SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393
Default Delacroix 1/14/11

made another solo trip, this time to the Delacroix Island.( remind me to get some friends). left the house at around 10:00 to catch the incoming tide. I knew the water would be low cause of the north wind thats been blowing, but i decided to go anyway. Made it to the bridge on Paris road when some guy pulled me over and told me my trailer tire was smoking. pulled over and checked it out. sure enough my bearings were gone on the left side. made it over the bridge looking for a place to get some bearings. thank the good lord that Blue Dot Marine was right on the other side of the bridge, they had what i needed and even loaned me some tools. these are some really nice folks, if you ever need anything stop on in. I got the bearings fixed and was back on the road within 30 minutes. made it down to Sweetwater Marina at around 1:00, Capt Jack Payne and his staff are top notch! i was by myself so they backed my boat down for me and parked my truck. even went and got my truck and put my trailer back in the water when i was done!. cant beat that. the water temp was around 40 degrees so i knew the trout bite was gonna be nonexistent. I started trolling some lee shoreline looking for some reds. took me a while but i found them stacked on a point. It was one on everycast! it was like reeling in a sack of potatoes. not much fight in them cold fish! I put my five in the icechest and played catch and release for a while. I was back at the launch for around 5, thank God I had an uneventful trip back home. it was a fun cold day in Delacroix! Oh and thanks Corey (Southern151) for getting me a new trailer tire! couldnt have made it without that!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 910

nice catch!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

nice catch
Old 01-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

nice! got to love some good redfish action!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Glad you made it safely. The tire deal, not a problem. I think you need to quit inviting me to go with you. Twice, you've offered and, twice, you've had problems!

Good catch and, I swear, someday, I'm gonna make the trip with you! I wanted to go something BAD with ya on this one! Here again those two, four letter words that start with a w got in my way! W**k and W**e!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Nice catch, its good to have people around that will help you out.......Theres alot of people that were not taught to help people out if they were, then they forgot it......nice mess....
Old 01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

You are actually lucky if all that happend close to a place with bearings for a boat trailer.
My luck, I would have broked down in the wrong part of town, just after all the bars closed.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
You are actually lucky if all that happend close to a place with bearings for a boat trailer.
My luck, I would have broked down in the wrong part of town, just after all the bars closed.

I see Murphy's Law has a daily place in your life too!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

I failed to mention that i broke my power trim switch off on the controls. **** happens in threes i guess. Hopefully all that bad luck is behind me now! I dont think its got anything to do with you Corey, I just hit a string of bad luck lately. We will get together soon, I know how them two W's can be. I dont think i could of broken down in a better place! which is usually not the case