting for 2 years
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

This is a total lack of disrepect for the outdoors and it makes me glad that i was taught to respect what god's gave us, and i'm teaching my kids the same way. Don't get me wrong i love to kill a limit, but it's not what it's all about it's being out in gods country. People like this don't need to call themselves sportsman.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

If your gunna make the papers, it might as well be on the front page
Old 10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
If your gunna make the papers, it might as well be on the front page
That's funny. I agree with everything else that's said I think it's disrespectful.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

Well like duck said I had specks land and walk around during electric calling its not with it
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
They are not going to be hunting for 2 years
Well, not legally of course!