SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Tim, when are ya'll planning on going down there? If we need to cancel our reservations in Gulf Shores we will probably head there also.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Full moon of June...........Goin rape the spawning trout!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,547

Tim - Look at Surfside Beach on the other side of San Luis Pass from Galveston. Rent you a beach house over there. You'll thank me for the advice. Personally, I won't ever step foot on Galveston island or spend a penny of my hard-earned money there.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default hmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
Tim - Look at Surfside Beach on the other side of San Luis Pass from Galveston. Rent you a beach house over there. You'll thank me for the advice. Personally, I won't ever step foot on Galveston island or spend a penny of my hard-earned money there.
Ya know ,i've heard that said about Grand isle a time or two.
Usually by someone that has had a run in w/ the grand isle popo.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Ya know ,i've heard that said about Grand isle a time or two.
Usually by someone that has had a run in w/ the grand isle popo.

I was thinking the same........
Old 05-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

im going down there on friday... hopefully ill get to fish barataria but i can always drive to fourchon or leeville and fish west
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Man, you rock!! Thanks alot!!!
No worries! It's the least I could do. I wish you didn't have to come to Galveston for your vacation, but I figure if you're forced to come over here, you might as well have a good time!

You'll enjoy Galveston - plenty to do for kids and adults.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
im going down there on friday... hopefully ill get to fish barataria but i can always drive to fourchon or leeville and fish west
Holla meaux ill be there from thursday till sunday.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Holla meaux ill be there from thursday till sunday.

you boys get ahold of me i will be down there (fourchon) if the weather and oil permits friday- sat
Old 05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Dink....if the hotels are all booked up check out VRBO.com for that area. When i lived in Galveston....we used to rent beach houses down in Pirates and Jamaica Beach for weekend partys and what not. Another great recommendation for the fam would be a dinner cruise on the Colonel Paddlewheeler ....which is too part of Moody Gardens....or maybe take a day w/ the fam to Kemah boardwalk....a quick drive off the island...for some good entertainment/eats. In the summertime..Thursday nights if i recall correctly.. they have "Rock the Dock" and that was always a blast (live music/firworks etc). As far as offshore fishing....I can't recall the guide we use to book..(i'll try to dig it up) but if you ...lol>>>go on 2cool.....those guys would know in a heartbeat...who to take....and i don't care what W says......the fishing is really good there (in and offshore).
Hope this helps a tad...
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090
Default Welcome . . . .

Just like "teamTTF" said, if there is any way we can help on this side of the river, let us know
If you need information about T-Bend, Sabine Lake, and a little about Trinity Bay, PM me . . . .I'd more than willing to share what I have . . . . I know that the group we get from this site is way better than what the gov't sent after Katrina . . . . half those are still guests in our correctional facilities. You are welcome and we'll do our best to accomodate you!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Check out this link on 2cool fishing . . . . hope this helps

Can you help a Cajun? . . . . - 2CoolFishing
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

I 2nd Galveston Island for things to do rather than just fishing.

If you want to fish G'ton, the surf ought to be on if the conditions are calm. Any of the small jetty structures on the Seawall called "rock groins" are good or go furthur west toward the State Park or San Luis Pass or go east and cross the ferry to Bolivar Peninsula for less crowded wade/surf fishing. No fishing license needed if you fish the State Park grounds and pay the small fee. Bay fishing spots are more frequent toward the west side of G'ton. Sportsman Road, bay side of San Luis Pass and behind the State Park have some wading access. Look for White flags at Bait shops for live shrimp and Yellow flags for live croakers. Not much different fishing the surf in Galveston than in Grand Isle. Use the same techniques and bait/lures.

My brother has a beach house in Grand isle rented out for the same week. I told him if he cancels, to bring his family over here. Schlitterbahn, Moody Gardens, The Duck Boat, shopping on The Strand or a fishing trip on a head boat are all good activities to keep the kids occupied. There are several chain hotels. Just do a search and you should come up with some options. San Luis, Hotel Galvez, and Hilton are the higher end options that I have stayed at and are really nice.

I also have a trip scheduled to Grand Isle in July for about 5 days doing an offshore charter and some surf/inshore fishing and it's not looking good if things are status quo w/ the oil slick. I'm keeping my fingers croseed that can get it stopped and contained so it doesn' t come even further west.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Red Snapper

Forgot to add about Kemah Boardwalk for amusement park rides and restaurants and even a tour of NASA might be interesting to do too. Just North of G'ton.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

going to play a baseball tourny at big league dreams on june 12/13, hope to have a good time.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Red Snapper

That Park is nice esp. for the little leaguers.
I've played in several softball tourneys there over the years. G'ton, NASA, & Kemah not that far away from there.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Alright Texans......I'm headed down this weekend.......any reports from Galveston? ? Not bringing boat, so wading only.........
Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,547

Tim, give me a call. Got something you might be interested in.

Oh and BTW, my comment had nothing to do with the (usual very courteous) popo in Galveston, just the crooked politicians and the way they spit in the face of the Texas law that states all beaches are public property. See texasopenbeaches.org for more info. I'm a long-time supporter, so I won't go to GI until they adhere to the law and stop screwing fishermen and beachgoers out of their lawful beach access.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Red Snapper

I'm fishing in Surfside on Wednesday. I'll put up a report if i go. Winds look a little iffy, but I gotta go to scratch my itch.

The trout should be in the surf if it is flat and trout green. Live bait, tops, plastics for trout and Spanish macs and cut bait for Bull reds and sharks. Dead bait shrimp for pan fish that are desirable and undesirable species like hard heads. Go toward the west end of the island away from the tourists past the Seawall. Look for beach accesses along the way. Fish the surf like you would in G.I.
Good Luck!!