SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334
Default 4-H Fishing Program

4-H has recently added fishing to their list of outdoor activities. Cameron Parish is up and running and Calcasieu Parish will be next. Some of these kids have the home life and means to purchase equipment but some do not. I am reaching out to the members of this site that may want to donate equipment they no longer use or need to the program. Volunteers will always be needed so everyones time will also be greatly appreciated.
Spincast or spinning reels will work great and if you have any older rods to pair them up with.

Hopefully this program will be statewide very soon and we can teach these kids how to catch fish, protect the enviroment, and practice safe boating.

Regards,

Raymond
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,572

ray i gots some old rods in the shop I can part with!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Sailfish

Great Sulphite! Working on something big for the program right now and will let everyone know about it berry berry soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I got some with broken tips......I can just stick and end eye on and call it good? They're all yours if you want em.....I'm sure I got some reels somewhere too
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

Hey Raymond, I have several old rods and spincast reels I can drop off next time I'm down that way. All in working condition. PM or post a location and I'll get it there.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Pimp'n Da Reds

Cash: 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
4-H has recently added fishing to their list of outdoor activities. Cameron Parish is up and running and Calcasieu Parish will be next. Some of these kids have the home life and means to purchase equipment but some do not. I am reaching out to the members of this site that may want to donate equipment they no longer use or need to the program. Volunteers will always be needed so everyones time will also be greatly appreciated.
Spincast or spinning reels will work great and if you have any older rods to pair them up with.

Hopefully this program will be statewide very soon and we can teach these kids how to catch fish, protect the enviroment, and practice safe boating.

Regards,

Raymond
Raymond, I would like to buy and donate some zebco rod n reel packages. Send me the info on where and when to donate.. This is a wonderful cause that I'd definitely love to be a part of. I'll even get Mark's big head to donate some rod n reel packages. So count us in.

g
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Redfish View Post
Raymond, I would like to buy and donate some zebco rod n reel packages. Send me the info on where and when to donate.. This is a wonderful cause that I'd definitely love to be a part of. I'll even get Mark's big head to donate some rod n reel packages. So count us in.

g
Easy now, Mark and Cajun are my boys. Will let everyone know when and where very soon. Thanks for all of the interest in this special cause. 4-H is going to make inroads with the fishing program and we will see the benefits in years to come.

Regards,

Raymond Little
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Easy now, Mark and Cajun are my boys. Will let everyone know when and where very soon. Thanks for all of the interest in this special cause. 4-H is going to make inroads with the fishing program and we will see the benefits in years to come.

Regards,

Raymond Little
It was good meeting you tonight.

The other Raymond.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Sailfish

Back at ya Raymond, wish I could have shot the **** with more peeps but they had me stretched berry tin. One day I am going to slo down and meet wit the people.

The Raymond
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

i have some stuff i dont use much but i was given them by my grandfather so pm me a list of items you guys need ( string, rods, reels , lures, ect) and i ll buy some and send em your way
Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Sailfish

Can bring on the used rods and reels fellows, I will get them to the lady with 4-H. PM me for my address or cell, personally, I would not ship just bring them and drop off when making a trip over to fish. Thanks for all of the relpys for help the kids will appreciate your good deed.

Regards,

Raymond
Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have 2 All Star rods and a few bait cast reels I can give
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have 3 rods with spinning reels on them too.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Sailfish

Anyone that is local and wants to donate can drop the equipment off at my office at 3100 Lake St. Location is just north of Open Air MRI, Please no live bait.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Sailfish

Thanks Ray for having your wife drop of the Three combos last week.
The 4-H/CCA fishing day will be at the Cameron Jetties July 24th. If you have gear to donate to the kids get it to me.

Regards,

Raymond
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Quote:

Regards,

Raymond

Calcasieu's 4-H fishing program started last year(at least some parts). Know several kids who participate. Been to several 4-H fishing meetings, demonstrations, clinics and fishing days.